Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

reading each others emails

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
do you and your partner read each others emails?

My Partner, last week read my emails without asking me and for some reason i have reacted quite bad to this. I have nothing to hide from him but it made me feel he was checking up on me

Comments

• Options
    Sometimes, if we're expecting an important one.

But generally no.
  • Options
    He can do what he wants, I have nothing to hide. The only time I got annoyed at him for snooping around was when he went in my underwear draw and pulled out my period pants
  • Options
    Although I'd have nothing to hide, I'd still want to keep some of my privacy.

And if my partner would do something like that behind my back I would be a little displeased as it might suggest that he doesn't trust me.
  • Options
    Not really, but if i get an email when he is with me and it was from someone we both know i might read it out to him or something, I don't have any really personal emails or anything so he can read them if he wants to, i would probabaly be a bit annoyed if he did it behind my back though.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Zella
    I got annoyed at him for snooping around was when he went in my underwear draw and pulled out my period pants
    :lol: I dont have period pants... is that weird?
  • Options
    Originally posted by aimz
    :lol: I dont have period pants... is that weird?

I don't either, i've always wondered what people ment by that actually, are they just like your old ones which you don't mind getting ruined if you erm have an accident or something?
  • Options
    It would irritate me, because even if I didn't have anything to hide, and it's unlikely that I would, my friends do, and if he reads private emails to me, he's violating my privacy, but also the privacy and confidence of my friends.
  • Options
    littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    Originally posted by Zella
    He can do what he wants, I have nothing to hide.

:yes:

Besides, I have no interesting emails due to lack of friends and life :p
  • Options
    My parents have like the same email thru the internet provider so they read eachothers... if they know that both can read them and I think thats ok. But going into their personal email and reading them, why? They deserve their privacy, its not anybody's place to go about reading anybody elses emails, especially if you are with them, what happened to the trust issue.
  • Options
    I don't mind having my emails read by someone I'm with, and the same with texts usually-quite open like that but if done behind my back, and I'd have to ask them "Have I got something to hide?! Because if I have...tell me about it!!!". The bloke I'm seeing atm, likes to look through my phone and stuff, hasn't read my emails or anything but like, if I were to pick up his phone and start having a looksy through, like he does with mine, he usually goes 'apeshit' for a few seconds, then I make a point of the double standards, he still likes to be holding his phone to show me his texts...which I find wierd because I'm not checking up on him or anything, I'm just being nosey and am not really bothered either way. Some people are more protective over things like that, so I can understand why it'd piss you off!!

Malt Munk xxx :D
  • Options
    if theres nothing to hide there shouldnt be a problem

but if there is something to hide it can make things bad

I think its ok to read them as long as the other person knows that u do it.

im not makiing much sense
  • Options
    il let my b.f read my emails, if its something to do with the both of us, e.g. from a mutual friend, or something of interest.
    however, id never ever give him my hotmail password. sounds stupid, cos ive got nothing to hide, but my first b.f was a computer geek+i made the mistake of telling him my password. he then went into my account when we broke up, deleted alot of very important emails+sent abusive emails to all my friends and family, about personal things id made the mistake of telling him when we were together.
    i know my current b,f would never do that, but its surprising what people can do when they're angry, and after what happened i cant trust anyone with something so personal (although i wish i could :( )
    We read each other's texts all the time tho, we're just nosey buggers, he he!
    SBG
  • Options
    I wouldn't dream of looking at my boyfriend's emails, in fact the thought has never crossed my mind until now! I'm pretty sure his inbox consists of emails from mates to arrange football training, his uni tutors about work and probably his ex girlfriend (wants him back, yadda yadda yadda *yawn*), and I'm not in the slightest bit tempted to read them - I know he'll tell me what he wants to tell me and the rest is what he deems "not important" which is fine by me.

A couple of weeks ago, I was looking thru his inbox on his mobile (he was sat next to me and could see what I was doing) and there were about ten messages from me and one really old one he'd kept from his ex, which I didn't read (I've got no idea what it was about or what it said). This weekend, I looked again (I'm actually looking to see which msgs from me he has kept - and it's really odd ones too!) and commented that he'd deleted the one from his ex. He seemed surprised I didn't know what it was about - he thought I'd have read it! I honestly have no interest in anything she says, so why should I have read the message?! :confused: There are messages on my phone which I've asked him not to read (I've deleted the no. so there's no name on the msg, just the no. it came from) which are actually from an ex (which he knows) - have only kept them because they make me laugh, but I'd still feel it an invasion of privacy if he was to read them, they're a kind of insight into a person I used to be but aren't anymore...

Anyway, I'm just rambling now! Sorry! :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Well I don't make a habit of reading them, but I know his password in case I need to read an email that automatically goes to that address which I've generated say by ordering something online or something. Apart from that no, I don't read my partner's emails. They're too boring to bother with anyway tbh. He could read mine if he wanted but I suspect the same applies.
  • Options
    I don't really have anything to hide as such, but there's a lot of stuff in my email that could be misinterpreted. So I really wouldn't want anybody reading my email.
    It's like someone opening your letters, or at least going through a pile of your letters. They're personal. They may not contain anything embarassing, but that's not the point. It's like having someone go through your diary.
  • Options
    We check each other's emails all the time if we're bored or whatever... nothing to hide, so who cares?
  • Options
    i started this post because i was upset, the situation is now sorted so im happy :)
    It not the fact i have anything to hide, its just some emails can be interpreted the wrong way, and also some hold personal information that my friends have sent me, the kind of thing maybe they wouldnt want my partner to know.

all in all there is no harm in looking if you ask first, and there is no need to get jelouls if there is stuff from ex's. Just remember you are with them now, not their ex :) make the most of it and be happy