Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

SimCity 3000 UK

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I have a loan of my friends SC 3000 UK but when I click "Install" I get a popup saying:

16 Bit Windows Subsystem

C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\AUTOEXEC.NT. The system file is not suitable for running MS-DOS and Microsoft Windows Applications. Choose 'Close' to terminate the application.

My friend's computer is lower spec than mine and he says it works on his. What could be wrong? I updated Macromedia Flash and Shockwave to see if it worked but it doesnt :/

Comments

• Options
    Pirate copy is it?
  • Options
    Game Piracy jeapordises future video game production!

o_ó
  • Options
    Originally posted by Mist
    Pirate copy is it?

No actually :p That's why I'm surprised
  • Options
    Originally posted by noog
    Game Piracy jeapordises future video game production!

o_ó

Just as well it's the original disk then, eh? :/
  • Options
    The ea tech support place says
    If you are getting an error message beginning with "16-bit MS-DOS Subsystem" when trying to play The Sims or one of the Sim City titles, it may be happening because of missing or damaged Windows files. The three error messages that have been reported to us are:

“The 3 error messages are –
    16-bit MS-DOS Subsystem
    path to the program that you are trying to start or install
    C:\Winnt\System32\config.nt The system file is not suitable for running MS-DOS and Microsoft Windows applications. Choose 'Close' to terminate the application.“

“16-bit MS-DOS Subsystem
    config.nt The system file is not suitable for running MS-DOS and Microsoft Windows applications. Choose 'Close' to terminate the application.“

“16-bit MS-DOS Subsystem
    C:\Windows\System32\Autoexec.nt The system file is not suitable for running MS-DOS and Microsoft Windows applications. Choose 'Close' to terminate the application.”

Microsoft does have a knowledgebase article about this issue on their web site. You can view this by going to http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;324767

As this is an issue regarding the Windows operating system, and not the game you are trying to play, we can not endorse or recommend any system changes suggested on the Microsoft web page. If you do have any questions about the information contained there, we strongly recommend you contact either Microsoft support, or the manufacturer of the computer, before making any changes to your system.
  • Options
    I feel like I'm about to crack up here. The Commpand Prompt didn't work, I couldnt find Notepad so I used Wordpad to do the second thing it says. I restarted my PC, clicked install and it still wouldn't work :mad: :crying: