Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Election Map

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Look here

Just though this would be a helpful tool, it's interesting the way things flip back and forth.

Comments

• Options
    Funny how Republicans are shown in red and Democrats in blue. Shurely some mishtake? :D
  • Options
    Originally posted by Aladdin
    Funny how Republicans are shown in red and Democrats in blue. Shurely some mishtake? :D
    no laddin ...the red is blood.
  • Options
    Excellent, most of the swing states are Democrat.

Go Bush!
  • Options
    I still can't see how any foreign national can support Bush.... I do hope he loses.
  • Options
    Matadore does not know what he's saying- he simply believes that as a good old Thatcherite right wing boy it is his duty to support the most right wing candidate available.

But karma is very much likely to bite him on the arse on this one.

It could be he or his children developing severe asthma due to Dubya's refusal to cut down on CO2 emissions.

It could be a relative of him losing their home to unprecedented rising sea levels.

It could be his loved ones being blown up when Britain gets attacked for hosting the Star Wars missile shield listening stations.

It could be he and his friends being unable to find a decent job and slipping under the poverty line due to global recession caused by ever-increasing oil prices because of Bush's imperialistic wars of aggression against the Arab and Muslim world.

Or it could be just about everyone being blown to pieces if Dubya or his protected butcher in the Middle East finally succeed in starting WWIII.
  • Options
    There's nothing wrong with the Star Wars project. That actually would protect the planet, if it were independent, no more long range missles.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Fiend_85
    There's nothing wrong with the Star Wars project. That actually would protect the planet, if it were independent, no more long range missles.

But it won't be independent, it will probably spark off a new arms race and it's estimated that it will have cost $64 Bn by 2015

Bread not bombs........
  • Options
    64bn not really all that much when it comes to the budget of several nations.

And an 'arms race' coming from Green Euro MP and peace campaigner Caroline Lucas warned today. Yeah, really credible opinion...

I studied the original proposal, that would work. And of course you saying 'but it won't be independent' I don't care, I said 'if it were independent' didn't I?
  • Options

I studied the original proposal, that would work. And of course you saying 'but it won't be independent' I don't care, I said 'if it were independent' didn't I?

And if it isn't independent, then how is throwing away billions on it, when 6000 children die every day from lack of access to clean water, justifiable, or 'good for the planet'?

:)
  • Options
    Originally posted by freethepeeps
    And if it isn't independent, then how is throwing away billions on it, when 6000 children die every day from lack of access to clean water, justifiable, or 'good for the planet'?

Perhaps you should try reading some World Bank reports on world aid. It's not how much money goes, and there's enough, it's where it goes and what the qualifications are.
  • Options
    Perhaps you should try reading some World Bank reports on world aid. It's not how much money goes, and there's enough, it's where it goes and what the qualifications are.

It's be like reading the Paedophile Association's guide on "good child rearing practice"

The World Bank are part of the problem ...........
  • Options
    Originally posted by freethepeeps
    It's be like reading the Paedophile Association's guide on "good child rearing practice"

The World Bank are part of the problem ...........

I'm glad you're such an expert. Your response totally fails to surprise me.
  • Options
    The Star Wars project will make the world a far more dangerous place Fiend, rather than the other way around.

After nearly 20 years of peace and a reduction of the nuclear arsenals of the US and Russia, that fucking chimp has succeeded in re-starting a new arms race already. The Russians have already stated that if the project goes ahead they will upgrade their existing missiles to be able to beat the shield. What will they do in effect is to increase the number of heads carried per missile- on the simple principle that the shield won't be able to stop them all even if it works (which most experts say it won't).

The Chinese are not going to fall behind either, so from having a very stable and low-level arsenals we've gone to several nations re-starting their nuclear programmes and talking about increasing the number of warheads in their missiles. Well done Mr fucking Bush! :mad:

The Republican scumbags also forgot to tell us that naturally the shield is completely useless against more mundane methods of delivery- dropped from aircraft, smuggled in a shipping container, contained in a suitcase... the whole thing is a monumental waste of money and time and the only reason it's going ahead is to for the weapons dealers and their Republican chums to line up their pockets with a few more billions.

Like the fucking selfish evil cunts they are.
  • Options
    If I remember correctly the original Star Wars Project was going to be a series of satellites in orbit with high-power lasers designed to trigger missles in flight, as opposed to this new version, which isn't really star wars, just a missle net, which is based on intercepting one missle with another, and all that requires is confusing the tracking missle. Not hard is already done to a certain extent by fighter jets.

