Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

home made bath bombs

BillieTheBotBillieTheBot Posts: 8,722 Bot
Budget Bath Bombs
You will need:-
1 cup citric acid
2 cups baking soda
Witch hazel
Few drops of your favourite essential oil

Spray bottle
Cling film

Optional
Moulds
Food colouring

To make:-

Blend the citric acid and baking soda really thoroughly in a large non-metallic bowl. Add a few drops of food colouring if you wish and blend again. Add your essential oil (the amount depends on personal preference) and blend again.

Pour a little Witch Hazel into your spray bottle. Use this to spray your ingredients while you stir. You may want to ask someone to assist you at this stage.

When the mixture begins to stick together spoon it onto sections of cling film and very quickly twist and seal into balls. Do this quickly before the mixture turns hard.

Let dry for 3-4 hours at normal room temperature. When you unwrap them you’ll find you have wonderful, hard bath bombs just waiting to fizzle as soon as you add them to your bath.

If you like you can use moulds instead of cling film, perhaps if you would like to make a batch as a gift for someone.

Points to note:-

Do not the mixture become too wet when adding the Witch Hazel or the mixture will begin to fizzle before it gets anywhere near a bath tub!

Pack the bath bombs as tightly as you can so that they set really hard into the cling film/ or moulds – this gives the best results. The most effective bath bombs are very hard before you add them to your bath.

To use:-

Just add a bomb to your bath and enjoy!

Moisturising Bath Bombs

Dry ingredients:
1 cup Baking soda
½ cup Corn Starch
¼ cup Epsom Salt
½ cup Citric Acid
Wet ingredients:
2-¾ tablespoons Almond oil
¾ tablespoon Water
1-½ teaspoon fragrance oil or essential oil (Lavender and Rose are good for dry skins, and usually non-irritant)
Colorant

Mix all dry ingredients in a mixing bowl and then in a separate dish or cup mix wet ingredients and then combine the two.I uuse a wire wisk....the mix doesnt really even look wet but it compacts nicely into molds and after drying through the night they are rock hard and fizz for almost 2 minutes.

Make sure to wisk fast when adding wet ingredients to prevent fizzing whisk for a good minute and then press mix into your mold.
Sugar, Salt and Nut Scrub
½ cup ground almonds
½ cup ground oatmeal
½ cup sugar
½ cup salt
¼ cup almond oil
fragrance or essential oil – to your own preference

Optional :- Add 2 tablespoons of honey for an extra-moisturizing scrub.

Mix almond oil and fragrance or essential oil together in a glass bowl. Add the sugar, finely ground almonds and salt together in a separate bowl and mix thoroughly together. Add this mixture to the almond oil. Mix well with your hands to incorporate and you're done!

Posh Milk Bath

The options for this one are endless – experiment according to your own tastes and budget.

You will need:-

Main Ingredient

2 cups powdered milk (dry) – use skimmed milk powder as it gives the best results.

Scented ingredients :-

1 tbsp. dried orange peel
2 tsp. dried lavender flowers
2 tsp. dried rosemary

Other scented Options:-

Option 1 ½ Vanilla Pod, crushed
1tbs dried cinnamon

Option 2 2 tbs dried chamomile
2tbs dried rose petals

Budget Option:- A few drops of your fave essential oil

Mix powdered milk and your choice of scented ingredients together and pour into a clear glass bottle or jar. Use ½ cup of the mixture per bath - soak for 20 minutes. Tie a ribbon and a sprig of dried flowers to the jar for a ready gift!

Just thought some of you might be interested in this. If you do make some before me, do tell us how they turn out.
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    What do they do then? Fizz in the bath or blow you up? I would try it but I would end up putting to much of one thing in there and then I would blow the house up.
  • Options
    Ok, when I read that title I thought of taking a running leap at my bath, tuck me legs up as I launch and shouting "Boom" as I landed...:D If I had a brain...

Malt Munk xxx :)
  • Options
    Originally posted by malteser monkay
    Ok, when I read that title I thought of taking a running leap at my bath, tuck me legs up as I launch and shouting "Boom" as I landed...:D If I had a brain...

Malt Munk xxx :)
    there is nothing in the bath bombs instructions that precludes you from doing that, but you might do yourself a mischeif if youre not careful.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Felix Da Housecat
    What do they do then? Fizz in the bath or blow you up? I would try it but I would end up putting to much of one thing in there and then I would blow the house up.
    fizz in the bath.
    I dont think they generally bother putting fragrant essential oils in most explosives.
  • Options
    Oh thats wonerfull! I was gonna go on a spending pree at Lush! for x-mas gifts but I can just make them myself now. Thank you, your a star!:D
  • Options
    Originally posted by Zella
    Oh thats wonerfull! I was gonna go on a spending pree at Lush! for x-mas gifts but I can just make them myself now. Thank you, your a star!:D

Ooh. They sell tubes for bath bombs at Lush, bung 'em in there and who'd know the difference?
  • Options
    Now all I need is a bath :chin:
  • Options
    Originally posted by rainbow brite
    fizz in the bath.
    I dont think they generally bother putting fragrant essential oils in most explosives.

Why not? Might not attract sniffer dog ;).
  • Options
    When I first read this thread I thought it was a bomb as in one that exploded. I was a little confused why rainbow hadn't been shouted at for telling people how to make bombs:eek2:
  • Options
    I remember Helfire asking where he could buy ammonium nitrate :/.
  • Options
    I remember Helfire asking where he could buy ammonium nitrate :/.

I remember that vaguely lol; wonder if anyone can find the thread lol
  • Options
    No I think he deleted it :(.
  • Options
    No I think he deleted it :(.

:lol: his post total would be twice as high if he didn't delete so many posts lol
  • Options
    Wow rainbowbrite thanks! I am addicted to lsuh but the fun n making my own-oooh endless-like for me I enjoy doing anything like thsi so yay! I will psot when I have made some!
  • Options
    littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    Originally posted by Cruel2BKind
    Now all I need is a bath :chin:

Me too. I miss my baths :(
  • Options
    Our Becks made bath bombs at school a few months ago and they smelt gorgeous. Instead of actually using them in the bath I left them in her room as smellies cos the smell was lovely.
  • Options
    Thank you for that bizarre recipe, rainbowbrite.
  • Options
    i love lush so i might just try that.

ill let you all know if i end up in casualty:)
  • Options
    Originally posted by Mushroom Boy
    ill let you all know if i end up in casualty:)

How very kind;)