Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Weird Question?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Ok.. everyone post a weird question they'd like an answer too,

mine

Do simese (sp) twins have to buy 1 or 2 train/bus fares?

Comments

• Options
    Surely two, they are two people after all.
  • Options
    I bet it depends on where they are connected at. Like if their attached at the head and have two bodies, or if they are attached at the knee then both those would be like two people, but if they are just like 3 legs and two torsos then I bet you only have to pay for one.
  • Options
    Why are woman weird?
  • Options
    Probably one, it's one body with two people.
  • Options
    Because a house is only one house, there is no plural for a house.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Shogun
    Because a house is only one house, there is no plural for a house.
    well there a number of houses over the hill from me!
  • Options
    surely there must be some regulation regarding simease twins
  • Options
    tbh i don't think they'd ever get the bus really considering the fact that it'd be so difficult for most of them to get on. And if they did it'd be their choice cus the driver wouldn't want the PC crap. Question answered.

If you strapped buttered toast to a cats back, would it like spin forever and stuff.
  • Options
    No. Buttered toast doesn't really spin. Like are you talking if you dropped a piece of buttered toast, buttered side down on something? Cuz that woulnd't spin at all so why in fucks name would a cat make it spin. And nothing spins forever... theory of something. Fuck why did my science prof have to have chalk on his face every day. I laughed too much and now, now when I need to know something important that I would have learned then do I not know it. Damn me and my small attention span.
  • Options
    Cat always lands on its feet, buttered toast always lands butter side down ;)
  • Options
    Originally posted by Doofay
    Cat always lands on its feet, buttered toast always lands butter side down ;)

ohhhhhhh.... i get ya. i get ya now buddy. ;)
  • Options
    What do you reckon then eh?
  • Options
    Do seagulls really blowup if you give them Alka-Seltzer btw?
  • Options
    Originally posted by Doofay
    What do you reckon then eh?

Still nah dude. The theory of... (see section of above post) something, in laymans terms, what come up must come down. Or maybe not... I'm really thinking of the thing that when something is thrown off like a building it keeps builidng speed until it lands... and now that I think about it I don't think that deals with this question at all. But anyways, it would fall. Everything falls and those are just stupid old wives tales or whatver they are called cuz once i remember I had peanut butter toast and it landed butter side up and I was happy.'
  • Options
    Originally posted by stressedstar
    yep. well, internally, if you watch them they just drop outta the sky

why do they?
  • Options
    Originally posted by Hellfire
    why do they?

Because they have such small stomachs that when the alkali in alka-seltzer or bicarb of soda, reacts with the acid in their stomachs the gas release causes massive internal damage and death. Like if you swallowed liquid nitrogen it would expand rapidly (burning your internal bits) and rupturing your stomach.
  • Options
    Originally posted by stressedstar
    yep. well, internally, if you watch them they just drop outta the sky

K, and will this work with dogs? :lol:
  • Options
    Originally posted by Fiend_85
    Because they have such small stomachs that when the alkali in alka-seltzer or bicarb of soda, reacts with the acid in their stomachs the gas release causes massive internal damage and death. Like if you swallowed liquid nitrogen it would expand rapidly (burning your internal bits) and rupturing your stomach.

Cool... all i gotta do now is find someone dumb enough to drink lyquid nitrogen :D
  • Options
    i hate seagulls. i reckon i've shot around a hundred in the last six months.
  • Options
    Cool... all i gotta do now is find someone dumb enough to drink lyquid nitrogen :D

there's a guy in the Darwin awards who did it. Try looking on their site for the story, he got an honourable mention, cos he managed to survive.

Try feeding pigeons bread coated in bicarb, they die the same way seaguls do.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Fiend_85
    there's a guy in the Darwin awards who did it. Try looking on their site for the story, he got an honourable mention, cos he managed to survive.

Try feeding pigeons bread coated in bicarb, they die the same way seaguls do.

is it the same with any small animal?
  • Options
    is it the same with any small animal?

Erm, probably, but only do it with pests, because otherwise you're a bastard rather than just creating a health risk.
  • Options
    Why can people be so difficult to understand?
  • Options
    Originally posted by morrocan roll
    well there a number of houses over the hill from me!

Surely you mean hice?

Why do anthropologists have to be such waffley cretins? I'm reading 200 pages of wank! :mad:
  • Options
    Originally posted by my_name
    Still nah dude. The theory of... (see section of above post) something, in laymans terms, what come up must come down. Or maybe not... I'm really thinking of the thing that when something is thrown off like a building it keeps builidng speed until it lands... and now that I think about it I don't think that deals with this question at all. But anyways, it would fall. Everything falls and those are just stupid old wives tales or whatver they are called cuz once i remember I had peanut butter toast and it landed butter side up and I was happy.'

Perpetual motion and terminal velocity are the things you're on about.

Drop an object from somewhere upon high and it will eventually stop accelerating, though the speed depends on its air resistance. Possibly include the word coefficient in there somewhere.

Perpetual motion can't happen because of friction - an object will eventually reach a state of rest when it has tranformed potential energy (the spin) into kinetic energy (the act of spinning) into various other sorts of energy that have nothing to do with spinning (heat and noise). However, if you strap a cat to a piece of buttered toast, the energy created by the paradox would be enough to overcome the dissipitation of energy through the movement, so you wouldn't have perpetual motion so much as an infinite supply of energy. Well, at least until the cat died or the bread went mouldy.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Turtle
    However, if you strap a cat to a piece of buttered toast, the energy created by the paradox would be enough to overcome the dissipitation of energy through the movement, so you wouldn't have perpetual motion so much as an infinite supply of energy. Well, at least until the cat died or the bread went mouldy.

I'm sure I said that years ago :chin:
  • Options
    Originally posted by Kermit
    I'm sure I said that years ago :chin:

Merely undiscovered genius. That'll teach you to go to a half-rate uni. :p
  • Options
    OMG Dave where have you been!!!:hyper: :love:
  • Options
    Originally posted by Turtle
    Merely undiscovered genius. That'll teach you to go to a half-rate uni. :p

:p

Still better than yours, bub:p
  • Options
    Originally posted by Kermit
    :p

Still better than yours, bub:p

Wouldn't deny it for a second. Bet you got better essay questions than I did, too.

:banghead:

And hey Zella. I been away, yanno.