Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

Transparent taskbar !

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
My computer decided to randomly make my whole taskbar along the bottom like 50% transparent, i can see its there but i can see the picture behind it, damn pc !

I've been looking through a few menu's and i dont see one that says Transparency could someone tell me how to get it back to normal please....... Thank you :)

Comments

• Options
    Do you have any software installed that will change the way Windows looks?
  • Options
    i did but the weirdest thing just happened.

I turned on the pc and it wouldnt accept my password, i treid all differant combinations and older ones also and it still wouldnt work so i shut it down, then i just put it back on typed in what the password should be and it accepted it :confused::confused:

and in answer to your question felix, yeh i did but i uninstalled it all and now its come back on the taskbar has gone back to normal.....:confused: My pc really is a piece of shit !
  • Options
    Richeh, if you had transparencies, you were probably using the nView software that comes with Geforce cards. If you enable it in the control panel, you can individualise your windows to different transparencies and selectively keep some of them opaque.
  • Options
    As Monserrat suggested, do you have a GeForce graphics card and drivers? Have you been playing with the settings recently? Or have you just updated the drivers (either by downloading them, or through Windows Update). Have a look under your Display Properties anyway, somewhere in the Advanced section of the Settings tab.
  • Options
    No i dont have an Nvidea Graphics card.... anyway it seems to have sorted itself out now :confused: