Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Kids and weed

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Does/has anyone on here brought up a child and continued to smoke moderate/light amounts of weed?

Comments

• Options
    Nope.

But I did know mates whose parents smoked every now and then. They kept it quiet untill the kids were about 16 ish and even then they very very rarely did it.

Personally I cant stand parents who some tobacco, I think its a horrible thing to do, its not only damaging to the kid but also makes it FAR more likely the kid will take it up.

I would say the occasional bifta probably isnt any better or worse than a parent who has a drink every now and then.

Do NOT subject them to your smoke though.
  • Options
    er my mum and dad did. My mum gave up smoking years ago, but my dad still smokes and grows his own. I know lots of people that smoke weed and have children, although most dont smoke in front of the children, its either when the kids are in bed, or standing at the back door.
  • Options
    me.
  • Options
    my friends ma tokes the bit out.
  • Options
    Originally posted by rachie004
    I don't agree with smoking normal cigarettes around children. If it's away from them then fine.

I don't think smoking weed or cannabis is any better/worse around children.. it's still got tobacco in it

unless subjected to an environment where smoke is everywhere, passive smoking isn't going to do that much damage tbh, and i don't see why you should quit if you are a parent, how many parents still drink, don't thy have the same responsibilities, yet you'll often hear people calling other parents uncaring if they know they smoke cannabis when they have children, i don't like double standards.
  • Options
    when i was a kid back in the black and white days just about every adult we encountered smoked tobacco ...not many of us seem to have suffered.
    i'd rather parents toke too much than drink too much.
  • Options
    but if the parents are smoking around their kids? surely they're going to suffer for it?
    well us old folk were subjected to much more of it way back when and most of us will be drawing our pensions.
  • Options
    Yea i know someone who smokes dope and has a child, she was a teenage mum and smokes the bit out, dosen't smoke ganga though in front of her.
  • Options
    The issue of second hand smoke is really only one of the reasons you shouldnt smoke when you have kids.

The main one is that the biggest factor in you smoking is if your parents or older sibling smokes. Therefore you shouldnt smoke because it makes your kid far more likely to smoke.
  • Options
    Therefore you shouldnt smoke because it makes your kid far more likely to smoke

Would definately tend to agree. The only thing i would say, is that kids (from about 12+ i would suggest, but i dont really have much basis for that inference) are extremely wiley and WILL catch you out if you are not extremely schnide about it.

My advice would be to try and cut down, although i know someone who has 2 kids (16 and 4), says her evening spliff keeps her sane (dependance anyone :confused::D ).
  • Options
    Oh, certainly, your kids will know if you smoke, even if you think you're being smart and sneeky about it.

Its a really bad example to give them.

Its not like smoking even gives anything in return for the health risks and cost. Where the fuck is the high?!
  • Options
    Where the fuck is the high?!

cant understand it either, this does baffle me (...although there is a bar in Bournemouth called Camel, where you can all sit around smoking shish from this big Hookah! Its funny to watch the old bill walk past, give the place the proper evils. i always close my eyes slightly just to take the piss when they look at me:D :D:D )
  • Options

I've asked myself that so many times.
  • Options
    Originally posted by bongbudda
    maybe it's realy fantastic but causes serious memory loss and you can't remember it ...ok i'll shut up.
  • Options
    my mum and step-dad both smoke weed
  • Options
    The rush of a cigarette first thing in the morning is great though. Well i suppose some would think not.
    Regal Kingsize...i'm dying for a feg now and have none.:(
    I wonder where lil_minx has gone, she hasn't been around these boards in over a year now..it's been that long.Maybe the coke eventually got the better of her.
  • Options
    My dad smokes weed occasionally. I think he's smoked it since he was 18 but stopped while we were young kids and picked it up again a few years back. I guess old habits never die.
  • Options
    I guess old habits never die.

I wonder if that'll be true.
  • Options
    If your talking to me then no. I'm only 18, don't want to be a dad yet.
  • Options
    Ah right. I should have probably realised because i made no reference to anything to do with smoking in my last post, but i'm stoned as fuck so you know.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Shogun
    Maybe the coke eventually got the better of her.

:lol: fuckin brilliant gavey
  • Options
    No way... it can't have been that long can it? *goes off to nosey*

I wonder what happened to Lover

you forget about people like them really easily and when someone mentions there name, something clicks in your brain and you're like "oh i remember her/him", weird like
  • Options
    Who knows what happened to lover, i remember she used to be on here posting and pills and stuff.
  • Options
    Yeah she got well fecked on them.. didn't she lose the honeymoon period in a couple weeks or something

it's not that u forget about peole it's more that you don't notice them not posting

fuck that'd be shit losing the honeymoon period after only a few times, yea, i'm sure there are other people on this site who don't post anymore but used to be regulars, can't think of many now though.
  • Options
    There was also candy who used to post on here before, i haven't seen her about here in ages.
  • Options
    my exes dad has smoked weed for as long as he can remember but he smokes for medical reasons or something...and has a 4year old daughter now. doesnt stop him from smoking but alex (ex) smokes weed a lot now.

candy is still about on lj and stuff...