Home Drink & Drugs
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Hollyoaks and Dope

Having been a fan of hollyoaks for a long time (sad I know) I am really shocked about the way they are dealing with the issue of cannabis. The guy whos's ment to be on weed is being made out to be this total twat, because of the drugs. He's selling his clothes, being agressive, stealing, acting like he's on crack as well.
They have even done the make up in such a way that he looks like he's on herion. I'm so pissed off!
Its taken me years to try and convince my parents that cannabis is a harmless drug and its not everyone that become effected like that.
I knew one guy who did spaz out when he was high, but then I knew a hundred others who didnt.

All this drug awareness making cannabis seem safer has all been fucked out by this program!
Beep boop. I'm a bot.
«1

Comments

  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    What can you do about it though?

    It just shows how stupid and uninformed the media is.

    If you were trying to convince your parents you could say "look, i've been smoking it __(whatever length of time)..do i looked or act wierd or anything, have you noticed anything wrong with me".

    Cannabis can be harmful though to some people, it all depends on the person using the drug, some can use it fine for years with heavy use but some go all fucked up in the head because of their use.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    all my life zella i have seen this disinformation ...
    i have a lot of responsibilities in life which i won't go into here.
    i'm thought of as a nice guy ...a guy you can rely on ...a guy you can trust ...a guy who will go out of his way ...a reliable person.
    but ...i smoke ...
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Re: Hollyoaks and Dope
    Originally posted by Zella
    Having been a fan of hollyoaks for a long time (sad I know) I am really shocked about the way they are dealing with the issue of cannabis. The guy whos's ment to be on weed is being made out to be this total twat, because of the drugs. He's selling his clothes, being agressive, stealing, acting like he's on crack as well.
    They have even done the make up in such a way that he looks like he's on herion. I'm so pissed off!
    Its taken me years to try and convince my parents that cannabis is a harmless drug and its not everyone that become effected like that.
    I knew one guy who did spaz out when he was high, but then I knew a hundred others who didnt.

    All this drug awareness making cannabis seem safer has all been fucked out by this program!

    OMG i was gonna post a thread the exact same as this a few days ago, i never watch it but when i was flicking through the channels i saw a bit of dope so i thought, i'll watch this and it was that episode when she blamed his cannabis use for him stealing stuff or something, i just busted out laughing and sorta got angry at how the made cannabis look, they're giving it a far worse impression than it deserves.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by morrocan roll
    all my life zella i have seen this disinformation ...
    i have a lot of responsibilities in life which i won't go into here.
    i'm thought of as a nice guy ...a guy you can rely on ...a guy you can trust ...a guy who will go out of his way ...a reliable person.
    but ...i smoke ...

    i see myself as a dead on sorta person who is helpful and can be trusted, smoking cannabis does't mean i'm some sorta thieving drug addict monster. smoking cannabis doesn't mean shit to anything at the end of the day, it's just a buzz.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    It's only having a toke, some people make too much of a big deal of smoking cannabis but alot of 'respectable' people smoke dope, look at all the musicians and actors and famous people over the years who have smoked dope, if you wanted you could search through here for all the famous users of cannabis, i think mroll posted it.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by turlough
    i it's just a buzz.
    thats true but ...it is so much more for me.
    but thats me.
    for me ...it is my spirituality. it is my truth. it is my way of dealing with a world i don't much like but have to live in.
    it is my valium my viagra my opium my aspirin.
    and no ...i'm not a cannabis addict or a complete stoner.
    i use ...not abuse.
    when i did abuse the stuff ...i was having a rare old good time i can tell ya!
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by morrocan roll
    thats true but ...it is so much more for me.
    but thats me.
    for me ...it is my spirituality. it is my truth. it is my way of dealing with a world i don't much like but have to live in.
    it is my valium my viagra my opium my aspirin.
    and no ...i'm not a cannabis addict or a complete stoner.
    i use ...not abuse.
    when i did abuse the stuff ...i was having a rare old good time i can tell ya!

    :lol: yea i can see where ya comin from but for me, cannabis is only a key in a series of locks and combinations to a door that is the truth, i've experienced this "key" and it's opened certain doors but it's nothing i couldn't live with if i never had the chance to smoke it again, as i said, it's just a buzz but yes at the same time it's more than just a buzz, its a spiritual enhancer.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by Shogun

    If you were trying to convince your parents you could say "look, i've been smoking it __(whatever length of time)..do i looked or act wierd or anything, have you noticed anything wrong with me".

    I may want them to understand it better but I dont want to be disownd. I use my mates as an example instead of me. But they know my sisters do it so they must know that it dont turn you into theiving scum.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by Zella
    But they know my sisters do it so they must know that it dont turn you into theiving scum.

    but it does, it's the scum of the earth, turns decent people into hoodlums and murderers, lets lock up our sons and daugters, there's a stoner on the loose :rolleyes:
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by Zella
    I may want them to understand it better but I dont want to be disownd. I use my mates as an example instead of me. But they know my sisters do it so they must know that it dont turn you into theiving scum.

