Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

Booking a holiday.

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
May possibly belong in Travel, I couldn't fully decide but anyway. Can anyone recommend a decent (cheap) site I can browse through holidays, which actually give you some details about the holiday such as accomodation they provide, the region it's in etc.

All I've come across so far has been a very basic overview of what the holiday is (ie. 7 nights, 3*) but no details - any decent ones out there? Getting quite frustrated with it all. :o

Also, which site(s) are the best for getting a decent, last minute holiday deal? Cheers

Comments

• Options
    I've booked my last three holidays through Direct Holidays. The year before last I went to Spain for two weeks, SC inc flights, insurance, taxes and one trip for £230 in October.
  • Options
    That's sounds pretty cheap to be honest, did it live up to expectations?

I'm guessing they've got a web address? I'll give it a look when I've got the chance. Do they actually give details on the accomodation, local attractions etc. on the website?
  • Options
    If you are trying to do your holiday really cheap then it might be worth having a look on easyjet or ryanair's site. Fair enough you have to sort the transfers and hotels out yourself but you can save loads of money, and you can also do all your research on the place by yourself and not rely on a travel agents sales pitch.

I went with my son to Rome for 2 days and it cost us less than £100. The most expensive bit was the train tickets through to Stanstead Airport which were about £37, the flights were only about £22 quid for both of us including taxes.

It is an effort but the couple times I have done it all myself it has been well worth it.