Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

I hate you. ps Can I have £250,000?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru

Comments

• Options
    Re: I hate you. ps Can I have £250,000?
    Originally posted by Kentish
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/wales/south_west/3744292.stm

The cheek of it!
    what a shit.
  • Options
    Well, that's certainly a nice way to treat the relatives, isn't it? :rolleyes: What a prick.
  • Options
    "Neither of you had the emotional capacity to bring up a dog, let alone a child."

Maybe she was an awful woman. Maybe he felt he deserved some compensation for having been brought up by her?

How likely is it that he was well parented?

:confused:
  • Options
    Originally posted by freethepeeps
    "Neither of you had the emotional capacity to bring up a dog, let alone a child."

Maybe she was an awful woman. Maybe he felt he deserved some compensation for having been brought up by her?

Who give's a shit? He was still cheeky enough to ask for a share.
  • Options

I dont think you can tell whether he was well parented or not. His brother seems to think it was ok.
    If he wanted her money, then he shouldnt have written a nasty letter saying he didnt want it.
    simple really.
  • Options

Who cares?

Inheritence isn't a right, it's a choice of the person who leaves a will.

Sounds to me like the arrogant tosser got what he deserved and I salute the old dear. He seems to think that he can treat people like shit then expect them to do his bidding, looks like his mum taught him a good lesson there. Perhaps that answers your "Good parenting" question...
  • Options
    Originally posted by Man Of Kent

Sounds to me like the arrogant tosser got what he deserved and I salute the old dear.

Absolutly, God rest her soul, and may he have inconvienient things happen to him at akward moments.
  • Options
    Okay, I think I get the consensus.

"If you parents are wealthy and they bring you up badly, you should shut up about it and then you can have some of their money.

Expressing your hurt or anger would automatically disqualify you."
  • Options
    Actually, I think you'll find that if you're a little shit that says to your dying mother, (regardless of your upbringing, and lets not forget the other son who seems to be fine,) then you shouldn't say 'I don't want any of your money' and then expect some.
  • Options
    If she was a bad money then surely it wouldn't be wrong for him to get the money, as it'd be as a compensation?

Though when writing that he didn't want to recieve any penny from her he did invite it.
  • Options

"If you parents are wealthy and they bring you up badly, you should shut up about it and then you can have some of their money.

Why should they automatically leave any money to him?

Surely they have the right to decide what happens with their own money?
  • Options

See that's odd, I thought that was the point in having a will, deciding where your money goes...
  • Options

I'm left assuming that you've all been well parented, and are incapable of imagining how a terrible upbringing might affect you for the rest of your life.

Originally posted by Fiend_85
    (regardless of your upbringing, and lets not forget the other son who seems to be fine,)

The other son is irrelevant - there's insufficient information and not everyone responds to an abusive upbringing in the same way.

Some shut up, some sit on it and then explode, some go on to screw their own kids up, some don't, some self-harm, others don't.
  • Options
    You have no idea that he had a bad upbringing.

Regardless, her death bed was not the right time to declare it. At the end of the day it is her money and she is entitled to decide who gets it, no matter how horrible she was.
  • Options
    Absolutly.
  • Options

Regardless, her death bed was not the right time to declare it. At the end of the day it is her money and she is entitled to decide who gets it, no matter how horrible she was.

He said of his mother and late father, "Neither of you had the emotional capacity to bring up a dog, let alone a child."

There is also no context - why did he write the letter, had she said something to him before, the thing about this thread is the willingness to judge the guy before the facts are known.
  • Options
    I'm left assuming that you've all been well parented, and are incapable of imagining how a terrible upbringing might affect you for the rest of your life.

His unbringing is irrelevant and, let's face it, subjective.

The basic principle is that his mother had the right to choose what happened to her money when she died. She chose not to give him any.

Just because he may have had a shit life doesn't give him the right to some inheritence. No-one has the right to expect anything from their forebears when they die.

But in spite of all of that, in spite of the past, the fact that he wrote saying that he didn't want to penny from her makes it a little sad that he then complains that he didn't get any. Indeed he got exactly what he asked her for.
  • Options

But in spite of all of that, in spite of the past, the fact that he wrote saying that he didn't want to penny from her makes it a little sad that he then complains that he didn't get any. Indeed he got exactly what he asked her for.

He didn't say he didn't want a penny from her....... he said he would rather sit in a gutter than ask her for a penny piece.

I couldn't give a damn about whether he has a right to her money or not, its the tabloid style condemnation that gets to me.

Presumably if he didn't believe that his parents didn't have the emotional cap[acity to raise a dog he would never have written the letter in the first place........

tut-tut
  • Options

Presumably if he didn't believe that his parents didn't have the emotional cap[acity to raise a dog he would never have written the letter in the first place........

tut-tut
    well this is true, he may believe that, but even that doesnt make it true.
    my own brother blames my mum for everything that has ever gone wrong in his life. It doesnt mean it IS her fault. Just that hes believing what he wants to believe.
    He was cheeky to contest the will after previously saying he didnt want her money. She was perfectly within her rights to leave her money to whoever she wanted to, expecially in the circumstances (that we know about)
  • Options
    Who cares about whether his parents were bad, and whether he's a shit or not.

He told his mum how much he hated her, said he didn't want her money, and then got all arsey and upset when he realised how much money he was missing out on.

If you want inheritance you are nice to your parents, if you send nasty letters then they won't give you anything.

Seems fair enough to me.
  • Options

Don't make assumptions about people you know nothing about.

Face the fact that there is an overwhelming consensus from a group of conherrant people that he has the right to nothing, indeed inherritance is a gift not something that should be expected.
  • Options
    so he'd "rather sit in the gutter" than ask her for money, yet he's willing to go to court to get a share of it?

i wonder if that makes sense to anyone?

Roberta :thumb:
  • Options
    Originally posted by burnyoureyesout
    so he'd "rather sit in the gutter" than ask her for money, yet he's willing to go to court to get a share of it?

i wonder if that makes sense to anyone?

Roberta :thumb:

Unless she was a court as well as a dead woman, he didn't ask her for money.......
  • Options

Yes but similarly we don't know that he had a great upbringing either. Personally I wouldn't like to pass comment because none of us know. However, if you feel strongly enough to tell your parents in a letter that you don't deem them fit enough to bring up a dog then I'm pretty sure you don't think you were treated very well as a child.
  • Options
    Originally posted by BumbleBee
    However, if you feel strongly enough to tell your parents in a letter that you don't deem them fit enough to bring up a dog then I'm pretty sure you don't think you were treated very well as a child.

It's still irrelevant though.

How shit a mother she was is neitehr hither nor thither.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Kermit

Of course, the idea that parents have any impact whatsoever on the way their children turn out is quite preposterous :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Of course, the idea that parents have any impact whatsoever on the way their children turn out is quite preposterous :rolleyes:

missingthepoint.png

The way in which he was brought up in entirely irrelevant because he has no entitlement to the will. If he wishes to sue for compensation this is a different matter entirely.

As it stands he was cheeky enough to say he wanted nothing and then challenge the will in court.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Kermit

Personally, I think it could have a lot to do with it. Like I said, I don't think we can pass judgement as I'll bet only the minimum facts have been reported.
  • Options

If he can afford the costs of hiring a solicitor to challenge it then I'm sure he's done alright.
    Cheeky ****.
  • Options
    He's a barrister! Surely he has his own money. He said horrible things. No matter what context he did it he said that he doesn't want anything from her.

Either he has a fucking cheek or he thought his mother loved him enough to wash the letter. Obviously the former is more correct.