Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

suspicious

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
i'll probably answer my own question in this,but i just wanted other people's advice:
back in may Chris and I had a bit of a break. I was devestated and we eventually got back together and both swore we'd never be apart again. However,i found out that during our break he'd got off with my best friend. They both swore they'd been blind drunk and i believe them because i've heard them slagging each other off numerous times,before and after. so they're both forgiven and its forgotten.

i stopped talking to my friend a few months back because she was being irrational about my spending time with chris and not her,even though i was always with her. but on tuesday she called and asked to meet me,after two months of not talking to me,shouting abuse at me and slagging me off like nothing else. she kept saying that she had to talk to me,it was important. so we arranged to meet because i was out anyway. but then she cancelled and refused to tell me what the problem was or what it was she had wanted to tell me.

i told chris last night and he went scatty,saying that i mustn't ever talk to her ever again, shes a bad person etc etc.

im assuming she knows something about him or she wants to tell me what happened in may. any further thoughts or what i should do?

cheers mucho xxx

Comments

• Options
    Secrets and lies, never a good combination. It seems that none of you have been completely honest with one another over this. Your friend seems also to be jealous about you spending time with your boyfriend. I reckon she's got a couple of problems herself right now. As for Chris, there must be a reason why he's saying you mustn't talk to her again. Why would he do that if there was nothing to hide?

* On a lighter note, if you and Chris split up, won't you have to change your username?
  • Options
    I'd think that the easiest way to solve this is to put her on the spot and ask her point blank what the fucks going on. It does sound like she's got something on chris otherwise i doubt you would have had the reaction you did off him. Can you either a) ring her or b) go round to her place. Tell her you mean no harm but you're confused/worried about her as you're not sure what's been going on.
  • Options
    yes,if we split up i would have to change my username.the way things are going,i'll have a different name next week.:(

i'd love to call vicky but she wouldn't tell me.lol,also,im under strict instructions from chris not to call her or talk to her,if she calls,don't answer.methinks i'll give him an ultimatum: tell me whats going on or i'll ask vicky.
  • Options
    Originally posted by *chris'_bitch*
    yes,if we split up i would have to change my username.the way things are going,i'll have a different name next week.:(

i'd love to call vicky but she wouldn't tell me.lol,also,im under strict instructions from chris not to call her or talk to her,if she calls,don't answer.methinks i'll give him an ultimatum: tell me whats going on or i'll ask vicky.

Who the hell does he think he is, telling you who you can and cant talk to?
  • Options
    Originally posted by bongbudda
    Who the hell does he think he is, telling you who you can and cant talk to?

my boyfriend :rolleyes:

BUT,as much as it drives me insane,we've been fighting a lot recently,and his return to form last night sorta proves that we're ok (touch wood). is that truly pathetic?
  • Options
    Why would you want to be with someone who orders you about?
  • Options
    i don't know.love's blind,right?
  • Options
    i don't know.love's blind,right?

It shouldnt be that blind.
  • Options
    i know :confused: can you honestly say you've never loved somone regardless of how much of an ass they were? cos he's actually not like that at all.sure,we fight a lot,but he doesn't rule my life.
  • Options
    yeah i totally agree. dont be with someone who orders you about! from what you've said, it sounds like you (ex) mate has something on chris, as in something big. my first idea was that somethings gone on between them more recently than your break in may. and that your mates had a sudden attack of the conscience.

dont bother ringing her, go straight round. and fuck the boyf's attitude, he's the one in the wrong and you're the one who's going to get hurt.
  • Options
    Yeah, of course I have, but you do need to know when to cut it.

Having said that I really know nothing about this Chris bloke, so dont take my advice.
  • Options
    can you honestly say you've never loved somone regardless of how much of an ass they were?

of course i have. but i still left him.

everyone deserves better than that.

i'd personally find out what this girl has to say.
  • Options
    its not that easy to walk away. i really don't think i could.

however,i asked him about the vicky thing and he was all "wtf katie?! i dont want her near us,we've nearly split up countless times over her (v true) and you want to believe that she's accusing me of something?" but i wasn't accusing him of anything,i was just wondering out loud whats going on. sorted it out though,w00p.
  • Options
    its not that easy to walk away. i really don't think i could.

however,i asked him about the vicky thing and he was all "wtf katie?! i dont want her near us,we've nearly split up countless times over her (v true) and you want to believe that she's accusing me of something?" but i wasn't accusing him of anything,i was just wondering out loud whats going on. sorted it out though,w00p.

By 'sorted it out' do you mean 'I backed down completely'?
  • Options
    Not being rude but i'm definitely inclined to go with queenmab's idea and that chris was using the typical swap the guilt routine. You say you love him fair enough i understand the thinking on it. But if he loves you then would let you talk to your mate for your own peace of mind and then afterwards say right let's bury this now and get on with our lives. I'd never ban a partner from talking to someone unless i thought it would lead to violence or something more and then i would beg them but not order them.
  • Options
    generally the answer to that would be 'yes',but i was thinking bout what you said + i challenged him. but he's adament so that's good enough for me.
  • Options
    Well its your relationship, make sure you dont get walked over though.
  • Options
    lol,bit late for that!

cheers anyway though
  • Options
    If someone treats you badly its easy to fall into the trap of thinking that its your fault, then you start to believe that you deserve the bad treatment, then your never going to get an equal relationship.
  • Options
    oh dear :confused: i know it's not my fault and theres no way i desreve this (as i pointed out on wednesday night to him when he ranted about my working cos it prevented him getting in touch with me). but 95% of the time we're great together. we're the couple that people want to be! lol,we're like a single entity,when out friends see one of us they know the other can't be far behind. and he loves me. thats gotta be worth something.
  • Options
    and he loves me. thats gotta be worth something.

*ahem* I agree with the following:
    Originally posted by Carolina
    But if he loves you then would let you talk to your mate for your own peace of mind and then afterwards say right let's bury this now and get on with our lives.
  • Options
    i think he sounds reeaaaaaally guilty about something.
    Why did your mate want to speak to you urgently all of a sudden.
    I think it sounds like something has gone on with them more recently than you think.
    I hope im wrong though for your sake.
    Dont let him make you feel bad for not trusting him about it though, only trust someone who hasnt betrayed your trust before.
  • Options
    we're the couple that people want to be! lol,we're like a single entity,when out friends see one of us they know the other can't be far behind. and he loves me. thats gotta be worth something.

That was the same with me and Jas, but look what happened! :rolleyes:
  • Options
    but 95% of the time we're great together. we're the couple that people want to be!

that 95% means nothing if 5% of the time he treats you like shit.

my boyfriend respects me 100% of the time. that doesn't mean that we always see eye to eye, cause we're both only human. but he has never, and i hope would never treat me as badly as you have been treated. and it might only be 5% of the time, but it's still too much.

you deserve better. everyone does.