Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

Total and utter bollocks days

2»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by kaffrin
    which btw confused the living hell out of a lot of wakey children last year.

Only because they're all sex-crazed drug-addled morons:p
  • Options
    Re: Total and utter bollocks days
    Originally posted by dr_carter
    1. Valentines Day - what a con.
    2. Father's Day - yeah right, what a load of shite.
    3. Halloween - sod off and leave me alone.
    4. Grandparent's Day - drop dead, please.
    5. National Boss Day - why celebrate these bastards?
    6. Nurse's Day - yeah, hmm.... no teacher's day, doctor's day, bus driver's day, little git weatherman day....

Somebody please shoot the bright sparks at Hallmark.

You sound bitter.
  • Options
    Isnt santa based on St Nick, who used to give presents with peter or what ever his name was to those less foutunate.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Zella
    Isnt santa based on St Nick, who used to give presents with peter or what ever his name was to those less foutunate.

A bishop in the 14th or 15th century as I understand it. Gave money to those who needed it anonymously, by dropping it thought the window into their shoes.
  • Options
    Re: Re: Total and utter bollocks days
    Originally posted by Felix Da Housecat
    You sound bitter.

Nope. I never ever intend to share Valentine's Day gifts with anyone, I have never ever bought my Father a Father's Day card or gift, and if my children ever do, I will shout at them - I have never gone trick-or-treating and I despise children who do, I don't think Grandparents should have a day - well, Grandmothers already have a day! It's called Mother's Day!
  • Options
    Originally posted by Zella

Partially. The whole coming down the chimmney, and the green clothing, and several other bits and bobs came from the Inuit culture I mentioned earlier. He's kinda a piecemeal bloke, which probably explains why he's so fat - there's so many different people stuffed into him.
  • Options
    I still think you're a bit too angry about this. Why get all riled up about little things like this? They make some people happy and aren't killing anyone (although, the present rush at Christmas is insane).

You could try putting all this...vitriol into something worthwhile, like...finding a cure for cancer or something.

Shit, I've lost the point....
  • Options
    Originally posted by eefs
    I still think you're a bit too angry about this. Why get all riled up about little things like this? They make some people happy and aren't killing anyone (although, the present rush at Christmas is insane).

You could try putting all this...vitriol into something worthwhile, like...finding a cure for cancer or something.

Shit, I've lost the point....

Oh, and another thing. Why the fuck does Christmas start so bloody early? Do we need to be thinking about puddings and cakes, wrapping paper and cards in September? Do we really need Park Catalogues coming out 16 months in advance? Why is there all this bullshit commercial hijacking of everything? It just makes me so upset, to think that this is still considered a Christian holiday by most people, even though many of the Christian symbols have either been pushed to the background, or abolished because they're apparently offensive to other cultures. Did you know a Building Society in town always puts up a nativity scene in their window, and last year when they didn't, their excuse was 'they didn't want to offend other religions...' BOLLOCKS!!!
  • Options
    Dude, breath. Seriously. It's not going to kill you.
  • Options
    Dude, breath. Seriously. It's not going to kill you.

Easter?!? Fucking hell! Jesus would be livid if he saw what happened. What is all this Easter Egg bullshit? This is the MOST IMPORTANT festival in the Christian calendar, and what do retailers do? Sell gigantic lumps of chocolate!!! Half of the people who 'supposedly' celebrate Easter don't even bother going to Church. Christmas, yeah, fine, why not, but Easter??? If you don't go to Church, it's meaningless!
  • Options
    i think there should be daughters or sons days :(

nobody thinks of us poor children who have to put up with the parents of a by gone age..... :D:p
  • Options
    Originally posted by welsh_mosher
    i think there should be daughters or sons days :(

nobody thinks of us poor children who have to put up with the parents of a by gone age..... :D:p

Yeah, but put that to your parents, and you get the answer 'every day is daughter's/son's day'... yeah right mum, don't see you bringing me flowers, chocolates and a card every day, do I? Hah....
  • Options
    ok lets see all the financial support you give them?

a roof over your head, pocket money, food etc
  • Options
    Originally posted by dr_carter
    Easter?!? Fucking hell! Jesus would be livid if he saw what happened. What is all this Easter Egg bullshit? This is the MOST IMPORTANT festival in the Christian calendar, and what do retailers do? Sell gigantic lumps of chocolate!!! Half of the people who 'supposedly' celebrate Easter don't even bother going to Church. Christmas, yeah, fine, why not, but Easter??? If you don't go to Church, it's meaningless!

See, now? You're just taking the piss.
  • Options
    See, now? You're just taking the piss.

I'm not. Easter is a very meaningful and reflective time, and what's the message from the supermarkets? Buy buy buy!!!