Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

80% of the world wants Bush to lose

The Guardian newspaper, together with 9 other newspapers representing nations across the globe, has conducted a massive worldwide poll to assert public feelings towards Bush and his Republican government.

The results are conclusive: 80% of people want Bush to lose. Amongst the nations polled only Israel (shock horror!) and Russia said they favoured Bush over Kerry.

The full survey and further info

More proof, if anyone needed any, that George Wanker and his neo-con chums must be the single most hated, dangerous and distrusted US government in history.
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    The thing is though, do the Americans even care?
  • Options
    Roughly half the country would. My nation has become a house divided against itself thanks to the neocons and their lying media mouthpieces.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Renzokuken
    The thing is though, do the Americans even care?

From some of the comments made in the debates, at least, the second debate, they do care. The world is supposed to love america, and when ten major nations turn around and tell them to shove it, it comes as a shock.
  • Options
    Re: 80% of the world wants Bush to lose

Can the results of this survey really be of any surprise? President Bush has done so much to alienate his supporters in the world. Most of the EU countries can't stand him, for a start. I do question however how different John Kerry would be. The USA is pretty divided itself, and that is ultimately the only result that matters.
  • Options
    Originally posted by lukesh
    (Can we have a poll on whether we liked Saddam Hussien or not?)

No doubt Aladdin would say YES to this poll! ;)
  • Options
    Re: Re: Re: 80% of the world wants Bush to lose
    I have read John Kerry's foreign policey on the BBC - hardly any difference from Bushs... so why does the world want Kerry to win so badly?
    he is hardly a great alternative.

hats american politics for you, he seems more multi lateral than bush, and think in a broader scale than just good and evil which in the nature of things dot exist
  • Options
    Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: 80% of the world wants Bush to lose
    it really makes you laugh though..... when people are devoting thier support for Kerry and he isn't any different from Bush!

well you dont have any other choice, so its bush or no bush

the joys of american democracy!
  • Options
    Originally posted by stargalaxy
    No doubt Aladdin would say YES to this poll! ;)
    Originally posted by Lukesh
    Of course

On behalf of Aladdin

stfu6.jpg

Ok?
  • Options
    Of course!
    Dream on boy.

I wasn't the one shaking his hand and selling him WMDs so he could kill all those people... unlike your Republican heroes.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Fiend_85
    On behalf of Aladdin

stfu6.jpg

Ok?
    My turn to bow to you :D
  • Options
    Originally posted by Aladdin
    My turn to bow to you :D

I return the bow sir.
  • Options
    I am suprised to see Russia supporting Bush but there again after their terrorist attack I don't blame them!

What does this poll show that is new to us?
    Absolutley nothing.
    All it is trying to say is look America (people of America), the world hates Bush so don't vote him in.

Let the Americans decide, not us!
    I think most people would be happy to let the Americans decide if it weren't for:

a) The last vestiges of free press and unbiased information have truly been wiped out from the US and those US citizens who do not check out foreign press will have no access to anything resembling the truth about the true nature of their government

b) Unlike most other nations in the world which tend to mind their own businesses, the Republican Party in the US has the most aggressive, interfering and dangerous foreign policy on the planet. The sad fact is the outcome of the US elections will have an effect on billions of people- especially those who might find themselves the victims of the next US war of aggression.

Can we have a poll on whether we liked Saddam Hussien or not?)
    What the flying fuck has that got to do with anything? :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: 80% of the world wants Bush to lose
    Bush - at least he is stable!

Dead is stable. Consitantly wrong is stable. paralysed from the neck up is stable.

So he never changes, powerful like a locomotive, will smash anything in it's path to the ground but you're buggered if you want to steer.

Stable like Bush isn't necessarily a good thing.
  • Options
    There is so much bad press about Bush - still the you and your loonies still can't swing a overwhelming Kerry victory!

Mainstream and underground.
  • Options
    I know...

why don't you and loonies go and campaign for your saviour Kerry to win?

While us Bush supporters lie back and relax! :D

I can't see how anyone, especially from outside the United States can be stupid enough to support that **** Bush.
  • Options
    I know...

why don't you and loonies go and campaign for your saviour Kerry to win?

