Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

She's being weird

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Ok this girl i met on faceparty, i really like her shes really cute and quite entertaining and stuff , but ive never met her, she really likes me, i know cos she told me that, and she doesnt want to meet up with me, because if she doesnt feel a certain connection she says she'll runaway, and she doesnt want us to lose what we have at the moment and she'd feel terrible, so what should i do? I really like her

Comments

• Options
    It's amazing how powerful the Internet is. I know more about some people I talk to online than I do about my own relatives. I've met someone as well, who I've decided to meet in a couple of months time. Can't tell you any more than that right now. Anyway, I can understand her fears. I'm slightly worried that I'll be disappointed, but this is just a minor worry. The best thing I reckon would be to keep what you have at the moment. You get along well, so don't risk that just now.
    >>> Take your time with this one, as her feelings could change in the future. But that said, maybe there is something she's not telling you. Perhaps she has a boyfriend? Perhaps circumstances mean that meeting would be extremely difficult? Maybe she's worried that you're not who you say you are. It's hard for me to do anything other than speculate on this, but I would advise you to (for now) get to know her even better. Good luck to you.
  • Options
    How long have you known her? And for what reason do you want to meet her? As friends or as a potential love interest?

Personally I'd be less scared to meet somebody offline if I knew it was just to meet and have a bit of fun. But as soon as it might be for something 'more' it makes it so much more nervewrecking. Makes it more stressful as you don't want to screw up, risking both what could have been and the online friendship.

You should try to talk to her and ask more about what exactly she's worried about. She's the only one who really has the answers you're looking for. And don't attempt to pressure her into meeting you, you'll risk making her less willing to meet you.

Good luck! =)
  • Options
    cheers guys, well initially we were gonna meet just for a bit of fun, then we had a particular late night conversation, and we've started to get really strong feelings for eachother, so surely the longer i leave it the harder its going to be?
  • Options
    Yeah, I think I'd have to agree with that. Waiting might make it more difficult to move out of the secure-zone (the net).

I think you should definitely talk to her about what she's thinking. =)
  • Options
    I started yapping to a blokey on FP, all was spunky, he seemed like a really nice guy, he wanted to meet up, thought it'd be cool though I was really nervous cause I thought, when we meet, what if maybe I change my mind about him, he's not what I initially thought he'd be like, or like, conversation just dies and we have NOTHING in common despite feeling like there was a spark when chatting over the net...well on the day, something came up that I couldn't avoid,text him to say, sorry can't make it today *left explanation* speak to you soon yadee yadee yaa...started texting me like 10+ times a day saying how could I lie, saying he really needed me etc...emailing me, trying to private chat with me, ranting at me as soon as I logged onto msn (obviously ended up blocking him) phoning me at every ungodly hour he could...so...yeah!!

The moral is basically, alot of reasonable fears could be behind her reluctance, she could just wanna bide her time and make sure this is what she wants, don't be offended/put off if she does say no to a meeting, she's needs to feel safe and relaxed! Which can still be hard even when you've known someone and chatted to them for a while

Malt Munk xxx :D
  • Options
    i really like her, but she texted me earlier, i might call her later and talk to her over the phone cos that would make conversations in real life easier because ull be able to spot possible akward silences which u cant do online