My qualifying statement was 'if it were independent' which shouldn't be disregarded, for it to be a successful 'safety net' it's important for it to be an international effort and once in action there to be no central control. So that it cannot be tampered with easily.
  • Options
    It could be he or his children developing severe asthma due to Dubya's refusal to cut down on CO2 emissions.

Rubbish, any effect of that size would take hundreds of years.
    It could be a relative of him losing their home to unprecedented rising sea levels.

Lol, not jsut the Us's fault. Besides, its natural.
    It could be his loved ones being blown up when Britain gets attacked for hosting the Star Wars missile shield listening stations.

No matter how much you want this to happen, it aint.
    ever-increasing oil prices because of Bush's imperialistic wars of aggression against the Arab and Muslim world.

Oil prices were rising anyway.
    The Russians have already stated that if the project goes ahead they will upgrade their existing missiles to be able to beat the shield.

:lol:
    the shield is completely useless against more mundane methods of delivery

Thaats why there are things like the police force, coast guard etc.
  • Options
    I'm glad you're such an expert. Your response totally fails to surprise me.

Heres the story of Ghana, water and the World Bank
    Already, the prospect of privatisation has driven up consumer water costs in Ghana. Recent IMF and World Bank loan conditions mandated a 95 percent hike in water fees in May 2001 and additional price hikes are planned. Although the minimum wage has just been raised to 5,000 cedis a day, this amount can hardly sustain the average family. (One U.S. dollar exchanges for 7,000 cedis.)

The average price for a bucket of water (which used to be 400 cedis) rose to 800 cedis following the May 2001 price hike. Currently about 35 percent of the Ghanaian population lacks access to safe water and 68 percent lack sanitation services. More than 50 percent of the population earns less than US$1 a day and approximately 40 percent fall below the national poverty line. The poorest 20 percent of the population earns 8.4 percent of the national income while the richest 20 percent receive 41.7 percent of the national income.

Ghana certainly isn't the worst case, and the scenario has been repeated all over Africa, Asia and South America.

I'm certainly not an expert, but I do have some interest and some knowledge ............
  • Options
    Well that's facinating isn't it. You wouldn't think that perhaps the World Bank would know all about these conditions, which are actually set by donor countries and then carried out by the World Bank, would you? You wouldn't think that the World Bank would actually be the best place to have a summary of money in and out and how succesful it is would you?
  • Options
    Well that's facinating isn't it. You wouldn't think that perhaps the World Bank would know all about these conditions, which are actually set by donor countries and then carried out by the World Bank, would you? You wouldn't think that the World Bank would actually be the best place to have a summary of money in and out and how succesful it is would you?

Nope!

• Options
    Originally posted by The Matadore
    Rubbish, any effect of that size would take hundreds of years.

Lol, not jsut the Us's fault. Besides, its natural.
    Oh look, another neo-con wearing a tinfoil hat and denying/playing down the effect of global warming.

How original.

No matter how much you want this to happen, it aint..
    Unlike you who reveres and takes pleasure in war and destruction, I do not wish or want for attacks of any kind on anyone to take place.

As for the likeness of it to happen, how do you know exactly it won't? Do you have a magic ball?

Oil prices were rising anyway..
    Don't be ridiculous.

:lol:
    Why don't you do a little bit of research? For a change...

God save the poor Americans if they have to rely on that :lol:
  • Options
    thats a bit weak mat.
    they don't seem to be able to stop billions of quids worth of drugs moving around the world in ships and planes.
    if you wanted to deliver an atomic bomb to london ...ask a drug smuggler.
  • Options
    if you wanted to deliver an atomic bomb to london ...ask a drug smuggler.

A drug smuggler is not insane, I doubt hed want to kill millions of his customers.
  • Options
    A drug smuggler is not insane, I doubt hed want to kill millions of his customers.
    a lot of drug smugglers are terrorists.
  • Options
    A drug smuggler would if the terrorist paid him enough money
  • Options
    seeing as most of the worlds opium and cannabis production is in the hands of islamic nations ...and that most of their terrorist groups finance themselves through the production and shipping of these substances it would be very simple to attack the west with chemical ...bio ...or nuclear weaponry using these established routes and methods.