Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Forum Problems...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I'm having trouble with some people on a forum I'm a member of and don't know what to do about it, or why it's happening.

Some of the members on the forum have taken a dislike to me, for no apparent reason, and it's really bugging me.
I've been told that people don't like me, they think that I suck up to the mods/admin and that I'm 'taking over the forum'.

I've been a member for just over a year, and it's what I like to call 'home' it's my homepage and has been for a year. I've made some life long friends on there too. I'm myself on the forum, I don't hurt peoples feelings intentionally nor do I try and cause trouble - I'm just me. But they don't seem to like it, and I don't know why.

I'm pulling my hair out trying to figure out what I do that's so bad, for people to hate me, but I'm clueless.
It's really getting to me.

Ilora x

Comments

• Options
    You could do one of two things.

Ignore them
    OR
    Leave.

If you genuinly havn't done anything wrong, then ignore them, sooner or later they'll give up or go too far.
  • Options
    Either they're right or you are.

Eitehr they stop or you'll have to leave.
  • Options
    ilora...........ignore them....

more than half of the people on here are total and utter fucking twats.

they are totaly unsecure people, who think that PVC is what vinyls are made out of. if they are being fucks then they don't know you.

chill. :)
  • Options
    Originally posted by twisted_trinity
    more than half of the people on here are total and utter fucking twats.

Oh, how I could be so catty here.

I expect she's talking about vampirefreaks though.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Kermit
    Oh, how I could be so catty here.

I expect she's talking about vampirefreaks though.

vampirefreaks isn't an amazingly sociable place, because it was set up by industrialists for industrialists and all gothic styled music lovers, and then you get these "mummy and daddy bought me my 5th pair of new rock boots yesterday" kids who think they own the place, and think that any band that isn't the rasmus or any other of the really main stream bands who seem to have sold their souls to the EMI aka devil and are total shits to everyone who has an opinon that differs to theirs.

kermit............stick to being froggy m'dear ;)
  • Options
    People on forums can be hurtful and stressy because they don't have the confidence to insult people in real life. Online it can be much easier to be a total arse. If you are an arse back then you're just as bad as them. If you ignore them then you are better. If they are being very abusive then you report them to the mods. Otherwise you put up with it and wait for them to grow the fuck up (though that could take a while...) or you sod the lot of them and leave.

:)
  • Options
    people can get annoyed with people online, just as easily as they can in real life.
    It seems like people have said why they dont like you but you dont believe them.
  • Options
    After reading some of your posts on here, maybe your attitude causes a slight problem?
  • Options
    Re: Forum Problems...
    Originally posted by Ilora-Danon
    I've made some life long friends on there too.

Well there you go then.. not everyone will like you, same as in real life, but if you've made good friends then that's all good!!

BTW are these people other girls?
  • Options
    ive seen some of your posts on here and you do seem a bit full of yourself sometimes.

theyve said why the dont like you, either you can take the information on board or you cant.

not everyone will always like you. the internet is just like real life.
  • Options
    Re: Re: Forum Problems...
    Originally posted by DiamondGeezer
    Well there you go then.. not everyone will like you, same as in real life, but if you've made good friends then that's all good!!

BTW are these people other girls?
    Yeah, 2 are girls, one's a gay guy...

Oh and it's not Vampire Freaks btw!!

Ilora x
  • Options
    Originally posted by NaCN
    After reading some of your posts on here, maybe your attitude causes a slight problem?
    I have an attitude? :confused:

Ilora x
  • Options
    I have an attitude? :confused:

Ilora x

You do sometimes seem a bit...full of yourself.

It's hard to say.

Everyone has something about them that will be very abrasive to someone else.
  • Options
    Re: Re: Re: Forum Problems...
    Yeah, 2 are girls, one's a gay guy...

Oh and it's not Vampire Freaks btw!!

Ilora x

Maybe they're just jealous over something
  • Options
    I suppose the best way is to show them that you're not bothered. Anybody can be rude/obnoxious/brave when they're sat infront of a computer. They can be what they want to be as no-ones going to turn round and threaten them with violence etc.
    Ilora, you seem a pretty straightforward lass, just give them a few well aimed sarcastic comments and stand your ground. Bullies will always back down in the end, whether they are internet ones or real ones.
  • Options
    Not everyone is nice, you have to deal with it.
  • Options
    No-one can be liked by everyone. If you ever find someone who is - don't trust them. They're not being true.
  • Options
    Thanks guys.

I don't have a problem with not being like by everyone - I know that's a completely unrealistic expectation. But, I do have a problem with people publicly bitching about me!

Anyway, the admin (who I'm friends with) noticed the bitching, and stood up for me, and gave the bitchers a formal warning.
    I then got an email from the 'bitcher' saying "that didn't take long for me to get a 'telling off' from the mods" - She thought I told on her. I emailed her back - I told her that she did that on her own, I hadn't spoken to the mod/admin that day. I also told her I pitied her - I've not received one nasty reply since.

It's pretty much sorted now - just some rumours flying around apparently. Nothing I can't deal with :) So, thanks :)

Ilora x
  • Options
    thought I told on her. I emailed her back - I told her that she did that on her own, I hadn't spoken to the mod/admin that day. I also told her I pitied her - I've not received one nasty reply since.

good for you :)