Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhheeeeeeeee

2»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by bongbudda
    If you say so. Still sounds more than a little like a childrens party game, getting you all to sit down! Whats that?!

Try sitting down with 10,000 people, waiting for a song to kick off and become fucking heavy. As soon as you rise to your feet, 10,000 other people do, and they all go fucking mental. I mean mental. Great fun :D
    ________
    Live Sex
    ________
    Glass bong
  • Options
    Originally posted by RiSe & ShIne
    Try sitting down with 10,000 people, waiting for a song to kick off and become fucking heavy. As soon as you rise to your feet, 10,000 other people do, and they all go fucking mental. I mean mental. Great fun :D

Hmmm, I'll blow my whistle in time to Toy Town thank you very much.
  • Options
    And why exactly aren't they a proper metal band?

Can you do sixteenth-note double bass drumming? No? Can you play guitar like Mick or Jim? No? Can you play an instrument?

Slipknots talent easily matches 'proper' metal bands. You were just one of those fags who thought the masks were cool, then as soon as the novelty wore off you ripped them up.

haha, well you obviously DON'T play the guitar if you think Jim and Mick are talented, practically every slipknot song is just tuned down distorted barre chords, no talent whatsoever, yes i play the guitar and the bass, does mick or jim know the pentatonic, dorian, mixolydian or blues scales, i seriously doubt it, yes, i've been playing the guitar every day for over 3 years now, i don't know how good you are but im probably better, good metal bands are dying fetus, megadeth, slayer, and metal is so lame these days, listen to lynyrd skynyrd or led zep, makes mick and jim and co look like amateurish children and yea i was one of those fags, i'll admit it, but at least i grew out of it, slipknot are so fake and are so not talented its unreal.
  • Options
    Originally posted by turlough
    haha, well you obviously DON'T play the guitar if you think Jim and Mick are talented, practically every slipknot song is just tuned down distorted barre chords, no talent whatsoever, yes i play the guitar and the bass, does mick or jim know the pentatonic, dorian, mixolydian or blues scales, i seriously doubt it, yes, i've been playing the guitar every day for over 3 years now, i don't know how good you are but im probably better, good metal bands are dying fetus, megadeth, slayer, and metal is so lame these days, listen to lynyrd skynyrd or led zep, makes mick and jim and co look like amateurish children and yea i was one of those fags, i'll admit it, but at least i grew out of it, slipknot are so fake and are so not talented its unreal.

I do play guitar actually. There's a video on the 'net somewhere of Mick playing rifss, i'll have a look for it and post the link. Watch that and tell me he'd not talented.

An yeah, those are good metal bands. You can't really say Slayer songs (minus the solos) take a hell of a lot of talent to play, they're just done fucking fast. Fast fret work is all that need for bands like Slayer and Metallica.
    ________
    LIVE SEX
    ________
    Laguna Bay II Condos Pattaya
  • Options
    I do play guitar actually. There's a video on the 'net somewhere of Mick playing rifss, i'll have a look for it and post the link. Watch that and tell me he'd not talented.

An yeah, those are good metal bands. You can't really say Slayer songs (minus the solos) take a hell of a lot of talent to play, they're just done fucking fast. Fast fret work is all that need for bands like Slayer and Metallica.

well i will admit that he is of course talented to a certain degree but definately overrated, i would have a lot more respect for slipknot if they experimented more, i know they tried it on the new albulm but there's something so silly and mundane about them, you get that "here we go again" feeling when listening to them, yea metal is an easy genre to play but there's an organisation and talent to songs like seasons in the abyss, peace sells, fade to black etc, slipknot just don't have the edge i'm afraid.
  • Options
    well i will admit that he is of course talented to a certain degree but definately overrated, i would have a lot more respect for slipknot if they experimented more, i know they tried it on the new albulm but there's something so silly and mundane about them, you get that "here we go again" feeling when listening to them, yea metal is an easy genre to play but there's an organisation and talent to songs like seasons in the abyss, peace sells, fade to black etc, slipknot just don't have the edge i'm afraid.

