Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

Wipers on Cars

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
When was the last time you changed or checked yours?

With all the heavy rain we've had lately I got myself a new set.. the first since I got the car and boy has it made a big difference .. my driver's side one was smearing more then cleaning!!

Comments

• Options
    About 2 years, but they need changing really.
  • Options
    I changed them a month ago, after using the same ones for almost 2,5 years, but I guess we don't have that much rain over here...
  • Options
    Originally posted by rachie004
    never :D

I looked it up on the web and all the manufaturers recomend changing wipers every 6 months to 12 months .. however of course they want that cos it's more money for them.

Had mine for 4 years but then again I hardly drive much
  • Options
    It's been at least a couple of years since changing the wipers. It's amazing what a good clean can do for wipers too.
  • Options
    Worth changing when you get the car serviced. Reg Vardy changed my two front ones as part of the MOT and service for about a fiver. It does make a difference.
  • Options
    get some bosch ones, them's the shit (honestly). decent wipers will last 6 months but you'll not notice they'd deteriorated as it happens gradually (of course).
  • Options
    Originally posted by Kentish
    Worth changing when you get the car serviced. Reg Vardy changed my two front ones as part of the MOT and service for about a fiver. It does make a difference.

Yep, I actually only changed the right wiper cos my Dad has soem shorter ones that should fit the left side but for now the old one is onthe left and you can see it streaks whilst the driver's side give a clean wipe!!

The one I got was a Champion Brand from Argos, I didn't shop around, it was raingin when I went shoppingand they were the first ones I managed to find on a sunday!!