Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

20 things to do at mcdonalds

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
1. Drive through the drive-thru in reverse and let your passenger order.

2. Ask the price of almost everything on the menu and then order something that you didn't ask the price for.

3. Tell the employee that your window is broken. Order and then pay with your door open. When the food comes, roll down the window and snatch your order from their hands.

4. Go to McDonald's and demand a big breakfast at 11:30 at night. Put up a fight.

5. Pay for a large order in pennies.

6. Drive in circles around the drive through, ording just one item of your order each time you pass the window. For added fun, change clothes, hairstyles, glasses and fake beards with each pass.

7. When asked if they can take your order, tell them you are just window-shopping and drive on.

8. Leave a big 4 litre bottle of ketchup on your dashboard. When asked if you would like ketchup with your meal, laugh sadistically for a few seconds, then adopt a serious expression and gesture to the bottle on your dashboard.

9. Ask the cashier how they fit into that little box.

10. Drive up to the window. Then, without saying anything, produce a tape-measure. Measure all aspects of the window, make a note of the measurements in a notebook, then drive off.

11. Demand to speak to the manager. When they come out, complain that you did not like the way the employee said, "May I take your order?"

12. When asked if they can take your order say, "No." Then wind up your window and just sit there staring straight ahead.

13. If they ask you to wait, order anyway and keep doing it till they yell at you.

14. Order 10 large milkshakes. When they arrive, get out of your car, open the bonnet and pour 9 of the milkshakes into the oil filler. Place the remaining milkshake onto the pavement, and stare solemnly at it for three or four minutes with your head bowed. Then drive off. Circle the block for 1 minute, then drive back and do it again.

15. When asked to pay for your order produce a huge bucket of pennies. Attempt to hand the heap of change to the cashier, but 'accidentally' drop it all over the pavement. Spend 10-15 minutes picking it all up, then when you have collected it all, pay by credit card.

16. Attempt to barter for your food. Offer CDs, Cassettes or anything else you have in your car (including friends and family members).

17. Don't order when they come on. Just sit there. If a line forms behind you, get out of the car and cause a scene.

18. When they hand you your food, hand them a bag with all the trash from your car in it.

19. Just stare at them when you pay and get your food. Don't break your stare.

20. Honk your horn the whole way through the line.

Comments

• Options
    :lol:

Those first 10 or so had me in stitches. Could just imagine someone doing that ti wind them up.
  • Options
    Re: 20 things to do at mcdonalds
    Originally posted by spartaalbion
    18. When they hand you your food, hand them a bag with all the trash from your car in it.

I've actually done that. Handed back a McD's bag that had been sitting in my car for about a week with empty wrappers and a black chip. :yuck:
  • Options
    its been well over a year since i stopped working for them, but i can safely say ive seen most of them happen
  • Options
    don't be surpised fi they spit in your food
  • Options
    Originally posted by ~*STRESSED*~
    ...or cover them in grease, or over salt your fries or fill your drink cups full of ice so you have nothing to drink...

but that's not really an insult like wiping them on the floor is though - they do those things as a matter of course and call it service...
  • Options
    There was maccy d in swadlincote got shut down cause a woman got thrush from a burger :(
  • Options
    that is the one thing that annoys me is those bullshit stories you keep hearing about mcdonalds, for a start most of the stupid fools still eat at mcdonalds so it cant bother them that much, even though they rant on about it, yet like with the thrush and the burger how do people honestly believe that shit?
  • Options
    That does seem like rather a bizarre claim.
  • Options
    you don't have to believe it

but is it possible to make something like THAT up?

Besides, have you ever been down Swad?
  • Options
    I'm still confused as to why so many staff are needed in MacDonalds' anyway.. I mean surely they can replace a lot of the actions involved in making a burger with some kind of machine?
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    Originally posted by dr_carter
    they do those things as a matter of course and call it service...

It's time to stop talking bollocks again.

Everybody seems to have a mate who has a horror story about Maccas but 99.9% of it is complete jank.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    Originally posted by googles
    you don't have to believe it

but is it possible to make something like THAT up?

Besides, have you ever been down Swad?

Nothing beyond the boundaries of the human imagination is impossible to make up. Surely that would be obvious?!?
  • Options
    Originally posted by Skive
    It's time to stop talking bollocks again.