I seriously don't get that. To me there's nothing silly about it, it's good, fast, heavy and aggressive music. If I want technically sound solos I'll listen to Deep Purple. If I want angry and pissed off music with lots of solos I'll listen to Slayer. If I want a mixture, I'll listen to Slipknot. With them, what you see is what you get. They don't pretend to be something they're not.
    ________
    Glass Bong
    ________
    Paxil Injury Lawyer
  • Options
    I seriously don't get that. To me there's nothing silly about it, it's good, fast, heavy and aggressive music. If I want technically sound solos I'll listen to Deep Purple. If I want angry and pissed off music with lots of solos I'll listen to Slayer. If I want a mixture, I'll listen to Slipknot. With them, what you see is what you get. They don't pretend to be something they're not.

fair enough, i can't criticise you for liking them, it is of course your taste in music, i'm just re-affirming my belief that they are a talentless piece of shit of a band, i'm sure you'll say dance music is a load of shit and you'll give your reasons but no one is right in any arguemnt. p.s i just hope you'll mature and listen to some proper metal ;) j/k
  • Options
    fair enough, i can't criticise you for liking them, it is of course your taste in music, i'm just re-affirming my belief that they are a talentless piece of shit of a band, i'm sure you'll say dance music is a load of shit and you'll give your reasons but no one is right in any arguemnt. p.s i just hope you'll mature and listen to some proper metal ;) j/k

Nah I fucking love dance music. I love every kind of music, except pop. I'll never like that, just never.

And I do listen to 'proper' metal. You could name off every 'proper' metal band you know and i'll have at least one of their albums. Ever heard of The Berzerker, Carcass, Gorgoroth, Zyklon etc etc...?
    ________
    LIVE SEX WEBSHOWS
    ________
    Granny Webcam
  • Options
    Im gonna see em on Wednesday, what was the Slayer set?

I am going for Slayer, they are the mighty titans of thrash metal.

If i can be arsed I may stay for the Knot, but SLayer will be better.
  • Options
    Nah I fucking love dance music. I love every kind of music, except pop. I'll never like that, just never.

And I do listen to 'proper' metal. You could name off every 'proper' metal band you know and i'll have at least one of their albums. Ever heard of The Berzerker, Carcass, Gorgoroth, Zyklon etc etc...?

cool, i've heard of zyklon and the bezerker, to be honest, i don't really listen to music these days, i prefer to play it, if you keep listening to a certain band or style of music then try and make up your own songs, you'll subconsiously play their songs or something similar to their songs, but yeh, sorry for bein a dick, keep up the faith.
  • Options
    Originally posted by The Matadore
    Im gonna see em on Wednesday, what was the Slayer set?

I am going for Slayer, they are the mighty titans of thrash metal.

If i can be arsed I may stay for the Knot, but SLayer will be better.

They opened with God Hates Us All. Most of their set was a blur, I think I took too many knocks to the head.

They played Mandatory Suicide, War Ensemble, Seasons in the Abyss, South of Heaven, Angel of Death and Raing Blood. I seriously can't remember the rest.
    ________
    Zoloft Classaction
    ________
    Web shows
  • Options
    They probably opened with Disciple.

Seasons in the Abyss!!! YESS!!
  • Options
    They probably opened with Disciple.

Seasons in the Abyss!!! YESS!!

Well yeah, Disciple was was played as the intro, but that just came from the PA's. The first song they played was God Hates Us All. The banner for that was cool, it had written across it in UV lights stuff like "God Hates Us All" "He Hates Us" and inverted crusifixes.

They also had inverted crusifix lights that were shining on the curtains at both sides of the arena :D
    ________
    Vapolution
    ________
    Bubbler Pipe
  • Options
    Ugh, i'm an arse. I forgot the song was called Disciple and thought it was God Hates Us All. But aye, Darnkess of christ came through as the intro, and Disciple was played first.
    ________
    Web Shows
    ________
    HOW TO MAKE A BONG
  • Options
    How long was the Slayer set?
  • Options
    How long was the Slayer set?

