Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Palestian school girl 'riddled with bullets' and 'noone is to blame'

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Story

Truely truely sick :mad: Yet more mindless killing of innocents by the Israelis. This killing has to end.

Comments

• Options
    So tired of this. I know it sounds totally heartless, but the dicussions on here go nowhere. Neither side is in the right, they're both accountable for the deaths of hundreds. It's not a question of reparations anymore, but of grace and forgiveness, there's no other way forward.
  • Options
    I know it isn't simple and I'm probably thinking wishfully but why is it so hard to have a cease fire? Or just stop attacks. One attacks one, the other retaliates, the other side retaliates and so on and so on. Is it really so hard to stop.
  • Options
    Neither religion (judaism or islam), which while not being the whole conflict have a great affect on the community mentality, have a culture of forgiveness. Also, while one person or many individuals on either side of the divide may be able to forgive and let go, states and nations don't have that kind of freedom.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Fiend_85
    So tired of this. I know it sounds totally heartless, but the dicussions on here go nowhere. Neither side is in the right, they're both accountable for the deaths of hundreds. It's not a question of reparations anymore, but of grace and forgiveness, there's no other way forward.

I agree with you 100% on that Fiend, the argument about this goes nowhere, both sides have blood on their hands, and as more innocent people die it just seems like it is never going to end. Sometimes i honestly think that the only solution is to bomb the place/.
  • Options
    No, the solution is adopt a firm position on Israel.

The Israelis have done things that would have had any other country in the world isolated, bombed and invaded 100 times over.

Invading and bombing is never the answer though; but complete international isolation, the strongest possible economic sanctions and a total end to military support and all aid would most probably do the trick.

Because let's not forget that although both sides have blood in their hands, there is only one side here that is an illegal invader and oppressor in breach of countless UN resolutions and international laws.

The solution to this conflict is actually very clear and easy to achieve- if the illegal occupier were to (or were made to) fulfill its obligations and get the flying fuck back to its country once and for all.
  • Options
    Neither side is in the right, they're both accountable for the deaths of hundreds.
    Originally posted by RenzokukenIs it really so hard to stop.
    Originally posted by Dolly Daggerboth sides have blood on their hands

Well, I'm delighted to see that the Palestinians have finally started taking Israeli land, got themselves a powerful army and started building a wall and settlements on Israeli land ..... cos otherwise I'd think you caring people had been hoodwinked into leaving an occupied and brutalised peoples at the hands of the 4th most powerful army in the world, backed up by the world's number one bully state.

And that, dear people, is a nasty thing to do.

If you can snap yourselves out of your moral torpor for just long enough to read a fairly short article, I'd suggest this one

The Problem with Neutrality Between Palestinians and Israel

And Renzokuken, of course the Palestinians can stop resisting. Black South Africans could have too. So could the people of most of the countries in Africa, Asia and South America.

Being totally dominated by another people on your own land is ever so 18th Century doncha think?

:)
  • Options
    Originally posted by freethepeeps
    Well, I'm delighted to see that the Palestinians have finally started taking Israeli land, got themselves a powerful army and started building a wall and settlements on Israeli land ..... cos otherwise I'd think you caring people had been hoodwinked into leaving an occupied and brutalised peoples at the hands of the 4th most powerful army in the world, backed up by the world's number one bully state.

So Israeli deaths are perfectly acceptable then, just because Israel is the power in charge?

Being totally dominated by another people on your own land is ever so 18th Century doncha think?

On their own land?

Remind me again when, if ever, Palestine has been a bona fide country?

Oh, that'd be never.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Kermit
    So Israeli deaths are perfectly acceptable then, just because Israel is the power in charge?

Erm, I don't believe I said that ........... and the answer, rather unsurprisingly is no!

On their own land?

Remind me again when, if ever, Palestine has been a bona fide country?

Oh, that'd be never.

I think I understand what you're saying. It's impossible for people to have ownership of land if they didn't have a nice European stylee nation state when the colonials arrived.

Thing is kermit old chap, the nice men from the Ottoman outfit wouldn't allow it either.

I think you might find that quite a few countries that gained independence from their colonial masters didn't have nation states when the massahs arrived - but don't let that get in the way of the zionist bullshit you're offering us.

• Options
    The thing that annoys me about this is the fact that the commander who did this has gotten of without charge.
    This week an army investigation cleared the unit's commander after some of his own soldiers accused him of giving the order to shoot knowing the target was a young girl, and of then emptying the clip of his automatic rifle into her.
    The company commander approached her, shot two bullets into her, walked back towards the force, turned back to her, switched his weapon to automatic and emptied his entire magazine into her. We were in shock. We couldn't believe what he was doing. Our hearts ached for her. Just a girl of 13," a soldier told the newspaper.

If there to be peace in Palestine and Israel then actions such as need to be dealt with fairly and lawfully.

The Commander should be charged with murder.
  • Options
    I don't go in for the "land without a people" bullshit, because it is patently not true.

But just because there is a defined people there doesn't mean that they are entitled to a state, to be quite fair.

