Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

Internal thermostats

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
It's a pain in the arse living with someone on a different thermostat to you! Mr Miffy would probably find the fiery depths of Sheol a bit parky, whereas my ideal holiday destination would be somewhere like...say, Greenland. In winter.

So he walks past the central heating thermostat and turns it up...I walk past and turn it down...and so we go on.

Separate houses?:chin:

Comments

• Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    The building I live in is quite old. So all 4 floors (6 flats/apartments) have the same thermostat in the basement. Imagine that. Not to mention that most people here are old tight-pockets, who either turn it up whenever they like because they're cold, or turn it down because they aren't and they don't want to waste money, not caring about the rest of the residents.
    See the bottom-right part of my sig... lol
  • Options
    Luckily, GWST and my theromstats are about equal.

Mum, on t'otehr hand, keeps the house at a steady 97C...
  • Options
    I have to keep my radiatot off in my room as me mam and dad always have the heating on. And there's times I can barely breathe. So got to me room were it's always nice and cool.
  • Options
    i am almost always cold. so i'm used to wearing several more layers than everyone else. and mr. kaff is usually warm. which is useful when sleeping, cause i use him to warm myself up, and he uses me to cool down.
  • Options
    Re: Internal thermostats
    Originally posted by Miffy
    It's a pain in the arse living with someone on a different thermostat to you! Mr Miffy would probably find the fiery depths of Sheol a bit parky, whereas my ideal holiday destination would be somewhere like...say, Greenland. In winter.

So he walks past the central heating thermostat and turns it up...I walk past and turn it down...and so we go on.

Separate houses?:chin:
    that is so me and mrs roll.
    had to come to a halfway agreement in the bedroom ...she has the heating on i have the window wide open.
    my side of the bed is nearest the window.