Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

Uri Geller

Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
I don't know where this should go; don't move it to "Entertainment" though or I'll be offended.

I was just watching a programme where he was invited. A lot of watches in the studio and at peoples houses, if we're to believe the ones that called, started working. And spoons broke or bended and other things.
What are your thoughts on him? They say there have been tests that showed some energy in his brain and hands.
Myself, I've read one of his books, and I used to believe him a lot. I'm grown sceptical (about everything) though, and I'm not that convinced, though I certainly don't disbelieve him. The sure thing is that no spoon broke in my house.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I'm a bit sceptical really, but not sure why. Theres just something not quite right about it.

I served him once when I worked in a motorway service station [/random]
  • Options
    Im not sure about Uri...theres somat i dont like about him.
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    He just guessed what a person there had drawn (a flower) and he drew it himself on-camera with little difference than the original (which no one but the one who drew it had seen). It was even the exact same size, the only difference was the way he drew the petals.

And curiously, before I even saw either drawing, I was sure it would be a flower...
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    The bloke is a complete twat.

I remember when that other twat David Blaine was doing his stint in the box, Uri was down below giving the impression he was a friend, and quite blatently seekign publicity. Blaine told him to fuck off and called him a 'hanger on'. The security then removed him.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    My mate has met him, says he's sleazy.