Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Emu.. what?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Ive just gone to play on a game and its said that emulation cd/dvd has been detected and to uninstall it :confused: What on earth is that?

Comments

• Options
    Is it a priated copy?
  • Options
    Re: Emu.. what?
    Originally posted by *TiNK*
    Ive just gone to play on a game and its said that emulation cd/dvd has been detected and to uninstall it :confused: What on earth is that?

Right, you're playing the Sims 2 aren't you? I had exactly the same problem myself, with a perfectly legal copy costing £32.99 from WHS.

Now if I didn't have the answer to this problem, then you need to look up the exact message with Google, or see if the publisher's web site have any mention of this error. In this case, it is thesims2.ea.com. And I am super-kind enough to give a direct link to their problem --> clicky.

Basically, the cause of the problem is that you are using Clone CD or Alcohol 120% (amongst a few others). What you need to do is uninstall any of those programs. Full list given on that page. I happened to have Clone CD (how the hell that ended up on my PC I don't know...!) When I did that, the problem was solved.

Give it a go dude!
  • Options
    Re: Re: Emu.. what?
    Originally posted by Monserrat
    Basically, the cause of the problem is that you are using Clone CD or Alcohol 120% (amongst a few others).

Im using both of them! Lol my brother only installed them today, its a new computer see. He wont be happy, but hey i dont care :p Thanks :D
  • Options
    How do i get onto the alcohol one? What is it again? I dont wana uninstall it and my brother go mad.
  • Options
    Tink, there may be a way of changing a setting in Alcohol without needing to uninstall it. Really, if your brother wants to carry on using Alcohol then he should be helping you out here. If you follow the link I gave in my previous post, there is something you can change in Alcohol. I don't personally know that program so try your best and definitely get your bro onto this if you're stuck because it is equally HIS problem (or more so) since he has installed them in the first place.
  • Options
    He lives in surrey though :( and went home about 3hours ago. Do you know where it is though in the folders or whatnot?
  • Options
    Looking at my link again, go down a few paragraphs until you see 3 screenshots of Alcohol. Looks like you need to open the program. If it resembles what you see in the 1st screenshot, click on the button that is circled in yellow (again from that screenshot). Then there's a couple of things you need to tick/untick shown in the 2nd and 3rd screenshots.

Sorry that I'm of no more help. It's a pain in the arse when it's not your fault in the slightest, even if you did install Alcohol/Clone CD. I felt the same when I had to do it myself a couple of weeks ago.
  • Options
    Its ok :D Its working, i just had to get rid of clone CD, but now the graphics arent right and the colour is wrong and keeps fading :confused: How do i change that?

(thanks btw)
  • Options
    Tink,

This could well be a "bug" in the game that causes it not to work right with your graphics card. If this is the case, you need to find out what graphics card you have and then install their latest driver.

Are all the colours wrong, or only in certain places?

BTW, you're only 3 posts from 4444!
  • Options
    The colours are only wrong in certain places.

Lol 3 posts away now :p