Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

Where?

littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
Where is everyone? Are they all still in bed sporting hangovers? Shocking :o

:p

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    ooer
  • Options
    I'm not. I was rudely awoken at the crack of dawn as usual. (Although the crack of dawn is getting later and later at the moment.)
  • Options
    If i want breakfast at my hall I have to be up by 9. :yeees:
  • Options
    Originally posted by Renzokuken

heh, it sucks to be you. :p
  • Options

Mmm, breakfast. I think I'll have a bacon and egg sandwich and a milky coffee as it's Sunday.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Mist
    heh, it sucks to be you. :p

Yes it does. I "want" to do some work now but my roomate is sitting there playing loud music. :( I so wish I had been given a single room.
  • Options
    Yes it does. I "want" to do some work now but my roomate is sitting there playing loud music. :( I so wish I had been given a single room.

How crap :|
  • Options
    Originally posted by Miffy
    I'm not. I was rudely awoken at the crack of dawn as usual. (Although the crack of dawn is getting later and later at the moment.)

At least it is getting later ...
  • Options

Is there somewhere you can go? Like a library / study area within the halls?

That is quite bad though :(
  • Options
    Originally posted by littlemissy
    Is there somewhere you can go? Like a library / study area within the halls?

That is quite bad though :(

There is but I can't really cart my laptop and all the components i need over there.
  • Options
    There is but I can't really cart my laptop and all the components i need over there.

Tell him

Try the "no more mr nice renzo" approach.

You need to study, simple as. It is only courteous that he should let you.
  • Options
    Tell him

Try the "no more mr nice renzo" approach.

You need to study, simple as. It is only courteous that he should let you.

Indeed. I am still unsure as to weather or not I am going to try and get a single room, it would be somewhere else on campus though.
  • Options
    Indeed. I am still unsure as to weather or not I am going to try and get a single room, it would be somewhere else on campus though.

No harm in finding out, is there?
  • Options
    No harm in finding out, is there?

Indeed, i'll have a go at standing for the hall commitee first though I think just because...well I want to. Also apart from the shared room thing I am in one of the better halls..
  • Options

That's really shite.

My college did brunch on a Sunday, served until 12.30. So I got up at 12.27:p
  • Options
    Originally posted by Kermit
    That's really shite.

My college did brunch on a Sunday, served until 12.30. So I got up at 12.27:p

They don't even do it at weekends, if you want a lie in you have to skip breakfast. :(
  • Options

Try, seriously.

My shared room was alright in that it was two separate rooms (it was a grad flat "converted" by putting another bed in the living room section) but I couldn't bare to be in a room like yours.

It'll be even worse when you're knackered one day, you come home and get told to piss off cause he's got a girl there.

Talk to your JCR President (or whetever it is there) and try to get a switch.
  • Options
    They don't even do it at weekends, if you want a lie in you have to skip breakfast. :(

On a Saturday it was like that, but not on a Sunday.

To be honest, I was never in college at weekends. But when I was I stopped in bed and had cereal and toast instead of college brekkie.
  • Options
    Try, seriously.

My shared room was alright in that it was two separate rooms (it was a grad flat "converted" by putting another bed in the living room section) but I couldn't bare to be in a room like yours.

It'll be even worse when you're knackered one day, you come home and get told to piss off cause he's got a girl there.

Talk to your JCR President (or whetever it is there) and try to get a switch.

I know I havn't fitted in the best at this hall but it's slowly happening...maybe. Surely it will be harder moving to a completely different hall?
  • Options
    I know I havn't fitted in the best at this hall but it's slowly happening...maybe. Surely it will be harder moving to a completely different hall?

It could be, you'd be more likely to be away from freshers and with second or third years.

But it depends if it is worth it.

Let us know the day you walk in and see your roomy shagging some bird :lol:
  • Options
    It could be, you'd be more likely to be away from freshers and with second or third years.

But it depends if it is worth it.

Let us know the day you walk in and see your roomy shagging some bird :lol:

If i get moved to a different hall I will be with first years still. And er...i will....i guess. :(
  • Options
    If i get moved to a different hall I will be with first years still. And er...i will....i guess. :(

Oh, well do it then.

It's a real shame that you didn't say that you wanted a single room before- say you have chronic snoring or something. One of my mates got a single room because she suffers from insomnia.
  • Options
    Oh, well do it then.

It's a real shame that you didn't say that you wanted a single room before- say you have chronic snoring or something. One of my mates got a single room because she suffers from insomnia.

I may well go for it...