Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

Visual Music Software

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I'm doing a Salsa Night next week in a small Bar.

After the class we plan to have a bit of a Disco, but this place doesn't have any disco lights.

However it does have a Huge Plasma or TFT hanging on the wall and I'm sure it can be connected to a Laptop.

So what I was think is playing music ont he laptop connected to their Sound System but using the Plasma Screen to display some patterns or visual images that move in time to the music.

I know Medi Player does this but what other software does? I remember years ago seeing something that had figures that danced in time to the music but no idea of the name.

Comments

• Options
    get winamp, there's a huge archive of visualisation plugins for it.

hth!
  • Options
    Media Player comes with quite a few, and you can get others for it.
    There are some great free visualisations for Winamp. R2, R4, and Tripex3 are some of the best I've found to date if you're looking for that dance club screen effect. They're highly configurable, and some have the option to display the current track name, play time, etc, while running.
    Go to www.winamp.com and have a look at their visulisation plug-in section.
  • Options
    The king of Winamp visialisations is Milkdrop. For Salsa, it may be too intense. It suits house and trance music better.

Now you can also go for R2 and/or R4 which is slightly more subtle but funky at the same time. Once running, presst ALT+ENTER to move into fullscreen.

I go to Salsa lessons myself!