Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

work sucks man

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
So I was watching this very interesting movie last night and heard the most true quote ever... So I was sitting in my cubicle today, and I realized, ever since I started working, every single day of my life has been worse than the day before it. So that means that every single day that you see me, that's on the worst day of my life. Anybody else agree with it? I know I do. The other night I went on about a 5 minute rant about how everybody has their own personal hell. Something that they would never ever do and it discusts them or they would hate it so much that they would never even consider doing it... well my personal hell is work. And I am going to have to work for the rest of my fucknig life. Every day, every year until the day I fucking die. Theres no hope. Quite frankly I'm surprised I havn't killed myself yet.

Comments

• Options
    Nice.

Change jobs. Do something you enjoy. Life's too short for this.
  • Options
    Is there an adult Ed college you could go to and re-train to do something else?

I'm trying to move job sectors myself, but tis hard unless you have the 'face that fits'.
  • Options
    I've had 9 completly different jobs in 3 years and they all suck equally. Even when I go to school and get a career in a field that I would once assume that I enjoy, it will suck. I will have to do it every day. I will have to wake up day after day to do what I supposidly wanted to do. And the worst part, I'm too much of a loser and a slacker to even go back to school currently so that means my minimum wage shit jobs are for a long time to come.

Now pardon me but that time of morning has come and I am headed off to die a little more inside that I did yesterday. That is if I can even make it there because I am poor and I have no gas in my car. Maybe if I don't make it there and fuck out on 3 of 5 days at work they will fire me and I can move on to lucky number 10.
  • Options
    :( i thought this was gonna be some humourous news article

'Work Sucks Man: an exclusive story where an office became a vacuum and sucked a man inside!!!

anywho, just take each day at a time............while searching for something you want to do!!! that's what i'm currently doing :)
  • Options
    Originally posted by welsh_mosher
    :( i thought this was gonna be some humourous news article

)

No just real life,
  • Options
    work is the curse of the drinking classes.
  • Options
    Never work in Tescos, I had a woman rant at me for about 10 minutes because she'd picked up the wrong jam.
  • Options
    This isn't a good state at all. Life's been pretty bad for me in the last few months, but I think you could change jobs. Do something that's ultimately more rewarding for you. And if you feel suicidal, keep talking to us. There are some very good people here you can talk to about it.
  • Options
    Originally posted by stargalaxy
    This isn't a good state at all. Life's been pretty bad for me in the last few months, but I think you could change jobs. Do something that's ultimately more rewarding for you. And if you feel suicidal, keep talking to us. There are some very good people here you can talk to about it.

Dude! You did it again, can you actually not post in anything without saying how rubbish your life is?!
  • Options
    Originally posted by Fiend_85
    Dude! You did it again, can you actually not post in anything without saying how rubbish your life is?!

I mentioned myself in passing reference. I made suggestions for what he *my_name* could do, that is all.
  • Options
    I mentioned myself in passing reference. I made suggestions for what he *my_name* could do, that is all.

Can you not have just made the suggestions without saying anything about yourself. You do it all the time.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Fiend_85
    Can you not have just made the suggestions without saying anything about yourself. You do it all the time.
    It's a bad habit.
  • Options
    Originally posted by J
    Try 21 jobs in 6 years.

I've come to realise that work is either a means to an end, to provide money for doing things you actualy like doing, or something that you enjoy because of the challenge it presents.

:yes: I work to live, not live to work and doing 52 hours on minimum wage has reminded me that I REALLY gotta get out of bar work and in to a field that I can use my brain... Oh and out of Wrexham.

But then I'm friendly with the staff so it's not as bad.
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    I'm workign at Gatwick at the moment and quite happy.
    Skiving whilst my assistant does all the work.
    I'm not looking forward to the drive home however.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    he's a she.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Skive
    I'm workign at Gatwick at the moment and quite happy.
    Skiving whilst my assistant does all the work.
    I'm not looking forward to the drive home however.

Ohh what are you doing at LGW- I am jealous of you and all those aeroplanes
  • Options
    Originally posted by Wyetry
    Ohh what are you doing at LGW- I am jealous of you and all those aeroplanes

I'm not actaully working in the airport.
    I'm installing a video on demand and digital TV system at Gatwick Travelodge.
    It involves runnign around the hotel with a fearsome amount of kit.

Edited to add that if I go up on the roof by the arial I can see planes landing/taking off from the runway only 200 meters away. VERY LOUD. If I only had a stinger missile.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    I know the travel logde - some of the rooms you can sit on the end of the bed and watch the planes take off - you have to request them to get them on check in.

I am still jealous of your plane proximity.

xx
  • Options
    Originally posted by Wyetry
    I am still jealous of your plane proximity.

Are you one of those plane spotter types?
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    i too was awoken yesterday to the thoughts of my job being utter shite.

then i realised i just hate people (i work in retail, you guess?), it's gotten to the point where only a few customers per day are even halfway polite...

long story short i had a guy come in and i tried to sort his problem, he left fine then came back later with an old woman who then proceeded to scream at me and tell me what i'd said to the guy (how the fuck would she know?) and whenever i tried to say something the rude old fucker would cut me off... if ever there was a time i wished zeus would hurl a fucking lightning bolt at someone it was then.

what was it? "treat people as you'd like to be treated yourself" ?

anyway, today i had a little foreign guy come in and ask for several items, after i'd given him the stuff he asked for he'd say 'thank you' many times... he made me smile and realise not quite everyone is a twat just yet.
  • Options
    I've never had any job in my life. I've never needed any money, I never went out as a teenager, never wanted to buy anything. I'm falling into total despair, thinking I've got no chance of ever having any job. :(
  • Options
    I've never had any job in my life. I've never needed any money, I never went out as a teenager, never wanted to buy anything. I'm falling into total despair, thinking I've got no chance of ever having any job. :(

im the total opposite of that.
  • Options
    Originally posted by dave_oliver
    im the total opposite of that.

By total opposite, are you saying you've had loads of jobs, you've got loads of money, and think the world is your oyster?
  • Options
    By total opposite, are you saying you've had loads of jobs, you've got loads of money, and think the world is your oyster?

Ive always worked. I've always needed money, I was always out as a teenager and awlays wanted to buy things. Im really happy right now, and work is really great.

Thats what I mean :)
  • Options
    Ive always worked. I've always needed money, I was always out as a teenager and awlays wanted to buy things. Im really happy right now, and work is really great. Thats what I mean :)
    Hope you have a nice life.
  • Options
    I'm getting there
  • Options
    I'm getting there

Well, I'm trying to get something. I want to take a job for a few months, then go off to university, and probably get a job when I'm there too. But not having worked before, I sometimes think that means I've no chance at all.
  • Options
    I've never had any job in my life. I've never needed any money, :(
    thats a bad upbrinin' ...your parents should be reported to the crueltyu people.
  • Options
    Well, I'm trying to get something. I want to take a job for a few months, then go off to university, and probably get a job when I'm there too. But not having worked before, I sometimes think that means I've no chance at all.

You just have to be lucky enough to find a job your good at and you enjoy, when you do your sorted.
  • Options
    Originally posted by morrocan roll
    thats a bad upbrinin' ...your parents should be reported to the crueltyu people.

:mad: No, no, NO! I have very good parents, thank you! I meant that I never went out, because I had no friends and never needed any money for that reason. When I got money at Christmas and for birthday, I hardly ever spent any of it.