Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

82 Days, 7 Hours, 46 Minutes

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Until Christmas of 2004. Are you doing any Crimbo shopping yet?

Comments

• Options
    Thanks. You seem like a nice guy.
  • Options
    *Chuckles*
  • Options
    Your not? Someone told me your name was Alan and you crossdressed and used the name Rachel.
  • Options
    littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    Originally posted by Felix Da Housecat
    Your not? Someone told me your name was Alan and you crossdressed and used the name Rachel.

:lol:

sorry rachel!
  • Options
    EDIT: What so your name is Alan and you do crossdress then?
  • Options
    Yay. I'm pretty damn brainy.
  • Options
    Oooo... I lurve Christmas. Was looking forward to Halloween as well; but since I'm working I can't see it going to be that great this year :(

Not long to go... Yaaay :D
  • Options
    ooh im so excited but not wanting to budget, have to have a quiet this & next month so i can blow out!

i love xmas soooo much!!
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    I like Christmas too... In front of the tree, I feel like a kid again. And the atmosphere is great...
    Christmas is the one good thing about winter. Plus, they mean that we're closer to the end of winter than we are now.
  • Options
    Zalbor, what the hell is your av?!

Felix... bog off! :p
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    Originally posted by Miffy
    Zalbor, what the hell is your av?!
    Supposedly, a chupacabra (monster-like creature that supposedly lives in central America). Probably, just a squirrel or something.
  • Options
    I *hate* christmas with a passion. I'm not even religious so why I buy people presents God knows. I guess it's so I don't feel guilty that people buy presents for me.
  • Options
    People shouldn't buy Christmas presents unless they are Christian imo. Unless you are religious it should be like every other day. And no, I haven't even thought about Christmas shopping. Seeing the stuff out in the shops depresses me.
  • Options
    It'sd October 3, and I was amazed that I went in a shop and it wasn't playing that fucking song by that fucking Brummie cunt.

Give it a week :yeees:
  • Options
    The Christmas aisle at work has been up for three or four weeks now. Ditto Tesco and Woolies :yes:
  • Options
    its waaay too early for xmas. i don't start thinking about it til at least mid november. until then, bog off :p
  • Options
    Originally posted by Lil Laura
    The Christmas aisle at work has been up for three or four weeks now. Ditto Tesco and Woolies :yes:

I hope the people responsible for that get anally raped by a bus or something.

Christmas preparations shouldn't begin until the 4th Sunday before Christmas.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Kermit
    Christmas preparations shouldn't begin until the 4th Sunday before Christmas.

:yes: so very true.
  • Options
    Chocolates for Christmas were in the shops from sometime in September don't they know that not many people are gonna buy chocolates so soon because it will be a sloppy mess by 25th December. :confused:
  • Options
    The fact that shops are already starting to sell Christmas things is totally pathetic. Thats commercial business for you, Capatalist Bastards.
  • Options
    I work for Wilkos and I have been putting Christmas stuff out since Mid-August.

Started with a few toys but more recently it has really built up. Last week i was putting out Christmas cards, wrapping paper and decorations.

This week I'm gonna have to put out those annoying little singing christmas decorations (the singing santas and the likes) that go off every time you come a metre of it.

I think its far too early. I feel like im gonna really hate Christmas by December 25th because I would of had too much of it.

Roll On January!
  • Options
    I saw the first advert for the Parks catalogue Christmas 2005 this year. I swear they'll be two christmases ahead in ten years.
  • Options
    Originally posted by dr_carter
    I saw the first advert for the Parks catalogue Christmas 2005 this year. I swear they'll be two christmases ahead in ten years.

I Agree! I'm sure they usually start advertising not long after each Christmas.
  • Options
    Originally posted by cloudkicker
    I Agree! I'm sure they usually start advertising not long after each Christmas.

About six years ago, the did christmas 1998 on 1st January 1998. the next year they did christmas 1999 on 26th Dec 1998. It's been moving forwards in massive leaps since then.
  • Options
    I only bought 1 present til now... it was on sale, and perfect for one friend so....
  • Options
    At work (Tesco) We have been selling mince pies, tinsel and all that since late September, Christmas is slowly taking over every month, the thing is people are actually buying them already. It is like them people that have Christmas Trees up in november, i'm just glad I dont live in their houses

I don't mind Christmas and in December when it's like the appropriate time it can even be quite enjoyable, but because all this OTT festive nonsense has been shoved down your throat for months beforehand by the time it comes all, your bored of it and it is the biggest anti climax ever.

I guess i better start saving for pressies soon though, oh and i hope it snows <3
  • Options
    Originally posted by beans
    It is like them people that have Christmas Trees up in november, i'm just glad I dont live in their houses <3

I have seen a house not too far away from me that has put his Christmas decorations up already!!!

Far to early
  • Options
    Originally posted by cloudkicker
    I have seen a house not too far away from me that has put his Christmas decorations up already!!!

Far to early

There's one round the corner from me that never took them down!
  • Options
    The Christmas celebrations were originally a pagan ritual then it was dressed up as a Christain celebration (the day Jesus was born), Christains have done this for a lot of Pagan rituals in the past to convert Pagans into Christains, so basically Christmas is a load of balls.