Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

Fireworks......already

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Bloody hell, fireworks are getting let off in my street right this minuite........bloody stoopid or what.

Fireworks should be banned unless they are for firework displays.

what do you think ?

edited to add :
they must be right dipsticks as well cos its persistently raining.

Comments

• Options
    We get them all year round. The bloody rude boy bastards going buying a load then letting them off down the footpath to Great Notley :mad:
  • Options
    Re: Fireworks......already
    Originally posted by BeckyBoo
    Bloody hell, fireworks are getting let off in my street right this minuite........bloody stoopid or what.

Fireworks should be banned unless they are for firework displays.

what do you think ?

edited to add :
    they must be right dipsticks as well cos its persistently raining.

LOL the moment i read your post a firework went off.

they have been going off all evening for some reason.
  • Options
    As long as they aren't in my letterbox, or up my cat's backside, I don't care.
  • Options
    Why can't we require people to apply for fireworks licences for all days except the three days surrounding and including bonfire night, the nearest friday and saturday, and new years eve? That's the only six nights I can see it as being fair to allow anyone to let off fireworks, the rest of the time it's just bloody annoying.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Kermit
    As long as they aren't in my letterbox, or up my cat's backside, I don't care.

haha..:lol:

We get them once/twise a year.. only fireworks night and the odd birthday, i love the quiet village life
  • Options
    Originally posted by dr_carter
    Why can't we require people to apply for fireworks licences for all days except the three days surrounding and including bonfire night, the nearest friday and saturday, and new years eve? That's the only six nights I can see it as being fair to allow anyone to let off fireworks, the rest of the time it's just bloody annoying.

People will still do it thought, won't stop the kids in streets doing it, they don't care..
  • Options
    Approximately one weekend in every month of the year we get 'em.

It's worse around bonfire night and New Year obviously. And for ages after New Year, 'cause they're all getting rid of the left over ones. Gah.
  • Options
    theres a load of little cheeky bastards running around with bangers this time of year
  • Options
    Originally posted by Hellfire
    haha..:lol:

We get them once/twise a year.. only fireworks night and the odd birthday, i love the quiet village life

You are fucking lucky. Try living in suburbia. You might just as well try and kip in the middle of a ship's engine room.

Why is my work the only place around that's responsible enough to a) ask for ID for anyone who looks under 25 and b) refuse a sale to people we don't like the look of?
  • Options
    Personally I think fireworks are great and should be used on special occassions, but in moderation. It does seem a little early to start setting them off.
  • Options
    Why is my work the only place around that's responsible enough to a) ask for ID for anyone who looks under 25 and b) refuse a sale to people we don't like the look of?

Little thing called money...
  • Options
    Talking to my mate in illi about firworks.. and some of the shit they have over there, M80 fire crackers, and things called Cakes, basicly somethging the size of a plate just filled with firworks..

I suppose we're lucky we dont have them
  • Options
    Originally posted by *x*franki chicken*x*
    Little thing called money...

We have to make a profit too! It's not as if we don't need to sell them to make our turnover.
  • Options
    yeah but it's soooooo easy to get fireworks.. I mean you can get anything if you put your mind to it,
  • Options
    Yeh, I know. But like, they may be more bothered about a good turnover than whether the people they're selling to are the right age or not.
  • Options
    Is the legal age for fireworks 18? :chin:
  • Options
    Originally posted by chaos_insomniac

Yup, but at my work we have to like the look of you as well as see ID.

I'm now a supervisor which means I get a say on whether or not you get fireworks! (not you personally, I mean the public in general)
  • Options
    like it matters :)
  • Options

I wouldn't buy them anyway...I'm too scared of setting myself on fire..
  • Options
    Yup, but at my work we have to like the look of you as well as see ID.

I'm now a supervisor which means I get a say on whether or not you get fireworks! (not you personally, I mean the public in general)

Wooh, if I want to I can buy fireworks this year :D

Is it not a little prejudiced to not sell fireworks to someone not liking the look of them? I look like a decent person, but you never really know if you can trust me ;)
  • Options
    Fireworks have been going off here for the last couple of weekends already as well.

Even got a trick or treater last week. Don't know what the hell he was. He was wearing a towel over his head and a black bag round his waste. Told him to come back on Halloween and to make some effort next time.
  • Options
    Wooh, if I want to I can buy fireworks this year :D

Is it not a little prejudiced to not sell fireworks to someone not liking the look of them? I look like a decent person, but you never really know if you can trust me ;)

Well, the way I see it, alcohol, you mainly hurt yourself, cigarettes, you mainly hurt yourself, but fireworks are very very VERY dangerous objects, and i'd rather be absolutely sure that the client will be responsible with them, rather than sell them to anyone over 18 and end up with them going horizontally down the high street.
  • Options
    Well, the way I see it, alcohol, you mainly hurt yourself, cigarettes, you mainly hurt yourself, but fireworks are very very VERY dangerous objects, and i'd rather be absolutely sure that the client will be responsible with them, rather than sell them to anyone over 18 and end up with them going horizontally down the high street.

I guess so. But you have to be careful, because even people who don't look dodgy very often are. But then you can't decline everyone fireworks, can ya?
  • Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    We've got them already. And the customary chav routine of putting fireworks in phoneboxes/postboxes and we had some criminal using rockets to blow the windows out of a pharmacy.

The joys of Halton Moor.
  • Options
    I guess so. But you have to be careful, because even people who don't look dodgy very often are. But then you can't decline everyone fireworks, can ya?

No, but he uses the special Debrett's algorithm.
  • Options
    Originally posted by JsT
    We've got them already. And the customary chav routine of putting fireworks in phoneboxes/postboxes and we had some criminal using rockets to blow the windows out of a pharmacy.

you're not alone believe me
  • Options

The what now? :eek2:
  • Options

Well, it's all judgement, and we have a three-man team making the decisions whether or not to sell fireworks. However, if someone is 18 but is very obviously going to act like a complete idiot, we are perfectly within our rights, and within moral obligations, to withold sale. For everyone else, we just have to make a decision and just hope, we've done all we can then.
  • Options

Actually, we use a 2 out of 3 majority system, and if 2 people are happy then the sale goes through. It's just how sensible you look. If you look like an arse, you can be 25 and you can still bugger off.
  • Options
    Actually, we use a 2 out of 3 majority system, and if 2 people are happy then the sale goes through. It's just how sensible you look. If you look like an arse, you can be 25 and you can still bugger off.

yeah but some people cant help looking like arses