Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

Which Browser?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I am looking for a new Internet browser and would like to know which one is the best. I want to change from MS Internet Explorer, I think that there is too many security worries surrounding it and don't want to put my computer at risk. Can anyone help me in choosing my new browser?

Comments

• Options
    If you want a complete replacement to IE and OE, then go Mozilla. If you use webmail (or you just want to replace the browser) then jump onto the Firefox bandwagon. Both programs can be downloaded from www.mozilla.org

You'll find that Mozilla and Firefox will support many of the same keys as IE such as F5 for refresh, F11 for full screen, F6 for URL entry, ESC to stop. The only button difference I found so far is opening new windows which is SHIFT+click for IE and CTRL+click for Mozilla.

Mozilla blocks pop-up windows, also IE is starting to do it too... although it took two years for IE to catch up with Mozilla on that one :-) Mozilla is skinnable (although I don't skin it personally). The most important factor about MZ/Firefox is the fact that there is very little in a way of exploits when it comes to spyware.
  • Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    Firefox :thumb:
  • Options
    fiyahfox =d
  • Options
    Re: Which Browser?
    Originally posted by Ramius
    I am looking for a new Internet browser and would like to know which one is the best. I want to change from MS Internet Explorer, I think that there is too many security worries surrounding it and don't want to put my computer at risk. Can anyone help me in choosing my new browser?

Firefox.