Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

Should it be 50/50?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Girls, whats your opinion of ur bf/brothers/mates cleaning up and doing general household tasks and cooking? Do you think it should be 50/50 or do you think its a woman's job to do it?

Guys, what's your opinions?

Since i have moved in with my bf, its kinda 50/50 although there are times when I do more cleaning around the house. He's good cos he can cook and he makes really yummy meals and when he does clean, he does it well.

Comments

• Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    Wife: Washing, Ironing, Feeding, etc.

Says it all. :p
  • Options
    Women are usually better at it in my experience, so it's best just to let her get on with it.

No problem.
  • Options
    i cook clean etc.
    i don't make beds.
    i build repair maintain grow.
    i help look after my daughter.
    tommorow will be spent underneath a car.
    the day after ...power washing the patio and windows.
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    Speaking in theory only, I think each one should do whatever they're best at. Split the workload and there's a lot more of free time.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Zalbor
    Speaking in theory only, I think each one should do whatever they're best at. Split the workload and there's a lot more of free time.

:yes:

although in theory, not that i agree with this, if the guy gives the girl all the jobs he has more free time ;~)
  • Options
    Originally posted by Zalbor

Absolutely. Well, if it works out like that ;)

When I'm at home, my boyfriend and I split the housework. He does the cooking, washes the dishes, cleans the windows. I do our washing, ironing, changing bedding, vacuuming, dusting. I would also say I do a lot more general tidying than he does, but maybe he would disagree :p

At University, we all do our fair share...in theory anyway. Everyone obviously takes care of their own room, washes the dishes they use and whoever notices the bag is full is supposed to take the washing out. Someone is supposed to hoover the living room, kitchen, stairs etc twice a week...but it never works out to be that often.

These are both immensely more fair than my parents' routine, which always involved my mum doing all of the cooking, cleaning and childcare as well as working as many hours as my dad.

edited to fix shameful grammar :eek2:
  • Options
    Originally posted by JsT
    Wife: Washing, Ironing, Feeding, etc.

Says it all. :p

:impissed:
  • Options
    Originally posted by Bri-namite
    Women are usually better at it in my experience, so it's best just to let her get on with it.

No problem.

• Options
    to anyone that thinks its a womans jobb :impissed:
  • Options
    I do most housework. Mr RB does hoover sometimes, but thats about it, hes a lazy fucker when it comes to chores.
    He does work full time though, whereas I only work part time.
    Its definitely unfair but its just worked out like that.
  • Options
    Its a womans job definetly!
  • Options
    Well, when I've stayed at my blokes a few nights in a row, I end up tidying because I hate mess that just lies there for a good while.

I make the meals, and tidy up.

He does all the washing. :D

I prefer to do those because I know things get done properly. I'm a bit silly like that. :blush:

ETA - He does make me cups of tea/coffee anytime I want. Even when the Hoops are on! As longs as I promise him a blowjob at the end of the night.. :razz: Haha, jk.
  • Options
    Right im gonna be honest here, in our house i do most things, he does the likes of painting and decorating, house repairs etc and I do everyything elss. But Im at home all day.
    He does make me a cuppa sometimes like....but thats when hes after sommat :D
  • Options
    It could be 50 50 but it doesn't have to be.

Dead mouse issues are 100% his though.

As I don't live with my boyfriend I guess it doesn't apply that much.

He is good at cooking pot noodle for me though.
  • Options
    I can't cook.
    Always screw up the washing.
    I can iron just about. I can hoover. Though hate it.
    Hmmm... what else?! I can wash dishes.

I ain't too fust on how clean the house is; so long as it doesn't smell and you can actually see the floor. I aint too picky.

Yes, I'd be a terrible housewife. Even when I lived with my mate for while, I drove her up the wall with my mess as she was a bit like Monica from Friends. Everything had to be at its place. :-/
  • Options
    I dont care to be honest. If my partner wanted to stay in work, I would consider staying at home, cleaning looking after kids, and whatever. I'm a very modern guy! :D
  • Options
    Cooking, cleaning, ironing and gardening is woman's work.

Drinking beer is man's work.

If everyone remembered that the world would be a much better place :thumb:
  • Options
    Well i live with my dad, and to be honest he probabaly does a bit more than me.
    I do the washing while he does the hoovering and general cleaning of the house, and we both iron, cook and wash up our own things.
    With my boyfriend (who is round like everyday) I cook his dinner and he washes up, i call that pretty much 50/50 :p