Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

kids banned

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
from th Mcdonalds @ Asda! just on the local news...not sure if they are fully banned or if it's just lunch time. Mcdonald's idea, what do you think of this?
Asda is full of just as bad for you food anyway!!

Comments

• Options
    Is it because of the 'eating heathy' thing or becuase they are being little shits while they're there?
  • Options
    Originally posted by Miss Elmo
    Is it because of the 'eating heathy' thing or becuase they are being little shits while they're there?
    the eating healthy thing as they are allowed in Asda
  • Options
    it wouldnt be the eating healthy, very likely wont be the lunchtime rush either cause mcdonalds makes a constant bomb load off money of them in term time, and thats gonna go on as long as there are kids that eat mcdonalds at the schools

i think its because they have had problems with poo heads

and if its for any reason different than i have said, or i am wrong, then mcdonalds are doing something right for once, which makes me wonder what they are up to
  • Options
    Originally posted by MrG
    it wouldnt be the eating healthy, very likely wont be the lunchtime rush either cause mcdonalds makes a constant bomb load off money of them in term time, and thats gonna go on as long as there are kids that eat mcdonalds at the schools

i think its because they have had problems with poo heads

and if its for any reason different than i have said, or i am wrong, then mcdonalds are doing something right for once, which makes me wonder what they are up to
    the eating healthy thing as they are allowed in Asda
    it was about healthy eating, I just watched it. Sorry, I should have made it clearer.
  • Options
    Doesn't really make sense though does it? Like you say you can buy all the shit of the day in Asda.

Might work with some kids I suppose. If they can't get a burger they might buy a sarnie or something!
  • Options
    the time it took me to write my post you had allready replied

so are mcdonalds going to ban every kid in the country from its stores, cause if they dont, in this current day and age i see the fat kids suing mcdonalds for the right to be fat

oh dear lord another anything goes thread i have corrupted into a politics one
  • Options
    it's strange, they are having a 4 week trial. It's right near a school you see. I'll watch the news properly later.
  • Options
    Interesting! Better than the chippie next to the local school here that actually does lunchtime specials for the school kids only!
  • Options
    I saw it on the news last night aswell. I don't know if it's a new asda or an old one, but there's a McDonalds in it, and loads of people have been complaining because it's near about 10 schools or something. So for the 4 week trial they're not allowing anyone under 16 to buy anything from McDonalds without a parent/guardian between 9am and 3pm I think. So it's just stopping the kids being able to buy McDonalds at lunchtime.
  • Options
    The irony is that many supermarket sandwhiches acutally have more fat in them than a McDonalds Hamburger or something silly like that - though I guess you get the token bit of lettice in a sandwhich and by time you have added on chips etc to the hamburger - hummmmm
  • Options
    When will people come to accept that a bit of fat is good for you?

*sigh*

Everything has fat in it, unless you want to eat a lettuce and celery sandwich (no spread or sauce) made out of friggin Ryvita. And who'd want to eat that?
  • Options
    I hate shit like this. The people behind it are fucking retarded if they think it's gonna make kids' eat any healthier. They'll eat what they want, when they want to. Besides, who are they to tell people what they can and can't eat?
  • Options
    Its rediculous. You arent going to stop kids eating what they WANT to eat are you.
  • Options
    Why are the kids not in school though? Or was my school the only one that said you have to stay in the school grounds?
  • Options
    :rolleyes: They'll probably just buy doughnuts or something instead.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Godders
    Why are the kids not in school though? Or was my school the only one that said you have to stay in the school grounds?

In my school you were suppose to, but no-one took any notice of it.

Teachers didnt want to have to guard every single entrance to the school so everyone just used to leave the grounds at lunchtimes and stuff and go down the chippy.
  • Options
    Never happened in my school. My school was the most open school in the world, but if you were seen outside school grounds the twattish posh neighbours would ring up the school. And local shops would refuse to serveyou
  • Options
    Re: kids banned
    Originally posted by VinylVicky
    from th Mcdonalds @ Asda! just on the local news...not sure if they are fully banned or if it's just lunch time. Mcdonald's idea, what do you think of this?
    Asda is full of just as bad for you food anyway!!

Is it?!
  • Options
    Re: Re: kids banned
    Originally posted by confuciooos
    Is it?!

Nooo, they only sell apples and skimmed milk.