Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

Switching Phone Companies

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I've seen one company offering free off peak and weekend calls for the next 12 months, you just keep your BT Line they bill you for the calls but I think BT Stil bill you for the rental??

Or do you just get one bill for all?

nyone switched from BT (for just billing not like moving to cable)? And if so any problems?

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    These phone companies will only ever charge you for the calls you make (some also charge you a service charge). However you will still be billed for your line rental (about £35-£40) from BT.

My personal favorite service is 18866 . They only charge you 1p connection for each call after that its free (calls to any landline peak AND off peak). So you could be on the phone for an hour and still only be charged a penny! Calls to mobiles are cheap as well (2p/min at weekends!!).