I have a lot of sympathy with the Palestinian position because of the oppression, but the fact does remain that if Israel had not been attacked in 1967 then Israel wouldn't be there. If Israel didn't get bombed every two weeks then Israel wouldn't need to be so oppressive.

The Palestinians cannot claim any moral high ground because they have less regard for life than even the IDF. At least the IDF sets its boundaries out, however onerous they may be; the Palestinians just blow up buses full of schoolkids without any warning at all.
  • Options
    Originally posted by marv
    If there to be peace in Palestine and Israel then actions such as need to be dealt with fairly and lawfully.

The Commander should be charged with murder.

Definitely.

The IDF hide behind legal justifications for their actions, and their actions are rarely, if ever, legally or morally justified.

If this girl went into the prohibited area and it was not clear who or what she was then she should have been shot. First rule of combat, that. But it appears, as always, that the IDF knew what she was, and did it anyway.

The girl is marginally culpable though. She shouldn't have entered the area.

What I find much more disgusting is the case of the girl who was shot whilst at her desk in a UN-controlled and UN-designated school building.
  • Options
    , but the fact does remain that if Israel had not been attacked in 1967 then Israel wouldn't be there.

You take care with them facts now hear?

"Menahem Begin had the following remarks to make: 'In June 1967, we again had a choice. The Egyptian Army concentrations in the Sinai approaches do not prove that Nasser was really about to attack us. We must be honest with ourselves. We decided to attack him"

Source
    If Israel didn't get bombed every two weeks then Israel wouldn't need to be so oppressive.

Can you take away 67 from 94 kermit? Cos thats how many years the Israelis continued to oppress without any suicide bombings ............... and it isn't every 2 weeks.

As the article was a bit long for you - heres a nice visual site - look at all the names of the kids who've died this year. The full column will be the Palestinians, and the virtually empty one the Israelis.

Remember these children

The Palestinians cannot claim any moral high ground because they have less regard for life than even the IDF. At least the IDF sets its boundaries out, however onerous they may be; the Palestinians just blow up buses full of schoolkids without any warning at all.

Oh me, oh my ........... <sigh>

I refer you back to the "remember these children" website above

2004: Israelis 11 / Palestinians 143

Whole Intifada: Israelis 117 / Palestinians 643

You do realise that you're regurgitating zionist lies without any kind of intelligent processing whatsoever, no?

Also, if you're going to make claims on behalf of the Palestinians, hows about guesstimating the percentage of the population who have taken part in armed resistance.

Follow your line and we can say that all Brits are fascists who attack black people, because some Brits are fascists who attack black people.

Innit?
  • Options
    Palestine, circa 1940:

british_mandate_300.gif

Looks real enough to me...
  • Options
    Gosh, all those words and you could have just gone
    Palestine good, Israel bad.

:rolleyes:

Israel are in power so they are the ones who can change the situation in the Middle East. The far-right Likhud administration are deeply distasteful, and I have little or no support for them.

As I've said before, ooh, 90million times. Just ask Jacq.

But the Palestinians are not blameless in any stretch of the imagination. They are without the power so they will find it hardder to bring peace about, but not blowing up people might suddenly allow a lot more people to sympathise with their position.
  • Options
    Gosh, all those words and you could have just gone

:rolleyes:

Israel are in power so they are the ones who can change the situation in the Middle East. The far-right Likhud administration are deeply distasteful, and I have little or no support for them.

As I've said before, ooh, 90million times. Just ask Jacq.

But the Palestinians are not blameless in any stretch of the imagination. They are without the power so they will find it hardder to bring peace about, but not blowing up people might suddenly allow a lot more people to sympathise with their position.

There are soime very nasty Palestinians and there are some very nice Israelis - Good/Bad dichotomies do nothing for me

But its nice to know that you know how an occupied, brutalised people should behave while everyone else in the world wrings their hands...........

At the end of the day though, the same people who sit here sighing thats its all so boring, are the reason that it goes on......

TWELVE
  • Options

This i agree with the Isreali government are the ones who have to make the first move in the peace process as their as Kermit mentions have the power in the area.

I have to say dont agree with this though. Yes the Palestinian are not blameless, but it is the terrorists who are causing the sucide bombings and i dont believe that all Palestinians support these extermists. More should be done to bring these terrorist groups to justice as killing of anyone is a horrible crime.

Have to go to work so cant write a better reply which is annoying
    :mad:
  • Options
    But its nice to know that you know how an occupied, brutalised people should behave while everyone else in the world wrings their hands...........

It's amazingly obvious how they should behave.

Unless you think that suicide bombings are perfectly acceptable, and that Hamas are only doiong what they must.

One man's freedom fighter is another man's terrorist, really.

At the end of the day though, the same people who sit here sighing thats its all so boring, are the reason that it goes on.

Both sides are just as bad as each other.

Give Hamas some F15s and Israel will be rubble within a week.

Reverse the tables and the Likhudniks will be using suicide bombers within two.

There's a conflict there that I seriously doubt can ever be truly resolved, in all honesty. Israel are in a better position to try and solve it, though.
  • Options
    Just look at it like this:

If tomorrow suddenly all hostilities ended and there were no more killings on either side, what would we have?