Round about the 70 minute mark. Same with Slipknot. Mastodon got a 20 minute set and I think Hatebreed got a 30 or 40 minute set.
    ________
    RECALL PRILOSEC
    ________
    VAPORIZER INFORMATION
  • Options
    Oh, I forgot to say earlier, but Venom were there last night :D

Not playing or anything, they were just in the crowd. Dunno if they're gonna be at all dates though.
    ________
    HOTTYMESS
    ________
    Park Royal 2 Condominium Prathumnak
  • Options
    I never thought I would ever be defending Slipknot but here goes. All the people in that band are seriously talented. The guitar players are up among the best metal players going. Having read interviews and heard some of their solos, they do indeed know what they're doing.

If I was being a bitch I could say that they don't know the dorian of mixolydian scales. Because there are no such things. They're modes. :p
  • Options
    They opened with God Hates Us All. Most of their set was a blur, I think I took too many knocks to the head.

Now call me fussy, but I prefer my nights out without repeated beatings to the skull.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Infinite
    I never thought I would ever be defending Slipknot but here goes. All the people in that band are seriously talented. The guitar players are up among the best metal players going. Having read interviews and heard some of their solos, they do indeed know what they're doing.

If I was being a bitch I could say that they don't know the dorian of mixolydian scales. Because there are no such things. They're modes. :p

You, my friend, have sense. And you stay in Edinburgh. Pint and a jam session? :p
    ________
    Extreme Q Vaporizor Review
    ________
    GONG BONGS
  • Options
    You, my friend, have sense. And you stay in Edinburgh. Pint and a jam session? :p

Ha ha, that would be interesting. My cliched Clapton licks versus your heavy thrash metal stuff.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Infinite
    Ha ha, that would be interesting. My cliched Clapton licks versus your heavy thrash metal stuff.

Aye, would indeed to be something to behold.
    ________
    Homemade Marijuana Vaporizer
    ________
    affair Webcam
  • Options
    ...Its SLipknot/Slayer tonite....i cant sleep im that excited. lol. Feels like christmas. lol. Been watching Disasterpieces all evening...can honestly say i couldnt be more hyped up about this gig at all. Plus, as well as getting to see my favourite band, i also get to see Slayer, i mean fuck man, im not a super fan but i recognise good music when i see it.....

Just wish i cud stop being a big kid for 10 minutes and get to sleep. lol

Peace

PS - Rise&Shine - yeah i saw the Spit It Out thing...its on Disasterpieces...im praying that i get to meet Sid in the crowd....hes fuckin awesome and one crazy bitch too.
  • Options
    Originally posted by bongbudda
    Being bashed around by drunken youths who are angry at the world because they are teenagers listening to angry noise.

I'd much rather hang out in a dank club with Hardcore so loud I can feel my liver vibrating.

I like to do both :)

.... but not at the same time mind:rolleyes:
  • Options
    Originally posted by AlmightyBob
    ...Its SLipknot/Slayer tonite....i cant sleep im that excited. lol. Feels like christmas. lol. Been watching Disasterpieces all evening...can honestly say i couldnt be more hyped up about this gig at all. Plus, as well as getting to see my favourite band, i also get to see Slayer, i mean fuck man, im not a super fan but i recognise good music when i see it.....

Just wish i cud stop being a big kid for 10 minutes and get to sleep. lol

Peace

PS - Rise&Shine - yeah i saw the Spit It Out thing...its on Disasterpieces...im praying that i get to meet Sid in the crowd....hes fuckin awesome and one crazy bitch too.

Craig Jones won't be there tonight, he got flown home a few weeks ago for emergency dental surgery. But still.

Sid was about 5 inches infront of my face after the gig when they were going off stage. Me and my mate got to see them all taking their masks off and near enough collapsing :D
    ________
    AVANDIA LAWYERS
    ________
    Lax caregivers
  • Options
    Well, I'm off to the Manchester gig.

I intend to, in the words of Anthrax's Scott Ian 'Fucking Destroy'.

Toodles.
  • Options
    I can summarise the show in 4 words:

SLayer - Awesome

Slipknot - Mediocre