Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

grr... can't sleep...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
was absolutely shattered earlier, about to go to bed and get early night's sleep, and then ex phoned and i spent 2 hours on the phone to her making sure she wasn't gonna do anything stupid again.

about to go bed again afetr that, and then had to counsel one of my best mates on msn as he's having huge relationship prolems.

now i am knackered and yet awake. got a job interview in the morning and then i am off to tidy weekender for 3 days of hard house, dancing, chalet parties and recreationals.

today (thursday) was the first day i had off from doing anything since the previous thursday. i think i may end up dying in prestatyn, knowing my willpower and knowing what my mates are like.

end of whinge, you may proceed as normal now...

Comments

• Options
    Ah, that overtired sort of situation. I get that. :(
    People say "don't nap in the evening, or you won't sleep later" But if I do stay awake, I can get to that point where suddenly I can't sleep at all, feel shattered, get little sleep, then have to work the next day while feeling totally shattered and dead on my feet.
    Now I just think sod it, if I can't keep my eyes open, I'll have a nap, and it'll take as long as it takes. That's what happened earlier. At 7.30 I couldn't physically keep my eyes open any longer, so napped - until about 10.30. Now I can't sleep. :( But I'm just getting the first feelings of drowsyness now, so will be off soon, get a few hours, and will make it through the day tomorrow. Better than risking gettting over tired.
    Not much I can suggest really. Put some relaxing music (prefferably instumental) on, lower the lighting in the room a bit. Do something that's not too taxing on your mind - read if you're alert enough. Keep the music on very low and try to go to sleep - you can listen to the music rather than having your mind think.
  • Options
    unfortunately i have tried all of this and it don't seem to be working much. may as well get off puter in a bit and start to pack clothes and work out where to stash stuff.
  • Options
    Don't do anything too physical, or that'll get your whole body and system active. Don't start lugging stuff around. Just do something that allows you to rest and chill, and wait until your mind becomes tired enough.
  • Options
    right, dim room, lie down, put some trance on and at least give my brain a rest even if it's not proper sleep i think.

nighty night mr wobble :)
  • Options
    Originally posted by Maladjusted
    right, dim room, lie down, put some trance on and at least give my brain a rest even if it's not proper sleep i think.

nighty night mr wobble :)
    Trance? I wouldn't describe trance as relaxing! :no: I usually go for chill out mixes, or Jean Michel Jarre/Vangelis/Mike Oldfield. They usually do the trick.

Anyway, I'm off to bed. Night night!
  • Options
    Trance is relaxing when you're a hard house monkey such as myself. or more used to listening to ska-punk/metal :p