Would we have two sovereign nations who have ceased hostilties and gone back to mind their own businesses?

Or would we have a sovereign nation continuing the 4 decade-old illegal occupation of other people's land, together with an Apartheid Wall and hundreds of illegal settlements?

So other than putting a stop to shooting a child 5 times in the head on a regular basis, what are Palestinians exactly are to gain from the present situation?

Because the Israelis have never, not once, offered to fully withdraw from Palestinian land.
  • Options
    It's amazingly obvious how they should behave.

Unless you think that suicide bombings are perfectly acceptable, and that Hamas are only doiong what they must.

One man's freedom fighter is another man's terrorist, really.

It doesn't, at the end of the day, matter what you or I think about the tactic of suicide bombings - Hamas is not claiming to be "the only democracy in the Middle East", and nor is it claiming to be "the most moral army in the world" - and, by far the majority of Hamas's activities revolve around providing a safety net for the poorest of the Palestinians.

As long as the west hangs around claiming moral superiority whilst murdering MILLIONS, then we are not actually in any position to make judgements on the actions of oppressed people.

Both sides are just as bad as each other.

Give Hamas some F15s and Israel will be rubble within a week.

Reverse the tables and the Likhudniks will be using suicide bombers within two.

There's a conflict there that I seriously doubt can ever be truly resolved, in all honesty. Israel are in a better position to try and solve it, though.

The answer to how it gets resolved is extremely simple - withdrawal of financial and military aid for Israel, and the imposition of sanctions - until Israel, as a signatory to the Geneva Convention honours its responsibilities under the conventions, and until the state of Israel as a member of the UN, fulfils the obligations of all the outstanding resolutions.

You'd be amazed how quickly the Israelis would come round to seeing that peaceful co-existence in a secular democracy is the way forward for all the people of Palestine and Israel.
  • Options
    This thread started with such potential, then freethepeeps walked in. Nevermind eh? It's going to go down the pointless toilet just like every other israel/palestine thread.
  • Options
    Patent bollocks
    This thread started with such potential, then freethepeeps walked in. Nevermind eh? It's going to go down the pointless toilet just like every other israel/palestine thread.
    Neither side is in the right, they're both accountable for the deaths of hundreds.
    Originally posted by RenzokukenIs it really so hard to stop.
    Originally posted by Dolly Daggerboth sides have blood on their hands

You still trying to get the newbies into line

:D
  • Options
    Point made.
  • Options
    The seargant from Abu Ghraib just got 8 years

The Thomas Hurndall Foundation has managed to get an Israeli soldier into court over Tom Hurndall's death.

With a bit of luck, a case will be brought against an Israeli soldier outside of Israel for war crimes soon.

When soldiers start going down for "doing their job", then hopefully more soldiers will either refuse to serve, or will, at least refuse to participate in war crimes.

;)

Edited to add Blog Entry, which looks at the Imam case in some detail - there is still an ongoing military police investigation taking place.
  • Options
    Now, I am not engaging in this discussion.
    But would just like to point out that one of my classmates last night said that he was "impressed by how rational and pragmatic" I was about this whole conflict.
  • Options
    Erm, I don't believe I said that ........... and the answer, rather unsurprisingly is no!

I think I understand what you're saying. It's impossible for people to have ownership of land if they didn't have a nice European stylee nation state when the colonials arrived.

Thing is kermit old chap, the nice men from the Ottoman outfit wouldn't allow it either.

I think you might find that quite a few countries that gained independence from their colonial masters didn't have nation states when the massahs arrived - but don't let that get in the way of the zionist bullshit you're offering us.

Ooh, toosh... :)

Didn't there used to be a 'Freethepeeps' on U75, or am I getting mixed up?
  • Options
    Originally posted by J
    Like some kind of two headed beast rising up!

Scary, no? What happens next J?
  • Options
    Originally posted by Jacqueline the Ripper
    Now, I am not engaging in this discussion.
    That's a shame, what with you being so rational and pragmatic and all.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Uncle Joe
    That's a shame, what with you being so rational and pragmatic and all.

I knew it would raise some eyebrows here :D
  • Options
    Originally posted by Uncle Joe
    Ooh, toosh... :)

I'm so glad that you wholeheartedly support my point of view

:D

Didn't there used to be a 'Freethepeeps' on U75, or am I getting mixed up?

"Palestian school girl 'riddled with bullets' and 'noone is to blame'"

I think you'll find that's the subject of the thread.........

• Options
    I think that's an unfair generalisation. It's not 'the Palestinians' blowing up buses, any more than it's the 'Israelis' levelling Palestinian homes. There are extremists on both sides. The difference is that the Palestinians have very little say about how Hamas behave, whereas Israelis citizens could vote out the land-grabbers, in favour of a government who actually want peace.

Blaming suicide bombings on 'the Palestinians' helps to cover the fact that there are plenty of non-violent people in the West Bank, some of whom will become bombers as family members are killed by the Israeli Defence Force. Not everyone picks up a bomb, but enough do to keep the process going. Is it the fault of 'the Palestinians' that they're being so heavily victimised by the IDF?