Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

Virus messages

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi
I just got ntl broadband installed on my laptop, and it seems to be working fine. However on certain webpages I get a pop up from my anti virus software (sophos) that says i have a virus and "access to the infected file is denied". I've run the anti virus software a couple of times but it doesnt find anything. The pop ups say that the virus has been found in the "internet explorer" folder. Any ideas?
ta

Comments

• Options
    Re: Virus messages
    Originally posted by PinkFeatherBoa
    Hi
    I just got ntl broadband installed on my laptop, and it seems to be working fine. However on certain webpages I get a pop up from my anti virus software (sophos) that says i have a virus and "access to the infected file is denied". I've run the anti virus software a couple of times but it doesnt find anything. The pop ups say that the virus has been found in the "internet explorer" folder. Any ideas?
    ta

spyware:confused:
  • Options
    Could it be an IE trojan? Im not too clever in viruses but if i were you i would sort that out pretty damn quick because IE is risky to your computer by itself let alone with a virus.
  • Options
    Am pretty computer illiterate...

I dont know what spyware is.

And i also dont know what an IE trojan is...or how to get rid of it!
  • Options
    It's nothing to do with ntl. Best guess without knowing the webpage in question is that it's your browser.

Switch to FireFox. You know it makes sense!