Everybody seems to have a mate who has a horror story about Maccas but 99.9% of it is complete jank.

Well they do tend to put far too much salt on their chips. They very often put far too much ice in cups. Everything there is covered in grease. It's not bollocks.
  • Options
    Originally posted by dr_carter
    Well they do tend to put far too much salt on their chips. They very often put far too much ice in cups. Everything there is covered in grease. It's not bollocks.

I agree with that, the food isn't the healthiest option. The food isn't always qualtity - most fast food isn't
    But the scare stories of people wanking in you Chicken Sarnie is frankly bollocks.

Macca's standerds are very high. I'd be far more worried about the meals you get in pubs and other resturants where all the cooking goes on behind closed doors. Just because a resturant looks nice, doen't mean to say the kitchen is gleaming.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    Some stories are jerk, some aren't. The stopry about the McChicken sarnie without mayo is bolox, so are many.

But then I'm told it's amazing how many staff add their own special ingredients into the burgers. Hmm, jism, yummy.
  • Options
    im getting a breakfast tommorow, they better not burn the muffin again :mad:

i love mcdonalds breakfast, or a nice maccy d's when your upset :)
  • Options
    Originally posted by Kermit
    But then I'm told it's amazing how many staff add their own special ingredients into the burgers. Hmm, jism, yummy.

I can't really see someone going to the trouble of doing that in a kitchen in full view of other crew members and customers. You just wouldn't get the chance to do that.
    If anything it's less likely to go on in a maccas kitchen then a kitchen in any other resturant or food establishment.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    Re: 20 things to do at mcdonalds

Alternatively, one could just not go to McDonalds.
  • Options
    I can't really see someone going to the trouble of doing that in a kitchen in full view of other crew members and customers. You just wouldn't get the chance to do that.

GWST used to work for Burger King at Moto Southwaite, and it happened. Quite a few times.
  • Options
    GWST used to work for Burger King at Moto Southwaite, and it happened. Quite a few times.

I thought we were just talking about McDonalds - somewhere where I've worked.
    I don't know about Burger King but at both macca's that I've worked at you just wouldn't get the chance to do that without being noticed.
    And really why would you think that the staff at macca's woudl be more likely to do that than staff in any other resturant?
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    Who actually wants to work at McDonalds? Is it really any good working there?
  • Options
    I dunno about Macca's, but at BK they saw but just didn't care.

I don't think it's more likely- apparently one curry hosue in bradford was closed down after inspectors found something like 25 different special protein ingredients in a curry...
  • Options
    I don't think it's more likely- apparently one curry hosue in bradford was closed down after inspectors found something like 25 different special protein ingredients in a curry...

Apparently.
    Not saying it didn't happen but word of mouth is very unreliable. And that's usually the only way people get to hear of these stories. Do you not think that would have been BIG news?
    Originally posted by Stargalaxy
    Who actually wants to work at McDonalds? Is it really any good working there?

It was a good crack. I worked with my mates. Flexibable hours while I was at college and it paid well.
    I got fired for being 'under the infulence' one sunday when I turned up for a shift, which was a shame actually. The only job I've ever been fired from.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    It was a good crack. I worked with my mates. Flexibable hours while I was at college and it paid well.

This is a surprise. Guessing by the terrible publicity that McDonalds gets, I thought the wages would also be poor. Oh well, can't believe everything we see and read, I suppose.
  • Options
    especially for under 18's and newly turned 18's who have worked with them for like 2 years since they were 16 will find that mcdonalds is one of the small minority of chains that pay staff very well
  • Options
    Well, that's the first thing I've learnt today!
  • Options
    Originally posted by googles
    There was maccy d in swadlincote got shut down cause a woman got thrush from a burger :(

A guy at work bought a car out of the paper. Ten years later, Bam! Herpes.
  • Options
    Originally posted by my_name
    A guy at work bought a car out of the paper. Ten years later, Bam! Herpes.

Bam Herpes......what a great name for a wrestler type person.

ETA: I'm heartened to see that one of the things to do isn't eat the food.
  • Options
    Apparently.
    Not saying it didn't happen but word of mouth is very unreliable. And that's usually the only way people get to hear of these stories. Do you not think that would have been BIG news?

'Twas apparently in the local paper, but I don't buy it 'cause it's shit.

I think a small minority of people do do things like that, and then a few becomes "all of them":(