Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

Sorry if in wrong place but... GREENDAY!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
*gone*
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    There is no cheaper way.

You have to pay the booking fee regardless of who you buy them from.
  • Options
    im getting tickets to see them at the brighton centre - i cant wait ;D

i saw them two years ago at wembley, it was amazing, best evening out of my life.
  • Options
    i'll be at the manchester one, get the bus/train at about 7:30 in the mornin and go an queue up. is alot more fun than it sounds, actually
  • Options
    Already seen them this year.. if they're as good as they was at leeds you will love it..
  • Options
    I'm going to the Manchester show as well hopefully :D getting my tickets tomorrow morning! I've never seen them live before, cuz I've only started getting into them recently after American Idiot, then realising I know some of their old stuff like Basketcase and Good Riddence. They're great.
  • Options
  • Options
    So jelous. Thats the one band I've always wanted to see that I havn't yet.
  • Options
    Originally posted by girl with sharp teeth
    Now I feel old :(

You do?

Makes me feel old when someone refers to Basket Case as 'old stuff' and I remember "Kerplunk" coming out...
  • Options
    Don't woprry, you two, this always happens.

Look at RHCP- everyone "loves" them, but have the heard Mother's Milk? Blood Sugar Sex Magik?

No, didn't think so.
  • Options
    I saw Greenday at Manchester about 3 years ago, it was on the cricket pitch is that where it is now?
    We couldn't go to the Nottingham gig because my then boyfriend for it was on holiday then so we had to go to Manchester.

God that day was so tiring we had to switch trains 3 times just to get to Manchester from Leicester and because of the train times and stuff we got there 8 hours early and had to sit outside all day.

I've not heard the new song american idiot or whatever it's called so no idea if it is any good, I don't think now, Greenday are a band i would go and see, but when i was 14/15 i really loved them.

Oh and i think our tickets were £28 each, and we got them through the post a couple of weeks before the gig.
  • Options
  • Options
    Originally posted by jake0
    i saw them two years ago at wembley, it was amazing, best evening out of my life.
    My advice: Get out more.

They were great at Leeds but when I saw them a couple of years ago they were boring as hell! They spent the whole set chanting 'ahhhh - oooooh' and it was tedious. They also played the same set they played at the festivals that year.

I'm hoping they'll do something other than the obligatory 'get the fans onstage' crap I've seen four times now.
  • Options
    Originally posted by BumbleBee

They were great at Leeds but when I saw them a couple of years ago they were boring as hell! They spent the whole set chanting 'ahhhh - oooooh' and it was tedious. They also played the same set they played at the festivals that year.

I'm hoping they'll do something other than the obligatory 'get the fans onstage' crap I've seen four times now.

err get out more?

you do realise different people have different music tastes, what one person thinks crap another person thinks is amazing.

I thought green day were amazing two years ago then and i still do, i didnt hear one complaint about that show, everyone i spoke to loved it, and i did too ;p

it was truely the best evening out i had ever had. and still is ;D
  • Options
    *gone*
  • Options
    gotta get two tix-one is my bro's xmas pressie-not bad he'll be getting a lot of moneys worth!
  • Options
    I saw them at Reading a couple of years ago. They were ok :p

And Kermit, i don't 'love' RHCP. But i own Blood Sugar Sex Magik. Is it not owned by people now then?
  • Options
    *gone*
  • Options
    *gone*
  • Options
    MEN Arena?

I'm not sure why, but I'll be there! Even better, I had to order my own because there are thirteen of us, so depending on how strict they are, I'll be sitting on own. YES!
  • Options
    Originally posted by jake0
    err get out more?

you do realise different people have different music tastes, what one person thinks crap another person thinks is amazing.

I like the band. I own all of their CDs... every single last one (except Warning, *shudder*). What I quite obviously meant was that listing one fif you went to as the best night of your life is rather... well... indicative of a sheltered life.
  • Options
    *gone*
  • Options
    Originally posted by Kermit

Look at RHCP- everyone "loves" them, but have the heard Mother's Milk? Blood Sugar Sex Magik?

No, didn't think so.

Only 2 good albums they ever did.

Greenday are shit btw.
  • Options
    I like the band. I own all of their CDs... every single last one (except Warning, *shudder*). What I quite obviously meant was that listing one fif you went to as the best night of your life is rather... well... indicative of a sheltered life.

no, just someone whos really into music ;p
  • Options
  • Options
    what a morning! Got up in time to get ready for work before the waut for the tix- 90min on 3 sites online, 2 phones on the go and no luck-then get thru and no standing left. So annoyed but went on ebay and got two for £90-may be about £30 more but i guess I have them now and I know they will cost a lot more later on! I didnt even have this hassle with britney or bonjovi-never thought that the phone lines would be THAT busy!

Still even tho they cost me £30 more, I got them and they were the bros xmas pressie so had to have them! Theoretically I made £70 on ebay this month so I only gotta pay £20 so I don't mind havibg to pay extra!

Anyway woop and got the new cd now-well the bro did and its great!
  • Options
    Bloody typical_you know if you go to buy tickets off teh net and the transcation doesn't give you a final nuber/confirmation/even says you have purchased them-you tend to think oh crap its broke I can't get any. But no I have had an email telling me I have got some-so now I have to pay for two off ebay that I don't even blody need! Grr thats £47 each for me and my bro down the drain! Am despertaley emailing my mates now asking if they all got one but am so annoyed at the tickets site I used as it kept sayiong error and NOWHERE did it tell me I had purchased them-the first time it said "error" the second time it said they had sld out so couldn't be processed-am so annoyed as I am gonna be severly outta pocket!!
  • Options
    I've seen them twice, Wembley 2001 and Reading this year. Both were amazing, and I'm even considering going to one of the London shows even though I don't listen to them that much anymore.
  • Options
    *sold my spare tickets thank god-a 16 yr old mate off another site I go on who lives near me*

I;m very relived now-and also have a new concert buddie!
  • Options
    its alot easier if u can get to the venue on the mornin the tickets go on sale. just set off earlyish (i got there at about 8:30). theres usually a queue, but theres no booking fee, and u'll save a hell of a lot of money than u seem to have spent.

obviously, if u can't get there cuz u live further away from the venue than i do, this doesnt apply to you.
  • Options

Stop trying so hard to be argumentative.

Most people's "best night ever" will be something that everyone else will think as lame.

Get over it.