Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Nye.

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Has anyone booked anything yet for either a pub, bar, club, resturant? I'm hearing some of th epubs in town are charging 20 quid per head + taxis are like 40 quid into town and over that past 12am. I was gonna get a taxi this year but I will be broke before I even get out my house.

Comments

• Options
    I haven't booked anything yet. I'm likely to be spending the New Year meeting up with a friend at uni, she's a bit lonely so I might go and keep her some company. Don't know what I'll do with her to welcome in 2005, but I suspect it could be pretty expensive.
  • Options
    I normally stop in with a few mates and a few crates on NYE.

I can't be arsed paying £10 into a pub then standing at the bar for 3 hours to get a fucking drink.
  • Options
    im going to a house party ;D
  • Options
    I never plan anything for Nye then it's not a let down when it all goes tits up ;)

I prefer just having a few mates round anyway. It seems like so much hassle to go out
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    Oh, does "nye" mean new year's eve? I thought it was a stupid word like "nyah" or something.

I don't like thinking about the close future, because I'm afraid of it. I want to hope that I'll be with friends on nye, but I'm afraid I won't have any more than now (0).
  • Options
    Got nowt planned. I'll probably be online, bored to death or something. :P
  • Options
    We'll stay in with some grub and a few bottles. It's warmer, and I don't need a babysitter. Also negates the need to take out second mortgage.
  • Options
    Think I'll be going into Manchester to an indie club, we're pretty lucky because the night buses run untill 3.30am and its only £3 return. So thats travel sorted out.
  • Options
    In the least patronising way, I feel sorry for people who have nothing better to do than stay in at chat to people on MSN at 11.59 on the 31st December.

I will be at one of two recently announced house parties.
  • Options
    Originally posted by the doc horatio
    In the least patronising way, I feel sorry for people who have nothing better to do than stay in at chat to people on MSN at 11.59 on the 31st December.

Yes, it is sad. *sigh*
  • Options
    I dont have any NYE plans as yet, and most likely they wont be big plans when they are finalised.

Having divorced parents makes it that bit harder at xmas and ny... having to split between them, knowing one is going to take the huff if you go with the other.

If just waiting to hear from my mum asking what im doing this year.Ive alreday been asked by my dad.
  • Options
    I might go to the street party. I was supposed to go last year but it was cancelled.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Infinite
    I might go to the street party. I was supposed to go last year but it was cancelled.

I wouldn't bother. It'll probably be raining, freezing and as always, mobbed.
  • Options
    Last years Hogmanay was shite on so many levels, so this year can only be better.

I'd like to see Blondie at the Edinburgh thing, but I'll probably end up just going out up here.
  • Options
    littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    We are going to family for NYE. We are going out for a meal on the 31st and then going back to their house for the bells.
  • Options
  • Options
    I usually just go to a house party for NYE but last year did the Glasgow street party. It was a really good nite, jumping about mental to the Proclaimers after the bells completely wasted was a good laugh. ;)
    This year am either going to the Back to the Future old skool nite at Carling academy or having a house party. I prefer NYE to Xmas cos get to see more of my mates and get pissed where as Xmas is more a family thing.
  • Options
    My calendar says October. Have I overslept again? :eek2:
  • Options
    NYE...er.....sleeping. Mostly.
  • Options
    I'll be in a dark, dirty, sweaty, loud room somewhere in the deep depths of Milton Keynes desperately trying to remember my own name and regain control of my jaw. :D
  • Options
    Originally posted by girl with sharp teeth
    I've never bothered much with New Years Eve. It's just another way to part with your money.

Me either. To me it's Christmas' last gasp and it's a bit of an afterthought really. I'm sick of festivities by then anyway and just want everything to get back to normal.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Miffy
    Me either. To me it's Christmas' last gasp and it's a bit of an afterthought really. I'm sick of festivities by then anyway and just want everything to get back to normal.

:yes:

it seems to be all about getting as drunk as possible. not my thing. my family usually have a huge party, and i go along for something to do, but i wouldn't bother going out anywhere.

last year me and mr. k just chilled out at home. my mum got shitfaced, and rang me at 11.50pm, 12.10, and about 3 in the morning. then again at 11 in the morning to apologise for not ringing me... :chin:
  • Options
    Originally posted by kaffrin
    my mum got shitfaced, and rang me at 11.50pm, 12.10, and about 3 in the morning. then again at 11 in the morning to apologise for not ringing me... :chin:
    :lol:

I quite like new years eve. It's a good excuse to have a decent party with all your mates and sing Auld Lang Syne whilst merrily tipsy.
  • Options
    Originally posted by the doc horatio

For a change, I won't be doing that this year. However, has anyone noticed that December 31st falls on a Friday? That means people will be out partying on Friday night, recovering from their hangovers on Saturday morning and afternoon and going out again on Saturday night! Boy, there are gonna be some sore heads come Monday, January 3rd, 2005!
  • Options
    littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    Originally posted by stargalaxy
    For a change, I won't be doing that this year. However, has anyone noticed that December 31st falls on a Friday? That means people will be out partying on Friday night, recovering from their hangovers on Saturday morning and afternoon and going out again on Saturday night! Boy, there are gonna be some sore heads come Monday, January 3rd, 2005!

Thats what it is normally like in Scotland every year. The 2nd is always a holiday too. So normally you gett pished on the 31st and then you have a New Years Day dance / lots of drunken visitors on the 1st too. So there is alot more action and they need the 2nd off to recover!

The Scots, I think, make a bigger deal out of Hogmanay than the English.
  • Options
    Originally posted by littlemissy

They do, they always have done.

As shown by the fact the 2nd is a public holiday in Scotland too, ya workshy freeloaders.
  • Options
    Originally posted by z0ma
    I'll be in a dark, dirty, sweaty, loud room somewhere in the deep depths of Milton Keynes desperately trying to remember my own name and regain control of my jaw. :D

Sounds good to me....
  • Options
    Originally posted by littlemissy

We do, probably because of religion. Christmas was never a big holiday because of Presbyterianism. New year was the only real holiday. Up until about 30 years ago, Christmas day was just another day.
  • Options
    I'm DJing in the south island:

http://www.thefullcircle.co.nz

Should be wicked! :)
  • Options
    i shall be with my friends like i was last year, yet this year there shall be no break ups, no burning of skin, no crying, with the few friends that i will have left. :( i don't want to think about it. from september 2nd to february the 21st is never a good time for me.