Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

Bad habbits

2»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Not sure I'd call them "habits", so much as OBSESSIVE NERVOUS TICKS:eek2: but here goes. I'll make you all feel much better about yourselves....

chain smoking
    drinking
    puffing
    drinking coffee
    skipping breakfast
    twirling my hair
    picking out my eyelashes
    sighing
    swearing
    responding to everything with dry cynical wit
    getting sucked in to stupid t.v. shows
    sucking on candies
    applying lipgloss
    scratching my crotch when no one's looking (of course, my hubby doesn't count)
    fiddling with my crotch - for any reason really:naughty:
    rubbing my feet together to get to sleep
    whistling
    breaking into song with improvised lyrics
    bobbing my head to imaginary beats
    walking on my toes
    walking with a swagger
    dropping, bumping into, tripping over things
    procrastinating
    scratching the inside of my nose with my longest finger nails (NOT the same as picking it, though it often creates the illusion)
    sniffing armpits - especially my hubby's (lucky he thinks it's cute or I'd have to do it stealthy-like)
    doodling things on my feet
    talking in my sleep
    napping at every opportunity like a freekin' sloth
    surfing useless websites
    pr0n
    studying my flaws in the mirror
    spending money on useless things like fast food and mochaccinos
    using over-the-counter pills to correct any minor discomfort: advil and sudafed are my best friends

in fact, the only GOOD habit I can think of is reading anything and writing anything, but especially poetry, and I suppose that would fall more into a "hobbies" category. SHIT, no wonder I never get anything done.

oh ya, and cursing like a mail room clerk.
  • Options
    I smoke more than Dennis Leary... one day I *will* be trachiotomy(fuck knows how to spell it) woman unless I cut back.

I say dude after pretty much every sentence. Everybody I know is refered to as dude, everything is dude. Got it dude?

And I skip work more than anybody ever should and I shit myself to think about how I have never gotten fired yet. But fuck it. I hate work.

And I have the mouth of a trucker.
  • Options
    You know, the more I think about it, it would probably be more efficient for me to just name the vices I don't indulge in:

gambling. I've gambled maybe three times in my entire life.

That's pretty much it, really.

How sad. I think I'll go pluck out some eyelashes.
  • Options
    Originally posted by my_name

And I skip work more than anybody ever should and I shit myself to think about how I have never gotten fired yet. But fuck it. I hate work.

God, how I envy people like you. I've never played hooky once in my life, unless exagerating an illness in my own mind for dramatic purposes counts. But I'm pretty sure it doesn't. But then, I suppose that's another bad habit you could add to my list.

Also I can get reeeeeally cranky over stupid insignificant things, after long stretches of emotionally distancing myself. Also I love telling people about dreams I had the night before, in great, tedious detail. And talking about myself in epic posts and then disappearing for months at a time.
  • Options
    you're funny. and it appears as though i'm stalking you thru threads. god i'm sad. but its by accident. still i'm sad though.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Schnap me Baby
    Wierd, never met anyone else that does this. I do it really bad alllllll the time and I mean all the time. I don't even realise I do it!

I know i sit watching tv doing it at the computer with out even thinking about it and i wish i could stop because it must look so disgusting. My poor hands!
  • Options
    I am moody, messy, I get restless and senseless. Hehe, though I'd sing a bit of Miss Simpson (black hair) for you. And I swear far too much and don't speak properly.
  • Options
    Originally posted by *x*franki chicken*x*
    Sucking my thumb. I do it because it's a comfort thing, like when I get tired, nervous, or bored.

I could probably stop, and I should...but so hard!!

OMG.... as embarrassing as it is.. i do that too....

but in secret...
  • Options
    I might as well join positive pain on the huge list of bad habits i have, far too many to think about at the mo.

A few choice ones;

smoking, biting nails, being far too cynical/picky/critical (comes from being a virgo starsign), being a complete committment phobe, swearing too much etc. etc.:D
  • Options
    Originally posted by Char_Baby
    smoking, laziness, can be a bit short/blunt but im a saggitarius so :p

Hehehe ditto.
  • Options
    Sometimes my sarcasm can sound a little cheeky. And I bite me nails when I get stressed.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Angel121077
    OMG.... as embarrassing as it is.. i do that too....

but in secret...

I do it in public...

Some girl on the bus once called me immature (not to my face obviously - my sister heard) because I was sucking my thumb on the bus. I was tired damn it!