Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

Something you cannot compare

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Most things you can can compare. An orange looks like a tangerine. A Mars looks like a Snickers bar.

But. The one thing you can never compare is.... getting kicked in the nads and a woman giving birth. Your gonna get woman tell you that giving birth is very panful and then your gonna get a bloke say that getting kicked in the nackers is as painful, but can you REALLY compare both types of pain?

Comments

• Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    Re: Something you cannot compare
    Originally posted by Felix Da Housecat
    Most things you can can compare. An orange looks like a tangerine. A Mars looks like a Snickers bar.

But. The one thing you can never compare is.... getting kicked in the nads and a woman giving birth. Your gonna get woman tell you that giving birth is very panful and then your gonna get a bloke say that getting kicked in the nackers is as painful, but can you REALLY compare both types of pain?
    You can't, unless you remember your past lives (if such a thing exists) or sex change operations in the future actually change your sex.
    But that which you said is only an example. There are many other things you can't compare. Would anyone know if it feels worse to die by getting shot or by getting knived?
  • Options
    Felix, out of a strange curiousity, would you mind explaining why you actually posted this thread?
  • Options
    Wouldn't getting kicked in the nads be more appropriately compared to getting boxed in the wa-zoo?
    Trust me. That kills too:p

As for birth vs. nads kick: a kick only lasts a few seconds. The pain maybe an hour or so (depending on the severity of the kick), correct? So maybe birth would be better compared to being repeatedly kicked in the groin for oh, say a day or so.;)

I have heard that passing a kidney stone is pretty close to giving birth.
  • Options
    Re: Something you cannot compare
    Originally posted by Felix Da Housecat

you not seen the film with arnie in, junior i think it was

so the concept of man giving birth could match with the woman thing
  • Options
    Originally posted by MrG
    The concept of man giving birth could match with the woman thing

Men can give birth? :eek2:
  • Options
    admittedly there was a film about it, but,,,,,,,,,,,,it was poo
  • Options
    There was a film about men giving birth? :eek2:
  • Options
    i think your post whoring now cause i have made it clear so far :P

yes arnie was pregnant
  • Options
    Pain is a purely subjective emotion, it can not be compared in anyway.
  • Options
    Originally posted by bongbudda
    Pain is a purely subjective emotion, it can not be compared in anyway.

Absolutly. Even two people experiencing the same thing. A half inch steel staple embedded in their thumb to the hoop, for example. May be reacted to totally differently.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Fiend_85
    Absolutly. Even two people experiencing the same thing. A half inch steel staple embedded in their thumb to the hoop, for example. May be reacted to totally differently.

Yeah, that just reminded me of people who staple their fingers together. WHY? WHY DO YOU DO THIS?! And then run over to me and show meeeee?!

Uh...topic? We will never know. Relish the mystery.
  • Options
    Dude, why do they do that? I was thinking industrial accident!
  • Options
    I expect they compare in the fact theyre both painful. Apart from that theyre not comparable, because even two births are not going to be alike in terms of pain. A birth isnt X amount of pain and a kick in the goolies Y amount of pain. Pain is subjective depending on the person, their own tolerance, their own situation, fear etc. Im sure for some people a kick in the nuts is more painful than some births.
    They dont usually prepare you with pethidine and epidurals for kicks in the nuts. That might be something to consider too.
  • Options
    Originally posted by rainbow brite
    even two births are not going to be alike in terms of pain.

Quite true. They're not, trust me.
  • Options
    you can't compare the feeling of walking through a autumn park, alone.......

nor can you compare the feeling of first love.
  • Options
    Originally posted by twisted_trinity
    you can't compare the feeling of walking through a autumn park, alone.......

Yes you can. You could compare it to walking through the park alone on a summers day and note that it's a bit chillier.
  • Options
    Re: Re: Something you cannot compare
    Originally posted by Zalbor
    You can't, unless you remember your past lives (if such a thing exists) or sex change operations in the future actually change your sex.
    But that which you said is only an example. There are many other things you can't compare. Would anyone know if it feels worse to die by getting shot or by getting knived?
    good description:cool:
  • Options
    Originally posted by Infinite
    Yes you can. You could compare it to walking through the park alone on a summers day and note that it's a bit chillier.

Heh!

I know what you mean twisted, I think.... summer's not the same feeling AT ALL! But then you have to have a soul to realise that. ;)
  • Options
    Originally posted by Miffy
    Heh!

I know what you mean twisted, I think.... summer's not the same thing AT ALL! But then you have to have a soul to realise that. ;)

:(

:p
  • Options
    Originally posted by Fiend_85
    Dude, why do they do that? I was thinking industrial accident!

Some people do it for the skit!!

WHY?!
  • Options
    Cause they've watched too much Dirty Sanchez/Jackass type crap and they think it's cool.