Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

weather ...who needs it.

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
i have been rained off for most of today ...the forecast is more friggin rain and wind and possible flooding ...meaning i'll be stuck in again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
i do have a trip to colwyn bay though tommorow no matter what.
i'm getting pissed off with all this rain.

Comments

• Options
    Colwyn Bay. In the rain.

*hug*
  • Options
    Originally posted by Kermit
    Colwyn Bay. In the rain.

*hug*
    thats the first time i ever got a hug in this place!
    i love you ...marry me?
  • Options
    get in the queueueueueueue... arse how does one spell that word?.
  • Options
    I've had enough of the cold air and wind. Especially the wind. I've had enough of working at least three days a week in a cold draughty barn. I've had enough of the weather too. :( Still, looks like it'll be no more than two more weeks in that barn, and then I'm free to get some proper job hunting done.
  • Options
    Originally posted by morrocan roll
    thats the first time i ever got a hug in this place!
    i love you ...marry me?

There's quite a queue now.

Gosh, the diovorce lawyers will be happy!
  • Options
    Originally posted by Mr_Wobble
    I've had enough of the cold air and wind. Especially the wind. I've had enough of working at least three days a week in a cold draughty barn. I've had enough of the weather too. :( Still, looks like it'll be no more than two more weeks in that barn, and then I'm free to get some proper job hunting done.
    you work in a barn wobble!
    i thought you were a city boy?
  • Options
    Rain, I hate it
  • Options
    you work in a barn wobble!
    i thought you were a city boy?
    Actually, I'm a genetically enhanced intelligent sheep and live in a barn, but to placate me they allow access to the net for a few hours a day. The rest of the day I just eat grass and go "Baaaa" :D

I work in a call centre for a few days a week, but I'm rebuiding an Isuzu Trooper for someone at the moment. Had to do a chassis swap due to rust, then found the apparently sound body (so I was told) was riddled with rust too. :( Should finish the welding next week, drop the body on, then it's just a case of hooking everything up and it's done!
    I'll be glad to see the back of it. I didn't count on having to do welding too. I can weld, but I'm slow at it, and hate getting burnt by sparks and splatters of molten metal. :( And it's freezing cold now, so I'm always cold, and miserable. :(
    I'll bung a few pics on my website for people to look at once it's done.
  • Options
    I hope it rains tomorrow night like it did today! Then I can finish work early :D
  • Options
    no rain, rain bad. rain make me not happy. :(
  • Options
  • Options

I work in a call centre for a few days a week, but I'm rebuiding an Isuzu Trooper for someone at the moment. Had to do a chassis swap due to rust, then found the apparently sound body (so I was told) was riddled with rust too. :( Should finish the welding next week, drop the body on, then it's just a case of hooking everything up and it's done!
    I'll be glad to see the back of it. I didn't count on having to do welding too. I can weld, but I'm slow at it, and hate getting burnt by sparks and splatters of molten metal. :( And it's freezing cold now, so I'm always cold, and miserable. :(
    I'll bung a few pics on my website for people to look at once it's done.
    wow wobble you do surprise me!
    i've just aquired a ten year old vauxhall frontera that apparently shares isuzu parts.
    this thing is imaculate for its age but ...renewed the brake master cylinder ...with a brand new one which cost 50 quid last week and the fucking thing was faulty ...getting another one today ...two hundred quid!
    big fat chunky tyres ...fifteens ...looks like i can get them for thirty five quid a time.
    do give me a link tothe pics when your ready i'm interested.
  • Options
    well ...i got to colwyn bay ...with the help of a cuddle from kermit ...only to find i had to go on to llanfairfechan ...i had to leave my trailer there ...in three foot of water and fucking mud!
    floods arrtggghhhh!
  • Options
    Hasn't rained once today round 'ere :p
  • Options
    Hasn't really rained here. Though it's been bloody freezing. I've had the heating on constantly today cause my cold is getting worse :(
  • Options
    i've just aquired a ten year old vauxhall frontera that apparently shares isuzu parts.
    this thing is imaculate for its age but ...renewed the brake master cylinder ...with a brand new one which cost 50 quid last week and the fucking thing was faulty ...getting another one today ...two hundred quid!
    big fat chunky tyres ...fifteens ...looks like i can get them for thirty five quid a time.
    I'm full of surprises. :) First time I've done major work on a 4x4, so it's a learning curve. The chassis only needs rear brake pads, and the wheels putting on, and the chassis is complete.
    I've noticed that the brake parts I've been buying are labeled "Trooper/Frontera" and looked under a Frontera. Surprise surprise, I found myself looking at something that was very familiar. I've suspected they're identical since then. I've been wondering exactly how identical they are, and if Frontera part prices may be cheaper from Vauxhaul, yet fit the Trooper. And have you found any suppliers of inexpensive parts for Fronteras/Troopers? I'm trying to find a better price thatn £36 for a set of rear brake pads (all round discs as it's a 2.8 Turbo Diesel).

Here's a pic from about five weeks ago.
  • Options
    And here's another. No, that's not me in the picture, as I'm the one taking the picture (duh). The picture is dying for a caption though. :)
  • Options
    It's been raining her all day! As a result, the garden's completely waterlogged, and the Alsatian's inside the house bored and wanting to play. Bloody rain!
  • Options
    labeled "Trooper/Frontera" and looked under a Frontera. Surprise surprise, I found myself looking at something that was very familiar. I've suspected they're identical since then. I've been wondering exactly how identical they are, and if Frontera part prices may be cheaper from Vauxhaul, yet fit the Trooper. And have you found any suppliers of inexpensive parts for Fronteras/Troopers? I'm trying to find a better price thatn £36 for a set of rear brake pads (all round discs as it's a 2.8 Turbo Diesel).

bpoissed b..gt bsck to yu
  • Options
    bpoissed b..gt bsck to yu

eeeee i dont know, just canny take the pace eh :p
  • Options
    I'm full of surprises. :) First time I've done major work on a 4x4, so it's a learning curve. The chassis only needs rear brake pads, and the wheels putting on, and the chassis is complete.
    I've noticed that the brake parts I've been buying are labeled "Trooper/Frontera" and looked under a Frontera. Surprise surprise, I found myself looking at something that was very familiar. I've suspected they're identical since then. I've been wondering exactly how identical they are, and if Frontera part prices may be cheaper from Vauxhaul, yet fit the Trooper. And have you found any suppliers of inexpensive parts for Fronteras/Troopers? I'm trying to find a better price thatn £36 for a set of rear brake pads (all round discs as it's a 2.8 Turbo Diesel).

for gods sake avoid the actual manufacturers/dealerships for parts!
    master brake cylinder from vauxhall with the vat is three hundred and fifty quid!
    do you have partco near you?
    or euro mota parts?
    look in yellow pages for parts supplers ...loads cheaper than dealers.
    look on the net.
    break pads from partco i think are fifteen quid.
  • Options
    for gods sake avoid the actual manufacturers/dealerships for parts!
    do you have partco near you?
    or euro mota parts?
    look in yellow pages for parts supplers ...loads cheaper than dealers.
    look on the net.
    break pads from partco i think are fifteen quid.
    No way do I ever go to dealers, unless it's a part I truly can't get from anybody else. :no:

For my own car (VW Jetta), I use gsfcarparts. Earlier this year I got a pair of front discs, set of brake pads, and two flexible brake hoses all for about £36 inc VAT! :hyper:

I've just used yell.co.uk and we do have a Partco here! Yay Roll! Cheers! I'll give them a call on Monday. :thumb: :)