Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Headaches

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I'm wondering if anyone can identify different types of headaches? The headache that I usually get feels like something is drilling into a point in my forehead above my left eye - the pain is concentrated at that one spot. Any idea what causes it?

Comments

• Options
    That's a tension headache, may be caused by eye strain.
  • Options
    May notnecersarrily be a tension headache. it could be something more serious you never know. go to the doctors and let them check it out.
    just out of curiosity how many times do you get headches per week.
    cos i suffer from tension headaches and i am like only 13 yrs old. you can amagine what a life that is. anyway i get my headaches about3-4 times a week, im used to it now.
    go to the doctors and see.
    luv lou
  • Options
    Thanks for the replies! I don't get them often enough to merit a trip to the doctor, about once a week on average. How do I resolve them - is there something I should do to stop them happening?
  • Options
    It could be a number of things, from cluster headaches to an atypical form of migraine. Keep a note of when they happen, what it feels like, and how long it lasts - and then go to your doctor for a proper diagnosis.

I have noticed that a lot of people on this board recently have been far too quick to give a diagnosis based on very little evidence - PLEASE STOP DOING THIS, IT HAS THE POTENTIAL TO BE DANGEROUS.

Other users, please note that the opinions expressed on this board are not necessarily the views of TheSite.org, and may not be factually correct. This board should NEVER be used as a replacement for qualified medical advice.