Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Why is it?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Why is it that whenever you get your hopes up about something, and it always seems to be going perfect, and everything's great and all that, it all blows up in your face?!

One of my very bestest best friends by the name of Lewin was supposed to be coming to see us this week, we see him like once in a blue moon. I've seen him TWICE in the last year. But now he can't come.

I'm not angry as such, 'cause it's not his fault, but I'm really upset, because I miss him like hell, and I was so looking forward to seeing him for more than the like, 2 hours I saw him for last time. And now, it's just...I really needed to see him. He's kinda like the person that helps me keep things in perspective, and I couldn't live without him now. I really, really needed to talk to him...like properly. And I need a Lewin-hug :(.

And now I'm all crying and stuff 'cause I miss him so much, and I hate it 'cause I feel like I'm overreacting, and MIH.

Bollocks to it...I cannae explain it right :(.

Franki-Chicken

Comments

• Options
    It happens sometimes, allright. Maybe it would be too high hopes and expectations? I am *not* saying "be pesimistic"(sp?). Jusst saying don't hope for too much, and you'll never be disappointed. You'll even be pleasantly surprised whenever something nice happens. It's all about not taking things for granted and appreciating everything nice around us.
  • Options
    Re: Why is it?
    Originally posted by *x*franki chicken*x*
    Why is it that whenever you get your hopes up about something, and it always seems to be going perfect, and everything's great and all that, it all blows up in your face?!

One of my very bestest best friends by the name of Lewin was supposed to be coming to see us this week, we see him like once in a blue moon. I've seen him TWICE in the last year. But now he can't come.

I'm not angry as such, 'cause it's not his fault, but I'm really upset, because I miss him like hell, and I was so looking forward to seeing him for more than the like, 2 hours I saw him for last time. And now, it's just...I really needed to see him. He's kinda like the person that helps me keep things in perspective, and I couldn't live without him now. I really, really needed to talk to him...like properly. And I need a Lewin-hug :(.

And now I'm all crying and stuff 'cause I miss him so much, and I hate it 'cause I feel like I'm overreacting, and MIH.

Bollocks to it...I cannae explain it right :(.

Franki-Chicken

i know how it feels, but some day you're gonna bump into lewin or find a 20 quid note and your heart will leap for joy, but for now, just stomach it and think about the good times, you'll get over it.
  • Options
    aww *hugs* i sorta know how u feel cos my best girly m8s just gone to uni, so i havent had a best mate for a few months - yeah ive made new m8s,but its not the same!
    apart from seeing this guy,do u keep contact with him, i.e. phone,text,email?
    SBG
  • Options
    He rings me on occasion, and when I have enough credit (and I'm not out of free texts :p) I ring him. But that's rare. I do talk to him on MSN and stuff...but that's not really the same. I miss his hugs :(
  • Options
    how far away do you two live from each other?
    SBG
  • Options
    He lives in Shropshire, the walking distance to the border of Wales part of Shropshire...

I live in Essex.

So he's on the opposite side of the country and up a bit.

Far would be the word I'd use...
  • Options
    Originally posted by *x*franki chicken*x*
    He lives in Shropshire, the walking distance to the border of Wales part of Shropshire...

I live in Essex.

So he's on the opposite side of the country and up a bit.

Far would be the word I'd use...

aww hun, thats stinks! do neither of you drive?? i guess the only thing to do is to try and arrange to see him again soon, but could you not see him for a few days or summat, i dunno, may he could stay at urs/a friends??
    SBG
  • Options
    We're both only 16...so no driving :(

He says he's gonna come down at Christmas...but that's soo far away :(

To give you an idea of JUST how far we're talking here...I made this: