Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

Your first memory

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
OK so what is everyone's first memory?

Mine was when I was about 3 and we were taking off from an airport in Kuwait. I was staring out the window at all the on the raods and thinking about how small everything was.

Comments

• Options
    Clear one was when I was about 4 and part of my living room ceiling collapsed in, I had just moved out the way of where it happened and everything.
  • Options
    Believe it or not my first memory is of being pushed in my pram and my mum stopping to talk to some woman and them both looking in at me.
  • Options
    My first really clear memory has got to be my old house in Australia :)

edit: actually, i remember sneaking into my gran's room when i was about 3 to play with her lipstick only to find her dentures on her desk =)
  • Options
    Pulling a great chunk of Lizzy's hair out and sticking it above my bed with sellotape...I was like 4.

We were vicious little cows when we were kids!!
  • Options
    erm, studying a poster i used to have on my bedroom door (of one of the weetabix men, anyone remember them???)

we moved out of that flat when i was 3...
  • Options
    i must have been really young, but i remember being in my cot and feeling really alone and crying, my gran coming up and carrying me down a set of stairs which had green carpet on them, we moved out of my first house (which had green carpet) when i was 18 months
  • Options
    A sheep eating the buttons off a hideous white macintosh I was wearing while I was on holiday in Somerset. I was 2 I think. I have a photo of it somewhere.
  • Options
    waking up in my room there now after a 17 year acid trip

seriously though, lighting my living room carpet on fire when i was 4
  • Options
    I remember bits of my dad, He left when I was really young
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    My first memory... It's quite clear an image, it seems a bit like a movie with no sound.
    I'm on a red baby chair thing, and judging from the height I must be on the table. In the kitchen, and my mum keeps dipping the spoon into some cream and feeding it to me, again and again, all the while talking. But I remember no sound.
    That must have been when I was less than a year old.
  • Options
    Don't remember what ages, but I have like, memories from being in my pram. I do have this odd sorta recollection thing, but I wasn't me. It's like, I was in my cot like a little baby, then I sorta zoomed out saw everything in the room, as it was getting on in evening. Told my mum about it and where everything was and what it all looked like, even colours and such and she told me that I was perfectly right but was really a diddle baby when the room was set out like that. Sorta spooky- OO OUT OF BODY EXPERIENCE...or not...:p

MaltMunk xx :D
  • Options
    My first memory....that's a toughie.

I think my first memory was in my old house when I was about 4, and a gigantic spider crawled up my quilt towards my face. I lept out of bed sceaming and told mum, who came in and looked for it but couldn't find it, so I went back to bed with my eyes wide open in complete terror. It must've been a good hour before I slept that night. :eek2:
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    Originally posted by malteser monkay
    Don't remember what ages, but I have like, memories from being in my pram. I do have this odd sorta recollection thing, but I wasn't me. It's like, I was in my cot like a little baby, then I sorta zoomed out saw everything in the room, as it was getting on in evening. Told my mum about it and where everything was and what it all looked like, even colours and such and she told me that I was perfectly right but was really a diddle baby when the room was set out like that. Sorta spooky- OO OUT OF BODY EXPERIENCE...or not...:p

MaltMunk xx :D
    Believe it or not, but at some parts of the memory I described above I can actually "see" both my mum and me, as if I was standing at a distance... And I can remember being in the pram and bored very clearly.
  • Options
    Crying in a phone booth. We were at a fireworks display in New York and it was very loud.

So I must have been two years old. :(

After that, it's my third birthday, and I had a plastic wind-up toy cake walking along the table.
  • Options
    Most of my early memories are of feelings rather than pictures. My first memory was an eye operation I had when I was just two... all I really remember is the feeling of wanting my parents to go home, because I wanted to be all grown up... my mum is still devastated by the memory of her two year old telling her to leave her overnight!
  • Options
    When I was being pushed in my pram in our old street, I promised myself I'd remember this moment when I'd grow up.

