Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

Stain on my carpet

BillieTheBotBillieTheBot Posts: 8,722 Bot
I had a couple of friends round for dinner tonight and one of them spilt a rather large glass of white wine on the carpet. Our carpet is of crappy generic student house colour they usually call fawn, but is rather like dark beige. Anyway, theres now a rather large and obvious wine stain on the carpet...I dont know how to get it out.
I washed it just with hot water when it happened, I just don't want the landlord to kill me or something :(
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    All I know for sure is NEVER use hot water for stains cos for certain stains the heat sets the stain into the fibres!!
  • Options
  • Options
    Re: Stain on my carpet
    Originally posted by MoonArcanum
    I had a couple of friends round for dinner tonight and one of them spilt a rather large glass of white wine on the carpet. Our carpet is of crappy generic student house colour they usually call fawn, but is rather like dark beige. Anyway, theres now a rather large and obvious wine stain on the carpet...I dont know how to get it out.
    I washed it just with hot water when it happened, I just don't want the landlord to kill me or something :(
    if you cover the whole carpet in wine stains ...there will be no stains.
  • Options
    But thats wasting a lot of wine they could be drinking!
  • Options
    littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    Originally posted by Blackraven
    But thats wasting a lot of wine they could be drinking!

how true :p

moonarcanum ... i would give something like vanish a try. it (supposedly) works on all kinds of stains so might be worth trying out.
  • Options
    Thanks for the advice :) I woke up this morning and its faded out to match the rest of the gross colour of my carpet :D Theres still a bit of a blotch so I may try some vanish when I go shopping later. My friends have nasty spilling habits, so it will probably come in handy in future!
  • Options
    littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    Originally posted by BritJames
    I read in HMV once .. a true story ... apparently...

Well, there was this guy, and he was young and had a high sex drive .. anyways, he used to stay at his girlfriends house, and they'd obviously have sex in her bed.

As he had a high sex drive, and obviously had problems keeping it down, whilst she was asleep in the night, he would tug one off, but let fly onto the carpet - it was cream coloured shag pile type. and by morning, it had dried in and it wasn't noticible.

Anyways, months passed by, same thing happening every so often. But then the girlfriend bought one of those over the bed tanning machines.

what would show up under UV lighting? lots of spots and stains all over the carpet :p

lmao :lol:
  • Options

Well, there was this guy, and he was young and had a high sex drive .. anyways, he used to stay at his girlfriends house, and they'd obviously have sex in her bed.

As he had a high sex drive, and obviously had problems keeping it down, whilst she was asleep in the night, he would tug one off, but let fly onto the carpet - it was cream coloured shag pile type. and by morning, it had dried in and it wasn't noticible.

Anyways, months passed by, same thing happening every so often. But then the girlfriend bought one of those over the bed tanning machines.

what would show up under UV lighting? lots of spots and stains all over the carpet :p

I remember that it was in an issue of FHM in the true stories section.
  • Options
    The best thing to get staines out of things is a spray called Elbow Grease. It will remove anything! We buy it on bulk at work so dunni if you can go down to Asda or Tesco's and buy a bottle.
  • Options

Hee, I read about that in FHM.