Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Lending stuff out

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Is it me or when you lend people something they seem to just keep it untill you ask for it back? It seems to me people don't think they are obliged to return the item after they finish with it. Annoying it be.

Comments

• Options
    deja vu?
  • Options
    *blinks* has not this thread happened before?
  • Options
    Dunno. Might of done.
  • Options
    Hahaha Kaff. :[] :p
  • Options
    Yep, I never got my copy of final fantasy IX back after 2 years.

I lent a mate dvd's in Jan and she didnt give them back before uni...

the list goes on.
  • Options
    I totally agree. and I dislike it. I on the other hand return it when I am done with it :)
  • Options
    Yes its annoying.
  • Options
    I hate it when people do it. I make sure to give things back when I'm done with them. Unless its money, then when I say, hey, can I borrow x amount of dollars from you, it really means, hey, give me some cash and don't ever expect to see it again.
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    Originally posted by Renzokuken
    Yep, I never got my copy of final fantasy IX back after 2 years.
    Um, that qualifies as theft. I once "lent" someone Zelda: Link's Awakeing, the very original version, quite rare today, and never got it back. So he didn't borrow it, he stole it.
  • Options
    Re: Lending stuff out
    Originally posted by Felix Da Housecat
    Is it me or when you lend people something they seem to just keep it untill you ask for it back? It seems to me people don't think they are obliged to return the item after they finish with it. Annoying it be.

Ask for a returnable deposit !!
  • Options
    I get fed up of that. Especially when you don't get whatever you lent back. I've decided never to lend anything again unless they really really really want something. Then they get one chance to borrow, and return it, in good condition. The number of books, CD's, etc that I've lost or have been damaged by lending is just stupid. Never again.
    That reminds me, there's someone whose got a book of mine (acutally a college work-book folder sort of thing), and it's got some info in it that I need. I tried calling their mobile the other day, but it was off. :mad: I'll try them again tomorrow. Cheers for reminding me.
  • Options
    I don't like borrowing things for too long incase I forget. What I'll normally do is say to them after a week or two 'do you want your game / other borrowed thing back' and they usually say no tbh. Then I will ask whenever I remember! If they say yes I will give it back to them (as long as i remember)