While us Bush supporters lie back and relax! :D

i know someone that did go and work for the kerry campaign
  • Options
    I can't understand why people are supporting Kerry so so much and there isn't an incrediable difference to surpport this - it's dead funny!

The main reason is because he isn't George Bush Also George W is totally fucking over the poor in the USA.
  • Options
    there is NO crediable differnce mate! How pathetic!

why don't you go and support the Independant?

Well I can't vote anyway so it won't make a difference. I don't think Kerry is going to be as wreckless and a liar like Bush is. I've said it before and i'll say it again, I wish George W would die.
  • Options
    Kerry would not have gone to Iraq.

That is a big difference, going to Iraq had nothing to do with terrorism and more to do with oil and finishing "daddy's work" in getting rid of saddam
  • Options
    there is NO crediable differnce mate! How pathetic!

Are you 14 years old, mate? If not, please try backing up your arguments with fact.

Please tell me how their policies are the same?

Kerry supports greater state intervention. He advocates abolishing the tax cuts Bush implemented for the highest earners and extending the number of people entitled to reduced cost health care. Under Bush 5 million people have lost their healthcare insurance and Kerry wants to reinstate that as well as windening access.

On the environment Kerry seems more committed to reducing pollution - Bush won't even sign the Kyoto agreement. I'm not suggesting Kerry will, but he isn't from an 'oil tycoon' background.
  • Options
    Frankly, the rest of the world know jack shit about long term politics, I suppose things tend to be like that when your biggest concern is finding your next meal.
  • Options
    Your mad!
    Are you denying that Saddam Hussein was America's best friend in the 80s and that the Americans sold him WMDs?
    We certainly know what you and your European freinds would vote for.

Food - oil... catch my drift?
    I repeat, what the fuck does that has to do with anything? Or to be more precise, with the issue at hand, which is the US election?
    I can't understand why people are supporting Kerry so so much and there isn't an incrediable difference to surpport this - it's dead funny!
    In this you are partially right. There is not a lot of difference politically between the two. But there are differences nonetheless. And the main point is that to the best of everyone's knowledge Kerry is not a semi-literate, mad, fundamentalist, warmongering, murdering, lying, cheating scumbag who makes the world a more dangerous place.

That alone is more than sufficient for wanting him to win- or rather, for wanting Bush to lose.
  • Options
    Originally posted by The Matadore
    Frankly, the rest of the world know jack shit about long term politics
    Unlike you and Donald Rumsfeld presumably?

Explain to me again why it is perfectly okay to be friends with people like Saddam Hussein and sell them WMDs one minute, and to wage illegal wars to remove him from power the next minute please...
  • Options
    Originally posted by The Matadore
    I suppose things tend to be like that when your biggest concern is finding your next meal.

None of the countries in which the poll took place were Third World countries though. I don't understand what you are getting at when you say this.

To me, Kerry is the lesser of two evils, rather than a good condidate.
    these last few days have been funny - people tell me why am i supporting bush and then i ask them why are they supporting kerry.... they don't know! :D so funny man!

So you avoid answering questions? That's not like you at all!
  • Options
    What I got from the debates, and what I got from the BBC synopsis are two very different things.

When listening to Kerry, he sounds like a breath of fresh air, but the BBC have lead me to believe that he REALLY isn't that different.

But he is obviously more intelligent, so maybe that works in his favour.

Nader's the man, apparently.
  • Options
    your now contridicting your self.

There is you and Co saying the BBC is the best for journalism now it's biased!

Give me a breat man! looooool

No I'm not. If anything, I'm saying that Kerry is a lying twat for saying one thing and meaning another. Of course, that is assuming that what is on the BBC website is taken from his manifesto, or whether they have drawn up a synopsis from various things he has said.
  • Options
    so in plain English you are saying the BBC is being biased toward the reporting of the US Elections. Which means you are contridicting your self.

No I'm not saying that and I'm not sure how I can make it any simpler so that you understand what I am getting at.
  • Options
    If Kerry was in power instead of Bush we would still be in the exact same postion, Keryr supported the war at the time.

God knows his opinion of it now!

Nope, Kerry supported that Saddam was a risk, but he wanted the US to go through the UN.
  • Options
    he would say that now though wouldn't he?

he is a laughing stock! loool

Not really.
  • Options
    IMO

You find him funny. That's all.