Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

babies

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Just wondering who here on the site has kids, how old are they? names? etc.

Comments

• Options
    Becky, aged 9 and as cute as her Mum :D
  • Options
    Er I have a few...

5 at last count. :blush:
  • Options
    i have a cat, does that count?

He's called Toby and is 18 months old :D
  • Options
    Ive got one boy,
    Lenny age 3
    :)
    Hes my handsome boy.
  • Options
    I'm my own baby:D Maybe I should grow up a little:p

.:Crispy:.
  • Options
    Carl and he's 5
  • Options
    nope i dont, if i ever do i only wnat one n thats not for atleast 8 years......dont want stretch marks, saggy breasts, being responsible n spending all my cash on someone else while im in my twenties!!!!
  • Options
    Hell no, I can't afford children. I can't even afford my own extravagent lifestyle.
  • Options
    littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    in a few years i would like lots of kids.
  • Options
    Originally posted by VinylVicky
    nope i dont, if i ever do i only wnat one n thats not for atleast 8 years......dont want stretch marks, saggy breasts, being responsible n spending all my cash on someone else while im in my twenties!!!!
    Thanks!
    and I wouldnt want to be so shallow and selfish.
  • Options
    Originally posted by rainbow brite
    Thanks!

Can't believe I'm saying this to you, :p but well said!
  • Options
    Originally posted by HunnyPot
    Can't believe I'm saying this to you, :p but well said!
    you love me really darling :love:
  • Options
    I aint got none at the moment but defo want 1 or 2 in the future
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    Thanks!

It was a fair enough comment though.

I would love to have a kids and previous girlfriend have raised the question with me but it would be so wrong.
    I've got to grow up a bit before I do that. And I've also got a little left of my own crazy life to live before I get serious and bring another into the world.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    Thanks!
    god your so touchy. It's the exact reasons why I don't want kids yet, so what? It would be selfish of me to have one and resent it. Just because someone doesn't want what you have there is no need to be so rude. Your obviously very touchy about this subject, is it just because your having doubts about your life? Weirdo.
  • Options
    god your so touchy. It's the exact reasons why I don't want kids yet, so what? It would be selfish of me to have one and resent it. Just because someone doesn't want what you have there is no need to be so rude. Your obviously very touchy about this subject, is it just because your having doubts about your life? Weirdo.
    I couldnt give two shits whether you want babies or not tbh, the thread was asking about the people that HAD babies,If it was a `who doesnt have babies` thread, I wouldnt have replied, would I? I didnt see any call for you to answer and make an offensive comment about the bodies of women whove had babies.
  • Options
    I couldnt give two shits whether you want babies or not tbh, the thread was asking about the people that HAD babies,If it was a `who doesnt have babies` thread, I wouldnt have replied, would I? I didnt see any call for you to answer and make an offensive comment about the bodies of women whove had babies.
    I didnt make any offensive comment and your right there is no call for me to make an offensive comment, that's why I didn't. I said I didn't want the stretch marks. So what? I don't. Can't imagine many people wanting them. I didn't direct anything at other women's bodies, I directed it at my own. I didn't metion anyone else. I already have enough from being a fat kid.
    There was no need to take offence.
    I have pale skin and I hate it, if someone said to me "i'm gona go get a tan cos I don't want pale skin" it wouldn't offend me. Or if someon said "i'm never going to get fat, I don't want the stretch marks" I wouldn't be offended.
    I have no idea if you would have replied if it was a different topic.
    I laugh at you.
  • Options
    it offended me and I let you know.
    I dont see why that makes you laugh at me. I was offended because you expressed distaste at the idea of the bodies of women whove had a baby, you wouldnt want that for yourself. Fine, think that, thats your prerogative, but it was a bit innapropriate and smug to come out with that on a thread where we`re talking positively about our babies. It was uncalled for.
  • Options
    No it was. It's my reasons and i'm sticking by them. So it was called for, I don't make bad comments on people's physical apearance. I'd like to think if you weren't so rude to me then I would have apologised for coming accross that way. BUT I didn't even come accross that way and I know I sometimes can.
    This is boring now, so that's me done.
  • Options
    I would have apologised for coming accross that way. BUT I didn't even come accross that way and I know I sometimes can.
    If you hadnt come across that way then I wouldnt have taken it that way. OK so I can accept you didnt mean it the way it came across. The way I saw it you were being smug about your perfect body saying you didnt want to go the way people with children had gone - in a thread about peoples children.
    Thats how you DID come across to me. I accept you didnt mean it to sound like that.
    I have nothing against you Vicky, You seem fine to me, Im only talking about your comment, and my reactive comment, was just that - a reaction. sorry it was rude, but so were you.
  • Options
    i accept your apology and i have nothing against you either but I really truely do not believe i even came accross as rude, i'm sorry u took it that way. I said I didnt want them, maybe I should have said i dont want anymore, as my body is far from perfect.
  • Options
    I didn't furnish my reply with much info so - I have 5 babies. The eldest aren't babies anymore tho.

Matt - 13
    Karen - 12
    Scott - 6
    Lewis - 2
    Sam - 10 months.
  • Options
    my friends have just had a baby, his name is Joshua, the only thing I don't love about him is his stinky nappies! pooh! *holds nose*
  • Options
    My cat is my baby :heart:
  • Options
    dont want stretch marks,

i aint got none :p

and Vicky, good on ya for not wanting kids because you are not ready to spend all your cash and be responsible for a child.......its a shame more dont think about that first.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Miffy
    I didn't furnish my reply with much info so - I have 5 babies. The eldest aren't babies anymore tho.

Matt - 13
    Karen - 12
    Scott - 6
    Lewis - 2
    Sam - 10 months.

I didnt realise you had that many children, i thought you only had two! Shows what i know :p
  • Options
    Originally posted by *TiNK*
    I didnt realise you had that many children, i thought you only had two! Shows what i know :p

I was only having two. I had my "pigeon pair". Dunno quite what happened after that!
  • Options
    I don't have any, and don't want any for a good few years yet. My best friend who is the same age as me (22) has 2 children, one is 2 weeks old.

Spending time with them, and helping her out, has made me realise what a commitment it is, and how much hard work children are. She is lucky because her family help her out so she can still go out/study.

I want to travel more and be happy in my career before having children, but at the same time I want to have kids while I'm still fairly young, in my mid to late twenties.
  • Options
    There are two mini-Ninjas on the go at the moment.

Ryan has just turned 7 :eek:

Reece has just turned 7 months :eek: :eek:

There are more planned but waiting till next year as we're going on holiday in March and the wife wants a drink :)