Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

VB coding,

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Anyone know much about VB coding, if so I need some/ will need some help,

I have to go now but anyone who knows much about it i'll post what i need help with later.

Comments

• Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    I know a littlle, whats wrong?
  • Options
    I'll throw my hat into this one as well - learnt it at uni.
  • Options
    What do you need to do?
  • Options
    Right, hard to decribe and I've got to be pretty breif as i haven't got much time,

I got some frames on a standard EXE form, One with three options (internation, national and local rate) and One with two options (off peak / on peak)

then I've got to make this work out how much the call with cost,

like if local and off peak is clicked it will equal 1p a min,

then this total which is made up multiplied by the lengh of the call (put in by the user into another textbox/whatever i use (forgot the name) then the total must come out on a label, I think thats decribed it pretty clearly, i hope, if not sorry
  • Options
    So what's the problem?
  • Options
    Originally posted by Mist
    So what's the problem?

I don't know how to do it and my teacher knows fuck all :(
  • Options
    Originally posted by Hellfire
    I don't know how to do it and my teacher knows fuck all :(

Hmm. How far have you got ?

You should at least attempt it. Add a few boxes and get the values out of them. They can be accessed with boxname.value methinks or boxname.text (I can't remember)

Assign some variables to a local proc that runs whenever the calculate button is pressed, that are used to store the data from the text inputs, and then multiply or whatever.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Mist
    Hmm. How far have you got ?

You should at least attempt it. Add a few boxes and get the values out of them. They can be accessed with boxname.value methinks or boxname.text (I can't remember)

Assign some variables to a local proc that runs whenever the calculate button is pressed, that are used to store the data from the text inputs, and then multiply or whatever.

I've got the two frames, all the boxes labeled ect, i'll work it out, thanks anyway