It was all autumny too. Aw. Must have been about 1 or so.
  • Options
    To be honest, my first memory that I can think of would be at that theme park place up north called Lightwater Valley (I think?), near Ripon or whatever is it - or am I thinking of somewhere else?

But yeah anyway, I was on the grass with my childhood mate Ryan while our mums went on this rollercoaster. The scary thing is I must have been about 6 or so, I seriously don't think I can remember anything at all before that.

That's actually quite worrying. :eek:
  • Options
    I remember having a massive temper tantrum in Playgroup when I was 4 or 5.

Still just as much of a stroppy bastard to this day :thumb:
  • Options
    I have a couple of memories, but I'm not sure which was first. I was about three. I was on a friend of the families farm, and fell into a muddy ditch with my fluffy Basil Brush. The other memory was sat on the bed with my Mum & Dad, my Mum being heavily pregnant, and coming up with names for my brother. I'm sure I mentioned his name.
  • Options
    I sware i can remember seeing my grandad wiping my ears with soloution when i had my ears pierced...but it cant be true cos i was 6 months old at the time!!!:eek2:
  • Options
    My first memory was when I was three. I was out with my mum and our dog at the time, Lassie, going to a nearby beach. In order to get there, one has to go through a section of very rough terrain. On that day, vipers were out. Had it not been for Lassie, I would have been bitten by one of them. She pushed me out of the way and took them on! I still remember Lassie very fondly today. :)
  • Options
    Originally posted by stargalaxy
    My first memory was when I was three. I was out with my mum and our dog at the time, Lassie, going to a nearby beach. In order to get there, one has to go through a section of very rough terrain. On that day, vipers were out. Had it not been for Lassie, I would have been bitten by one of them. She pushed me out of the way and took them on! I still remember Lassie very fondly today. :)

Dude, that was a TV program...
  • Options
    Originally posted by Lemur

That was not a TV programme! We had a dog here in the late 1980s into the early 1990s called Lassie. We also had an Alsatian called Rebel.
  • Options
    Originally posted by stargalaxy
    That was not a TV programme! We had a dog here in the late 1980s into the early 1990s called Lassie. We also had an Alsatian called Rebel.

Did you have a dolphin called Flipper and a kangaroo called Skipper as well?
  • Options
    Did you have a dolphin called Flipper and a kangaroo called Skipper as well?

Oh, shut up!
  • Options
    Originally posted by welsh_mosher
    erm, studying a poster i used to have on my bedroom door (of one of the weetabix men, anyone remember them???)

yep, the weetabix man! He was called crunch! My mum has a heeeeuge teddy of him thats she won(in my name) when i was a baby and we reckon its prob worth summat!

anyway early memorys, i too remember being oushed in my buggy, with a raincover on, in my town centre walking past woolies! Plus a pair of musical slippers when i was about 3!

ETA: think i actually ahve memories from being younger! I remember my baby niece in her cot in my spare room in my old house(bad grammar - sorry) and apparently that was when i was one, they havent been here since then(they live in canada!) also remember my aunties old house, can describe the back room(had steps up to dining table and mahaognany 'fence' around it) and apparently she moved when i was two
  • Options
    Originally posted by stressedstar
    i remember eating strawberries when i was about 3, and thinking that i dont like them but better eat them or my mum would be mad at me.

also having care bear wallpaper in my room and playing with my "my little ponies"

my god, carebears wallpaper! was it carebears on clouds?! coz i had that in my bedroom, and my mum decorated my toybox in it!(more memories!!!)
  • Options

Classic :lol:

I remember being left at school and crying my eyes out all day for my mum. I was about 3 1/2 so i'd guess that's one of the first memories.

I remembered last night about cutting off one of my ponytails when i was about 5. Fnar. Ended up with a fringe and a classy bob instead of long curly hair :D
  • Options
    My first memory was when i was about 3 and my dad put a giant lamp shade on my head... there is a photo to show it as well but i definately remembered it happening before i saw the photo like 13yrs later....
  • Options
    Photos? Don't remind me! There's a picture of me in this house taken at six months old when I posed naked. :banghead: