Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

The eX Factor

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Me and my ex split up last May after what was usually a great relationship. The main problem was the old different unis factor. After it happened I was kind of shocked and I always thought I could sort it, especially once we got off for holidays.

We were really in love but things just kinda deteriorated, probably from not seeing as much of eachother as we liked. The thing is I'm still so in love with her all these months on. I'm only really getting my head together now. Its amazing how you only realise what you had until its gone. I know we had something special and now its gone. At the moment we just have infrequent contact, the odd phone call or text but thats it really. I find it really hard to express how I feel and when I try it always comes out wrong and I end up fucking up. I just cant figure out in my head what I want to say to her.

Basically I want to tell her I still love her and I believe we threw something special away for the wrong reasons. Ideally I would love to have her back and really give it a go and try and overcome the uni thing, maybe try things differently, or make more effort to see eachother. Im just not sure if she will want to risk another go and I dont know what to say to express how I feel about her and let her see my way of thinking.

I would hate her to become just another ex because I know she is so much more than that. I know there are plenty more fish in the sea but she is the special fish that I want. I don't want to lose her without a fight. I'm just so crap at expressing myself and I know that what chances I have of salvaging our relationship hang on what I might say to her.