Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

Periodical problem with the boards

Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
Every once in a while, I'll log on and see that all posts that were unread the previous time I came, are once again marked as unread, while I had read them. The only solution I've found to that is clicking on "Mark all forums as read" in the main forum page, but some time afterwards the same thing happens again.
I suspect it has something to do with cookies, but I don't know how to solve it once and for all...

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Are you using broadband or dial up?

If your on dial up then you can get different ip addresses each time you log on so you don' log into the site automatically or the site gets confused about the last time you visited.
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    Originally posted by Wyetry
    Are you using broadband or dial up?

If your on dial up then you can get different ip addresses each time you log on so you don' log into the site automatically or the site gets confused about the last time you visited.
    I'm on dial-up, but I don't think that's the problem. For one the site uses cookies to identify users, and also if that was the problem this would happen more often.