Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

I hate being injured!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
Just having a moan. Cos im injured again. And i miss my bath trial on monday.

Anyone else carrying an injury? How down and pissed off does it get you?:(
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    haven't played sport competively for years but it alwas annoyed me watching your team while you were on the sidelines injured, you just wanna be there playing
  • Options
    not injured at the moment but know where your coming from, when I was on Brightons books as a younger player I kept getting awful pains in my knees and got it checked out and turned out to be Osgood Schlatters, now at the age of 22 my left knee is shot to pieces.
  • Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    My right arm is now not strong enough to play rugby so I'm permanantly injured. Have been for the last 3 years.
  • Options
    I've got an ankle injury at the moment, stopped me playing this weekend which pissed me off. What pissed me off more though is because I can't play next week either because I'm suspended, so 2 weeks with no football, not good.
  • Options
    I hear ya, being out hurt isn't fun. I recently missed 2 basketball games after getting wisdom teeth pulled, then got hit by a car the following week. Just started playing full contact games again yesterday and corked my thigh. Hehe, not the best run of luck.

When I'm out hurt and know I can't play, it's not the best but I can live with it. I find it most frustrating when I know that I'm not 100% but am well enough to play, but people try to keep you out because they don't want you to reinjure yourself. When you know that you can make a difference to the game but are sitting on the sidelines... that sucks.
  • Options
    Your moanin about bein injured which only lasts a few weeks, im lucky if i have a few weeks without injury after an accident in kickboxin last year left me weak and in a wheelcair alot of the time. i'm lucky if i can train once a month. so stop being wusses and train anyway its what i do when i can walk!
  • Options
    Originally posted by _Emilie-Clare_
    so stop being wusses and train anyway its what i do when i can walk!

I'm sorry that you are in a wheelchair, but this is very probably the most stupid advice that I have ever heard.

Yeah, train when injured, if you want to be left in an even worse state.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Kermit

Yeah, train when injured, if you want to be left in an even worse state.

Have to agree - my arm was still fucked when I started playing again and now its fucked to the extent that I'll probably never play again.
  • Options
    wa i ment was if it was only i minor injury like a broken finger, or rib, then train dnt wuss out just coz u av a minor injury
  • Options
    wa i ment was if it was only i minor injury like a broken finger, or rib, then train dnt wuss out just coz u av a minor injury

Ah, you didn't make it clear thats all!

I agree in sport you need to do fitness training for 'minor injuries' stuff like running with broken fingers and stuff. Sadly for me it was a broken arm and playing rugby it didn't go down too well. Sadly I never continued with any of the fitness stuff after my 'career' ended. :rolleyes:
  • Options

What you need to do is stop using txt spk. plskthnx :thumb:

Yeah, because a broken finger or rib is a "minor" injury when you row or play rugby :yeees:
  • Options
    Exactly, it depends what sport your playing as to how important your injury is. When my ankle was knacked there was no chance I could play a game of football or even run on it, I had problems walking at first. I've played football with a broken wrist before when it was in a pot but obviously that wouldn't be possible if I was playing Rugby.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Kermit
    What you need to do is stop using txt spk. plskthnx :thumb:

Yeah, because a broken finger or rib is a "minor" injury when you row or play rugby :yeees:
    #

Because if you agravate either injury in the wrong way, especially a rib, you can end up doing massive internal injury to yourself. A finger not so much, but you can end up straining tendons and muscles more than you should be.