Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

Case study,

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I need your help, yes. Well it's pretty simple, I have written to the mods about it and asked permission and heard nothing back so I am assuming it is ok, if not I am sorry,

I am doing a case study, one of which is based on how people interact differently on/off the internet, this will be using examples from messages boards and how people interact differently in real life,

I could do with a few people Who wouldn't mind being asked a few questions and write quite in depth of how and why they act differently in real life and or on websites or the internet, people who have lied on the net, why and various other questions I am writing up, if you don't mind Writing a short piece I could use then I would be very grateful, please Pm me if you don't mind doing this,

I will then send a full range of questions I would like answered (when they're written up)

Many thanks for any help that you give me,

Comments

• Options
    Re: Re: Case study,
    Originally posted by BritJames
    Send 'em over :)

I'll correct ya spelling too n put loads of red pen over it, hehe

lol thanks,
  • Options
    I'll have alooksee as well. Not really that busy this morning :D
  • Options
    out of interest when do you need the answers back by?
  • Options
    Send them =)
  • Options
    Send them.
  • Options
  • Options
    MSN with with the questions or PM when their done mate. I'll do the question but not write a massive amount of text on the subject :).
  • Options
    I need them back ASAP,

I'll post the questions on here as so many would like to take part and it takes two pms per person, but please PM the answers instead of posting them please,

1. On Average how many hours a week do you use the Internet?

2. Do you use any chat based clients like msn/aim If so why?

3. Do you feel the Internet can be a safe way to meet people?

4. Have you meet anyone from the Internet before, if so why? If you have move to question 4 if not move to 5

5. Did the person you met or yourself seem to act differently when you met them in person? If they did can you please describe how,

6. Do you act differently on the Internet and in real life how do you? Please describe in as much detail as possible

7. Have you ever lied on the Internet? If so what did you lie about and why?

8. Do you feel it is easier to lie on the Internet? If so why, is it because its easier to hide feelings?

9. Why do you think others lie on the Internet?

10. Do you think there is a major difference between how people act differently on the internet than what they do in real life?

Please answer all questions in a paragraph format, many thanks for helping in this case study
  • Options
    I'd like them by tonight so i could make a start please. it's not urgent if enough people do it i'll probably pick the best out the lot,
  • Options
    Working on them now mate, you'll have them this arvo.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Hellfire
    4. Have you meet anyone from the Internet before, if so why? If you have move to question 4 if not move to 5

Surely a mistake :p
  • Options
    Originally posted by NinjaMaster
    Surely a mistake :p

i think so, sorry it's the blooming tabs:p
  • Options
    Thank you for all your replys, the answers have been wonderful and have came in handy,

the ones I use I will inform that person as I might need there name if not I can leave it annom