    I suppose they know the craic then and your probably better off just you saying nothing and them saying nothing, that way you can still toke away and say nothing.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    pic removed as too big

    This is the sort of information that was put out in 1989 about E, shortly after The Sun withdrew its smiley face t shirt coupon offer. They had offered readers (in a shameless money making scheme) the chance to be at the front of the 'Acid House Craze' and to be the 'Coolest groover on the dancefloor' with these shirts, shortly before they realised what they were talking about.

    Is it any wonder that so many people have chosen to ignore or take with a pinch of salt alot of harm prevention advice, in light of blatant (historical) lies such as this, or (current) glaring innaccuracies in drug advice:rolleyes:
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Nothing new really, I've been working against the governments information for a while now.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Whats really scary is that peice on MDMA there isnt that far away from the BBC coverage of that trial involving people who said they had used GHB.

    "I was hallucinating and pulled her teeth out, its not my fault it was the devil drug."

    No, you're just a dangerous nutter.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    The protrayal is a bit rubbish, but it can't really encourage the use of it, when such young kids are watching.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    hmmmm. maybe another case of not enough emphasis being placed upon the user's brain, rather than the drug itself:confused:
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by bongbudda
    Whats really scary is that peice on MDMA there isnt that far away from the BBC coverage of that trial involving people who said they had used GHB.

    "I was hallucinating and pulled her teeth out, its not my fault it was the devil drug."

    No, you're just a dangerous nutter.

    That story's messed up, i've heard some crazy things about that drug, similar stories.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by dolly dagger
    That story's messed up, i've heard some crazy things about that drug, similar stories.

    The story is complete and absolute fiction as far as the drug is concerned. It does not under any situation make you hallucinate. Its a sedative, an anesthetic and nothing more.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by bongbudda
    Nothing new really, I've been working against the governments information for a while now.

    who supplies the government information about drugs, have they got a bias, seems so.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by bongbudda
    The story is complete and absolute fiction as far as the drug is concerned. It does not under any situation make you hallucinate. Its a sedative, an anesthetic and nothing more.

    you're right but it's a strong sedative, a first time user wouldn't know only small amounts are needed and could take a huge mouthful, i got an euphoric feeling from it, bit like E, never hallucinated like.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Not really, its the government asking loaded questions.

    "What harm does MDMA do?"

    Is VERY different from asking,

    "Does MDMA do harm?"
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by turlough
    you're right but it's a strong sedative, a first time user wouldn't know only small amounts are needed and could take a huge mouthful, i got an euphoric feeling from it, bit like E, never hallucinated like.

    Its a strong anesthetic and the dosage curve is steep, but unless mixed with other depressants its actually reasonably hard to OD on.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by bongbudda
    The story is complete and absolute fiction as far as the drug is concerned. It does not under any situation make you hallucinate. Its a sedative, an anesthetic and nothing more.

    Ok, but i have heard of people doing messed up things on the drug, maybe it wasn't the drug, possibly the people were just crazy? I don't know much about the drug really, so i can't comment on it from experience, just stuff i've heard.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by bongbudda
    Its a strong anesthetic and the dosage curve is steep, but unless mixed with other depressants its actually reasonably hard to OD on.

    didn't know that cos me and my mate used to always do it then one night we got a carryout and did it, i puked up and had blurry vision and he passed out for a while, started foamin, we freaked out and never did it again.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    You can 'mess up' on it relatively easily because as with any anesthetic you can knock yourself out.

    So obviously if your in a club and you take too much then you're not exactly totally safe.

    As with any depressant its also a drug that doesnt mix well with other drugs. It makes it more unpredictable, and is VERY dangerous if mixed with alcohol.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by turlough
    didn't know that cos me and my mate used to always do it then one night we got a carryout and did it, i puked up and had blurry vision and he passed out for a while, started foamin, we freaked out and never did it again.

    Well yeah, that does happen when you mix two depressants. Thats not really the fault of the drug, its a failing of drug education.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by bongbudda
    Well yeah, that does happen when you mix two depressants. Thats not really the fault of the drug, its a failing of drug education.

    i know but i'm still alive and what doesn't kill ya only makes you stronger :)
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Physically GHB is virtually the safest drug use can use on the planet.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by dolly dagger
    The protrayal is a bit rubbish, but it can't really encourage the use of it, when such young kids are watching.
    Thats a rubbish excuse!! They have lots of sex, wear tiny tiny skirts in december, swear, fight, binge drink, yet your saying that they cant be truthful because of children?? Bullshit.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I think what she was suggesting was that they can not be seen to be putting forward a positive image of cannabis at that time of the day.

    To be honest I think there are more than enough thruthful reason why kids and young adults shouldnt be smoking. You dont have to make anything up.
Sign In or Register to comment.