Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

On-hold music

BillieTheBotBillieTheBot Posts: 8,722 Bot
Okay I'm sure that most people here dislike on-hold music especially if they're made to wait for a long time on the phone.

Anyway, I'm starting a thread to enquire if anyone can ID the tune that Acer (laptop manufactuer) is currently using for their technical support. It recently changed from a synthy Vangelis-like piece to a more sexy r'n'b track. I'd love to know what it is!

Also, are there any web sites out there that are good for ID-ing on-hold music in general? I did have a google but it returned web sites mainly for selling on-hold music for businesses.

Thanks.
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    What, the Acer music?! It's obviously not the original one that our music teacher made us play back in secondary school! Got an artist name?
  • Options
    Originally posted by Monserrat
    What, the Acer music?! It's obviously not the original one that our music teacher made us play back in secondary school! Got an artist name?
    I think he was being ironic ;)

Why don't you just ring them up and ask?
  • Options
    Some of the on hold music is shit, I sit there falling asleep.
    If some of these big companies would only realise that when you phone up with a complaint you dont want to listed to something thats gonna bore you to tears, if only they would play something a bit more lively then people wouldnt be as agitated when they do eventually get through.